Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Functional Cops

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

More Functional Cops Empty
PostSubject: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 5:54 pm

I haven't seen this idea and it came to mind when thinking of Skyrim, but I was thinking. Can the cops be made more functional in the game?

For example, when you a one of the thugs and the red coated guys fighting in the Downtown area, the police should appear to try to break it up or go on a stand off?

Another I can give is if hunters are going after you. You can go out in the open as they're attacking you, and the police will take them out. I think that, for the sake of lore and such, it should only happen with low ranked hunters. Imagine it like the vampire society. They leave the inexperienced ones to their own devices and don't know them if they get caught. When it comes to the high ranked or more experienced hunters, they can't afford to go to jail or get caught, and as such they pay off the police beforehand or something?

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:33 pm

I think it is a great idea.

I was doing exactly that in Assassins Creed Revelations: lure Templars onto Janissaries or vice versa, then sit back and enjoy the show. Proceed to loot the bodies. *mad cackling somewhere in the background*

I could see it in VtMB with ease. Imagine a scene:
PC: "Oh, Officer, these nutjobs tried to kill me with a stake! Help!"
Poor duped cop (PDC): "Yeah right... *notices Hunters* And you drop the guns and get your hands behind your backs! Now!"
Hunter(s): "But this is a Vampire! He is dead, sucks blood and..."
PDC: *either shoots or calls an ambulance for mental patients, depending on their aggression level*
PC: *walks away after profound thanks to brave police officers and maybe judicious looting*

I would give much to see this. Immersion in the game would benefit for sure. Coding this would be a bitch from Hell, I am afraid, though.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Yea, the idea is good. But if I can implement it...?

geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yea, the idea is good. But if I can implement it...?

geek 

That is the question  scratch 
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am

I refuse to believe it can't be done. the question is does Childe have the patience or the time to figure out how and implement it, without bugging the game to Gehenna.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Functional Cops   More Functional Cops Empty

Back to top Go down

More Functional Cops
Page 1 of 1