Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huners and Masquerade

Go down 
+4
Feral
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
Garlik
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Garlik
Neonate
Neonate

Huners and Masquerade Empty
PostSubject: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:20 pm

First of all, thanks for great mod^^.

Now... I've made a fresh install the other day and installed CE Final Version right away.

Anyway... you've upped the number of hunters, which wasn't a bad idea, but in the vanilla game there's this stupid rule where if you Stealth Kill a hunter, without engaging them in combat first, you lose Humanity. If they were aware of you and you stealth kill them it doesn't make you lose humanity, if you feed off of them (it doesn't matter if they were aware of you or not) and you kill them that way it doesn't make you lose Humanity either, so ONLY Stealth Kill and ONLY if a hunter is 100% oblivious of your existence. (this is true for both hunters on the street and in Skyline Apartments).
If they engage you in battle and then you do a stealth kill on them, you don't lose Humanity, which is stupid, you should either always lose it when you kill them, or never lose it, and just that it's situational thingy is stupid IMO.
Now it's not really a bug from CE, but it's something I thought I'd mention, since you did fix some other things in the game.

Now 2nd thing, I'm not sure if that was also the thing in original game, but... since I'm playing Nosferatu (named Garlik), and I hate wasting time through sewers, I did manage to get my Masquerade level to 3, however now when I fight hunters on the streets, Masquerade level gets raised before I can kill them all (at this point they appear in batch of 3, and they appeared in the alleyway leading to first heaven, and I couldn't pass around them or through them even with Obfuscate level 5), so I had to bait them out of the alleyway. The thing is I fight them head on (which I'm forcing this playthrough where I'm using Katana (and Celerity) and fight melee with everyone), also unlike gunshots, melee doesn't attract police too (unless they see you), if I actually don't fight them and just run around while they're following me, no violation happens. So I'm pretty sure that violation is actually connected only to the way Nosferatu looks.
Now I'm not sure if it's the problem that was introduced with your mod, since it's the first time I'm playing a Nosferatu, but since you've upped the number of hunters and changed spawning points, you've made it a problem, also it's a thingy that you might consider fixing if you release a next version of Final Nights (since CE is already Final), assuming it's fixable (I'm assuming that same thing would/will happen with Samedi).
And well... it's also a thing that makes no logic at all anyway, if they'll attack me straight on, they already know I'm a vampire, and any violation of Masquerade in front of them shouldn't stick, especially if I kill them all (since then they couldn't spread the word of discovered vampire) and if it happens when noone is around... Also... I've been careful about not using ANY Discplines and just fight them melee (without boosts, feeding and/or Blood Heal) but it still happens when I fight them face to face...
And I'm fighting them in an alley where noone else is around, so it's only 3 of them and me, and it shouldn't violate Masquerade, and since I'm not using Disciplines or feed off of them anyway, it shouldn't be anything other than Criminal Violation even if I fought them out in the open (since Nosferatu and Masquerade violation only works when you're extremely close to someone and for few seconds in their close proximity).

As I said I'm not sure if it's the same thing with Masquerade with non-modded version of the game, or if problem arose with TCI changing things about hunters, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 pm

Garlik wrote:
Anyway... you've upped the number of hunters, which wasn't a bad idea, but in the vanilla game there's this stupid rule where if you Stealth Kill a hunter, without engaging them in combat first, you lose Humanity. If they were aware of you and you stealth kill them it doesn't make you lose humanity, if you feed off of them (it doesn't matter if they were aware of you or not) and you kill them that way it doesn't make you lose Humanity either, so ONLY Stealth Kill and ONLY if a hunter is 100% oblivious of your existence. (this is true for both hunters on the street and in Skyline Apartments).
If they engage you in battle and then you do a stealth kill on them, you don't lose Humanity, which is stupid, you should either always lose it when you kill them, or never lose it, and just that it's situational thingy is stupid IMO.
Now it's not really a bug from CE, but it's something I thought I'd mention, since you did fix some other things in the game.

I was unaware that when you stealth kill a hunter, you lose humanity. I need to test this in TFN to make sure this isn't the case because that's stupid.

Unfortunately I can't comment on the Nosferatu issue because I haven't played or modded CE in years. I do know that if you were playing as a Samedi and you revealed yourself to anyone besides hunters, you would in the least, get the police called and possibly even another masquerade violation.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I have never experienced humaity loss for killing hunters. And I have stealth killed my share of them.
And for your problems as a Nosferatu, I have never played one, not even for testing. And I never will.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I have never experienced humaity loss for killing hunters. And I have stealth killed my share of them.
And for your problems as a Nosferatu, I have never played one, not even for testing. And I never will.

Why won't you ever play as a Nossie? You have something against them? Are you racist against ugly vampires?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Why won't you ever play as a Nossie? You have something against them? Are you racist against ugly vampires?

This is a serious case of discrimination... Do you hate furries too? lol!

But, seriously, why not to play as a Nossie?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 6:20 pm

I've tried it once. I got halfway through the Santa Monica sewers before I gave up.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Huners and Masquerade Im-a-quitter
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:03 am

*nearly dies of laughter*
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 am

Dragatus wrote:
*nearly dies of laughter*

I'm glad it made someone laugh, I was ballin' when I posted this. lol!
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:43 am

I will fully admit to having found it amusing, as well.

I have fully finished a Nosferatu playthrough before, although it was with the UP. Perhaps more than once, but most memorable was playing a female, and I went for the Camarilla ending. Now that I think about it, why not do it again? Nightmare Fuel models, or not, I really don't care.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:47 pm

I played as a Samedi on TFN 1.2 and made it to the very end but never finished it. It was a really hard game with the new Samedi detection system. I had like 3 masquerade violations and there were freakin hunters everywhere. It was really fun though, because it was so hard. I got my Inspection to level 10 and picked up the free armors in each hud and the occult items, along with the countless weapons and items. I never used the sewers when I played as Nosferatu but as a Samedi it was basically mandatory, until I got Obfuscate 4.

This post was completely off topic, I know, and I'm sorry for that.... no I'm not. clown
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 3:05 am

Nightmare fuel? *shrugs* I don't know. I find the Nossie girls in Bloodlines kind of cute in a weird way.

But that might be because I can't smell them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:27 am

Dragatus wrote:
Nightmare fuel? *shrugs* I don't know. I find the Nossie girls in Bloodlines kind of cute in a weird way.

v

I think the cutest model is Ventrue male. Sort of like Jackson from Teen Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:32 am

Dragatus wrote:

I could swear I saw a mock playboy cover with a female Nosferatu once, likely the same as the one in the game. Either way, editing the Nos female textures is...odd. Two clans get skimpy outfits, one is just crazy(and I like it that way!) and the other, which goes a bit further(without the jiggle), is ugly. Well, at least the figure isn't that bad.

If it was worse...well, I'd be the one wearing the bag. And no, standing in the Tea chest and singing won't help.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Feral wrote:

Huners and Masquerade Stop-it-thats-so-gay1

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

Huners and Masquerade Stop-it-thats-so-gay1

lol! lol! lol!
Of course it is...

*Stands on hind paws, hugs Zer0 with the front ones and starts lick'n'whine session with double wagging*

What,you don't like boys with a bit of fur? Shocked
Awww... Wait. Jackson was a Kanima, so he was turning into a homicidal lizard with all-consuming cravings for a Master... I mixed up, then.

Replace Jackson with Alpha Twins in the original post, and all will be well.

@Maxus: Ugly? Imagine a Nossie girl with the body weight of an average American...
Nossie model looks in fact better than some real people I have seen... Most of them German, Dutch and British...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am

Feral wrote:

Oh well in that case, that wasn't gay AT ALL then!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:15 am

Feral wrote:
Imagine a Nossie girl with the body weight of an average American...

That's just cruel.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:57 am

Feral wrote:
@Maxus: Ugly? Imagine a Nossie girl with the body weight of an average American...
In that case the Nossie part would add only slightly to the horror, if at all...
Feral wrote:
Nossie model looks in fact better than some real people I have seen... Most of them German, Dutch and British...
Well, you haven't seen me then. cheers But I agree, some people make the Nossie really goodlooking in comparison.

And Maxus, don't worry about needing the sack. You won't see anything due to the tears streaming out of your eyes, caused by the oveloaded sinuses... lol!
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:16 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

And Maxus, don't worry about needing the sack. You won't see anything due to the tears streaming out of your eyes, caused by the oveloaded sinuses... lol!

I would tend to try and ignore the smell, if the sight and mind behind it are agreeable. That, or perhaps hope to deal with someone who does not make light of my olfactory senses like a litterbox too close to a formal dining room.

Or anywhere, really. Especially next to a dog kennel. No, I am not going to say it properly. I know what the result is.

Stop nudging me.

Hold it.

REALLY? Fine, fine. Fair...sorry.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:

That's just cruel.

Do you know how hard it is for me to find a single and thin woman in America?!?! OMG, the girls in this country are SOOOO fat now, and I like tall skinny girls. Which country should I move too in Europe to find this? Netherlands perhaps? scratch
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:49 pm

I hear Australia is nice this time of year.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

Oh well in that case, that wasn't gay AT ALL then!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Are they not cute?
Huners and Masquerade Latest?cb=20130705195102

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Stop nudging me.

Hold it.

REALLY? Fine, fine. Fair...sorry.

*rolls over for a belly rub*

Zer0Morph wrote:
Do you know how hard it is for me to find a single and thin woman in America?!?! OMG, the girls in this country are SOOOO fat now, and I like tall skinny girls. Which country should I move too in Europe to find this? Netherlands perhaps? scratch

Poland or Finland are your next holiday stop, then...
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dragatus wrote:
Feral wrote:

That's just cruel.

The Dutch are said to be tall.
I myself miss this particular gene though....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huners and Masquerade   Huners and Masquerade Empty

Back to top Go down

Huners and Masquerade
Page 1 of 1