Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thaumaturgy for power gamers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Thaumaturgy for power gamers Empty
PostSubject: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 pm

What's the best way to utilize Paths in combat?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 6:11 pm

In PnP?

Theft of Vitae is a must. It provides vitae for all the rest Disciplines, at the same time denying it's use to your opponents.

Prison of Ice from Redemption was awesome, but that is unfortunately a Ritual...

Whole Lure of Flames is your friend, as is Path of Levinbolt. Burning/electrocuting things is fun... Twisted Evil 

Sielanic Taumathurgy has some Paths that let you use the environment for both defense and offense...

I would have to read list of Paths to respond in depth, but it is too late...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

If your ST lets you get away with using Path of Conjuration exactly as it's written in the book and doesn't apply any sensible additional limitations, you can destroy Earth with only 2 dots. Conjure an anti-matter neutron star the size of yourself and watch it blow up with the power of 1000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 nukes as it anihillates itself with the Earth's matter. Sure, you won't sruvive, but neither will anyone else. Good for blackmail or getting back at assholes who are about to kill you.

Even if sensible limitations are applied, you can still get rich by conjuring gold statues of yourself and melting them down. Or if you want to be smarter about it, conjure drugs. Like cheap street level stuff that will be hard to track down back to you.

Movement of the Mind allows you to fly at 3 dots.

Path of Mars 3 (Wind Dance) is a great counter against both Celerity users and being outnumbered. Works best if you have Celerity yourself. Go for a total defense, dodge all attacks at full dicepool and then use Celerity to make your attacks.

Wind Dance works well in combination with Blood Potency (Path of Blood 3). Lowered generation allows you to buff your DEX faster. Or if your base generation is already low, it might increase your generation maximum for attributes, giving you a better Dodge.

Blood Potency also works very well with Dominate.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:27 pm

While I appreciate your approach, sir, I'd like for something of Earth to remain to be ruled over.

Sielanic Roots of Power look nice, but the stupid little Path of Blood seems to be the winner (besides direct damage of Flames and Levinbolt). I was disappointed to see Focused Mind only works for Wits related rolls. Wind Dance is good for defence, but best defence is good offence...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
While I appreciate your approach, sir, I'd like for something of Earth to remain to be ruled over.

A nuke is worth having even if you don't plan to use it. People just need to be affraid that you might do it, if they give you a reason.

And even if you can't use it to blow up the world, Conjuration is still worth having for all the other wonderful things you can do with it.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Dragatus wrote:

And even if you can't use it to blow up the world, Conjuration is still worth having for all the other wonderful things you can do with it.

Conjure Justin Bieber  Laughing 
Or threaten to... That would give any Toreador a pause.

I wonder what would a Fiend do with the little Canadian...?  scratch 

But anyway, after much consideration I think Path of Blood wins in our little competition. Not by the potential to do damage, mind you. For the sheer possibility to negate yours opponent's potential to do damage to you.

What is a the worth of a set of Disciplines at, say, 7 dots each when you have no Vitae to power them?
(Unless you are a Koldun and need no Vitae... Poor Usurpers  Twisted Evil )

EDIT: An idea struck me: what about Weather Control? Call a nice sunny day... Twisted Evil 
In the middle of English winter that would have caught many a Cainite off guard. Or conjure bad weather when your enemies are in transit, so sunup catches up with them. Thiss adds full ability to deny your involvement. The Prince died in a tragic accident, no? Or a Harpy, aPrimogen, an Archon... Discretion is the better part of valor.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Well, if an enemy has to spend blood to raise strength, it is better to watch from afar.

Now I have this image in my head of a Serpent lighting up a cigar to conjure a ton block of marble above his adversary's head...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thaumaturgy for power gamers   Thaumaturgy for power gamers Empty

Back to top Go down

Thaumaturgy for power gamers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: Bloodlines and the p&p Game-
Jump to: