Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bust a Move Baby

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 am

I know some might say no but I think it aught to be considered strongly. When you dance at clubs, I think you aught to have your seduction stats raised. It makes more sense than raising your humanity. If you're a nossie, you shouldn't get any points walking into a club and busting a move. Dancing around people puts you on display in front of them and you should really be avoiding anything that could get mortals attention. Even if you're in a safe area. There are still people there with cell phones and no one's drunk enough to dismiss a horribly disfigured person shaking their booty. If you need humanity, perhaps you could purchase a book on the arts or other subjects that help you stay connected with the world around you and appreciate humanity. With that said, nossies should be allowed to spend less XP on research books.

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:44 am

I think the dancing bonus should just be removed entirely.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I agree, although I think this dancing bonus isn't for the actual dancing, but actually "spending time with mortals, listening, talking, socializing...")

As for seduction and stuff, I'm not entirely sure : I've never been to clubs at all, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Claudia wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
I agree, although I think this dancing bonus isn't for the actual dancing, but actually "spending time with mortals, listening, talking, socializing...")

As for seduction and stuff, I'm not entirely sure : I've never been to clubs at all, so who knows.
Well raising seduction is more realistic. I use to go clubbing all the time. Believe me, dancing is not used to raise your humanity points. I just think that dancing should yield a more realistic stat increase. Seduction is achieved on the dance floor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I agree on a temporary seduction bonus for dancing. I'm just not sure if it is possible to do it. If I can figure out a way to do it, dancing will increase your seduction by 1 or 2 until you leave the club.
If I can't use the dance trigger from the game, maybe I can add a line to the doll dialogs. "Let's dance" if seduction is too low, and then have a player controller fire in for a few minutes...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I agree on a temporary seduction bonus for dancing. I'm just not sure if it is possible to do it. If I can figure out a way to do it, dancing will increase your seduction by 1 or 2 until you leave the club.
If I can't use the dance trigger from the game, maybe I can add a line to the doll dialogs. "Let's dance" if seduction is too low, and then have a player controller fire in for a few minutes...

-geek 
I was actually thinking of a temporary increase but I didn't know if a temporary seduction increase would be possible. What do you think about raising humanity through research rather than random good deeds? Seems that just being able to avoid doing a bad deed to avoid losing humanity should be the reward. Example. Let the thin blood go on the beach instead of killing him. You don't lose humanity but you don't gain any either. Running low on humanity? Buy the Diary of Anne Frank from a vendor or a similar book that helps you to re-connect with the human condition.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 am

I would prefer it if the only way to increase Humanity would be by spending XP on it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:07 am

Dragatus wrote:
I would prefer it if the only way to increase Humanity would be by spending XP on it.
Hm, I don't like the idea of xp being the only way. But on the other hand, a humanity gain should be paid for by some other means.
Maybe you only can get humanity if you didn't find Mercurio's money, but you decide to pay him from your own money...
Or if you ghoul Heather, you gain humanity for saving her life, but you get a masquerade violation for making a patient with severe internal bleeding walk away good as new without ever having seen a doctor...

aneumann01 wrote:
...Running low on humanity? Buy the Diary of Anne Frank from a vendor or a similar book that helps you to re-connect with the human condition.
IMO this isn't a bad idea. But it should be limited, and cost more'n just a fistful of dollars. And from a mere technical point of view, item slots are scarce, so using some kind of a note that can only be picked up at the actual location, like Strauss' invitation, is better and can be done with different texts each time. Maybe you'll have to go to the library, spend time there searching for something, read it right on the spot which costs more time (and therefore blood). And in the worst case you're interrupted by the guard...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Hm, I don't like the idea of xp being the only way. But on the other hand, a humanity gain should be paid for by some other means.
Maybe you only can get humanity if you didn't find Mercurio's money, but you decide to pay him from your own money...
Or if you ghoul Heather, you gain humanity for saving her life, but you get a masquerade violation for making a patient with severe internal bleeding walk away good as new without ever having seen a doctor...

aneumann01 wrote:
...Running low on humanity? Buy the Diary of Anne Frank from a vendor or a similar book that helps you to re-connect with the human condition.
IMO this isn't a bad idea. But it should be limited, and cost more'n just a fistful of dollars. And from a mere technical point of view, item slots are scarce, so using some kind of a note that can only be picked up at the actual location, like Strauss' invitation, is better and can be done with different texts each time. Maybe you'll have to go to the library, spend time there searching for something, read it right on the spot which costs more time (and therefore blood). And in the worst case you're interrupted by the guard...

-geek 
Yes, Heather practically skipping out the door in blood soak clothes with no need to see a doctor after being admitted with life threatening wounds? Yes, that is highly suspicious and should be put in check by a Masquerade violation. Going to the library to read is a great idea. That way you have to really work for it. I haven't done the library yet cause I don't even know how to get in there. lol
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
As long as it's limited and the cost is high enough that should work.
Back to top Go down
Demon1198
Fledgling
Fledgling
Demon1198

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
I know some might say no but I think it aught to be considered strongly. When you dance at clubs, I think you aught to have your seduction stats raised. It makes more sense than raising your humanity. If you're a nossie, you shouldn't get any points walking into a club and busting a move. Dancing around people puts you on display in front of them and you should really be avoiding anything that could get mortals attention. Even if you're in a safe area. There are still people there with cell phones and no one's drunk enough to dismiss a horribly disfigured person shaking their booty. If you need humanity, perhaps you could purchase a book on the arts or other subjects that help you stay connected with the world around you and appreciate humanity. With that said, nossies should be allowed to spend less XP on research books.

Just my two cents.
I always thought that Nosferatu could dance at clubs because everyone would think it was a really cool costume or makeup or something. It's a rather professional make up job if that's what it is, but that's just how I've always made sense of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bust a Move Baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bust a Move Baby   Bust a Move Baby Empty

Back to top Go down

Bust a Move Baby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Whishes for a new mod-
Jump to: