Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Domination problem

Go down 
+4
Claudia
malak
Childe of Malkav
Matii
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matii
Fledgling
Fledgling

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 pm

I have got problem with my Ventrue discipline Domination. I upgraded it on fourth level but it still acts like its on first level (it does not do things that are written in description). I can actually see Trance (1) on my screen when I use it. And another problem atleast I think its a problem is that I dont see any weapons in shops like Mercurio etc. I only see ammo and cloths.

Thank you for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Have you tried opening Dominate from Discipline menu? Default to hit K.

As for shops I have no idea.

What is your OS, Mod(s) you use, version thereof...?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Matii wrote:
I have got problem with my Ventrue discipline Domination. I upgraded it on fourth level but it still acts like its on first level (it does not do things that are written in description). I can actually see Trance (1) on my screen when I use it.
Have you ever read the readme file or the loading tips?
Quote :
And another problem atleast I think its a problem is that I dont see any weapons in shops like Mercurio etc. I only see ammo and cloths.

Where are you in the game? Which weapons do you already own? Have you asked Trip if he sells weapons?

geek 
Back to top Go down
Matii
Fledgling
Fledgling

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:34 am

Feral wrote:
Have you tried opening Dominate from Discipline menu? Default to hit K.

As for shops I have no idea.

What is your OS, Mod(s) you use, version thereof...?

Discipline menu worked so thank you for that I had no idea because I mostly scroll to choose discipline and for guns I have got W7 and the only mod I use is the newest version of CE Final.
Back to top Go down
Matii
Fledgling
Fledgling

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Matii wrote:
I have got problem with my Ventrue discipline Domination. I upgraded it on fourth level but it still acts like its on first level (it does not do things that are written in description). I can actually see Trance (1) on my screen when I use it.
Have you ever read the readme file or the loading tips?
Quote :
And another problem atleast I think its a problem is that I dont see any weapons in shops like Mercurio etc. I only see ammo and cloths.

Where are you in the game? Which weapons do you already own? Have you asked Trip if he sells weapons?

geek 

I am in Hollywood. I owe shotgun, colt, crossbow, uzi, glock and remington. I have asked him but He still sells ammo. Mercurio himself told me that He can get me weapons if I come by. But its the same He only sells ammo
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 pm

if they sell ammo, that means they sell the weapon you have. the game won't let you have two copies of the same weapon. If you need ammo for a weapon they don't have, sell them yours, buy it back and now that it is in their inventory, they will start selling ammo. If your looking for new weapons, advance the story.
Back to top Go down
Matii
Fledgling
Fledgling

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:13 pm

malak wrote:
if they sell ammo, that means they sell the weapon you have. the game won't let you have two copies of the same weapon. If you need ammo for a weapon they don't have, sell them yours, buy it back and now that it is in their inventory, they will start selling ammo. If your looking for new weapons, advance the story.

Thank you very much. This never happend to me before so I was confused about it. So once again thank you.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:13 pm

I don't know how CE is setup but in TFN, I added every ammo type to be sell able by every vendor just to avoid this problem. I know it's not realistic but it solved this problem.

As far as the advanced disciplines 3-5 not showing up on the mouse wheel, yeah that's an age old problem that can't be fixed. Gotta hot key it (default "K"). I put that as a game tip in the rotation during loading screens in TFN but I think it's getting missed because many people are still asking about it. I don't know where else to put it, to let people know to hotkey the advanced disciplines. Oh yeah, and I put it in the tutorial also.

I dunno...  scratch

Edit: I put it here in the TFN Bug Reporting also. https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1165-frequently-asked-question-please-read-before-posting-bug-reports

It's question #1

It's still getting missed though. Any ideas on how we can inform people on hotkeying the advanced disciplines? Loading tips, tutorial, and forum Bug Reports are obviously not enough.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Any ideas on how we can inform people on hotkeying the advanced disciplines? Loading tips, tutorial, and forum Bug Reports are obviously not enough.

All I could think of is high end Dominate... That could be a bit hard to implement, I know. Sad 

Seriously, it is a lost cause... RTFM T-shirts, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Any ideas on how we can inform people on hotkeying the advanced disciplines? Loading tips, tutorial, and forum Bug Reports are obviously not enough.

All I could think of is high end Dominate... That could be a bit hard to implement, I know. Sad 

Hm, maybe a huge grafitty "USE HOTKEYS FOR DISCIPLINES!!!" on the wall opposite of the door to the Santa Monica haven. Add it to the doomsayer's ramblings and to Rosa's dialog.

Or make it a tattoo on Jeannette's boobs. That's probably the only place in the whole game where every player will see it. lol! 

geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Hm, maybe a huge grafitty "USE HOTKEYS FOR DISCIPLINES!!!" on the wall opposite of the door to the Santa Monica haven. Add it to the doomsayer's ramblings and to Rosa's dialog.

Or make it a tattoo on Jeannette's boobs. That's probably the only place in the whole game where every player will see it. lol! 

geek 

Every male player, maybe... Laughing 

What with the girls, then?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

geek 

Every male player, maybe... Laughing 

What with the girls, then?
Hm, make a "Strauss as flasher" cutscene? Twisted Evil 

geek 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 7:08 am

It needs to be written on the charactersheet in the description of disciplines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Claudia wrote:
It needs to be written on the charactersheet in the description of disciplines Very Happy

So Innocent. As if anyone ever read the charactersheet.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 12:36 pm

We can replace the title of the game so instead of it saying "Vampire the Masquerade", it says "Use hotkeys for higher disciplines, default "K"".  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
We can replace the title of the game so instead of it saying "Vampire the Masquerade", it says "Use hotkeys for higher disciplines, default "K"".  lol! 

Nah, helluva people would, like, only see the logo and never read further...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:20 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Very good idea. Shows typical Brujah-subtlety. Cool 

geek 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Call Akeem's voice actor, tell him to record "USE HOTKEYS FOR HIGHER DISCIPLINES MOTHERFUCKER, DEFAULT IS K" and replay it for the first ten minutes of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:53 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Claudia wrote:

So Innocent. As if anyone ever read the charactersheet.

Wait, you mean I'm the only one who does that?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:03 pm

I read it too, you are not alone, Draggy!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm

You know what would be funnier than shit? You know the bum who first stops you and asks you for money when leaving your haven for the first time? Instead of asking for money, I could do my voice explaining to the character about using hotkeys for higher level disciplines, then after that he asks for money, but I would re-record my voice for that too.

I'm sure I could sound like a bum to re-record his lines.

Zer0: Hey lady! You got some change lady?
PC: Not for you!
Zer0: Rich bitch!

HAHAHA  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 6:09 pm

So we would be Intimidated into giving alms? Wonderful.
You starting some pyramid scheme with Kara? Suspect 

Give me a cut or else

*wags with anticipation*
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:15 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
You know what would be funnier than shit? You know the bum who first stops you and asks you for money when leaving your haven for the first time? Instead of asking for money, I could do my voice explaining to the character about using hotkeys for higher level disciplines, then after that he asks for money, but I would re-record my voice for that too.

I'm sure I could sound like a bum to re-record his lines.

Zer0: Hey lady! You got some change lady?
PC: Not for you!
Zer0: Rich bitch!

HAHAHA  lol! 

Domination problem 47-brilliant
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 2:25 pm

"Hey lady! You push hotkeys for disciplines lady?"
"Thank you kind sir for the valuable instruction on how to properly play the game." VS "No! I have yet to RTFM." VS "SHUT UP AND GIVE ME YOUR BLOOD!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Domination problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination problem   Domination problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Domination problem
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next