Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becket Glitch

Go down 
+3
ArchonJonus
Zer0Morph
ChazKafka
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

Becket Glitch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:23 am

argh i have issues of ADD, of lack of persistence and discipline.
i am so close to ending the game,
but i am getting sick of it

wanting to start over

i am playing a ventrue on CE 1.2,

i am itching to restart with a malkavian on CE 1.3,

maybe this is the pretext i was longing for.

in a sense it is frustrating,
not ending the game,
in a sense it's bad,
giving in to my inability to end something i started
in another sense the perfect pretext to indulge in restarting again, an upgraded version, my favorite clan.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 am

Well, while I do not have the game crash, even while still surpassing minimum requirements by quite a bit, the game gets very glitchy and laggy for me. I can have no other programs running, have 70+ percent of my RAM available, my CPU hardly being used up, and my laptop cooled - but still, it glitches and lags. Since I can often play Oblivion with somewhat better frame rates (with the exception of in places with lots and lots of trees or a big crowd of people), I think it's more the game than my computer. I think that, when I get back to that spot - if I have the glitch happen yet again, I may have to try the sewer route just to see if it's just your computer/hardware, or if it's probably the game. That's no good way to troubleshoot, though.

And - I'm not at all one of the experts. Just a fan and player. Half of the minimum requirements still can badly damage the quality and stability of the game. I tried to play a Call of Duty game on my laptop, once, and I didn't quite have the minimum requirements. It wouldn't display the picture, even though the audio and action continued. Once I started pressing buttons, it simply crashed. That may be the case with your computer/VtM:B - simply by trying to load up a new map, you're computer can't process it correctly, and so it crashes. I'm not too sure if simply avoiding Becket would do that. The game can be nitpicky, though.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 am

i hit a wall

a walkthrough mentioned this glitch, suggested i go from ventrue tower to last round through the sewers to avoid the encounter
i did that
i had above mentioned problems
but eventually i managed.
it turned out i also had to go through the sewers from last round to the taxi

and then i hit the wall
i tried three times to go to the griffith park by taxi, and the game crashed in the middle of loading

i went looking for the sewer access, i couldn't find it, there was a door that might be it but it was...
some doors are environmental features
this door did had the loked use icon, but when i pressed the use key nothing hapened
i have come accross such doors before.

i am stuck
i seem unable to end the game.

despite being so near to ending, this latest setback increases in me the urge to chuck the whole thing and download CE 1.3. and start all over in my favorite clan, malkavian
on the other hand, sometimes i can become obssessively stubbornly determined to carry a thing to the end, despite all obstacles

can anyone provide me with a console cheat code to load griffith park without using the taxi?

in an walkthrough someone pointed out a similar glitch, catching the boat out of Leopold the game crashed, so someone created a game console cheat to circunvent that

i am at the end of...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 am

er i really need to know if i should give up this game for lost,
and finaly indulge the urge to download CE 1.3 and play a Malkavian,
hoping i won't stumble into this issue then,
or if there might be a way around it,
so that i can stick to my guns and carry this one to the bitter end,
seeing as i am now so close to it...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:53 am

i reread this whole thread.

the method to ensure this game is vanilla... i am not enough computer savy to know how to do that.

i installed the game years ago from a cd.
i then uninstaled it though the game, not windows, i introduced the cd and in the pop menu i clicked unistall, then i think i also did the windows method, the add/remove, then i went so far as manualy deleting files left in surviving folders to ensure i had expunged the game - to the best of my knowledge.

this time around, i tried to install the game from the cd again, but the cd was scratched.
again, to the best of my knowledge i tried to expunge any vestige of the game.

then i had to go to an online store and buy a fresh copy of the game.
my internet connection is iffy, i did run into a few issues in the instalation of the downloaded copy.

but.

to the best of my knowledge, my game was vanilla when i overlaid the CE 1.2. upon it

and when i had last played it, from the cd, i had managed to end the game
so it was not a left over issue.

i am at the end of my wits, torn between an obsesional stuborn determination to end the game and a craving urge to once again abandon a project before its completion and start over in an improved fashion, CE 1.3 and Malkavian

i need something as a tie breaker
either a solution that enables me to continue
or an acknowledgement that it is hopeles and i had better start over.

but, sorry to be insistent on this, i need either one of them bad.

blame it on the malkavian in me.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Unless you're REALLY into your current character, I'd ditch the bitch and make the switch... lol

...to CE 1.3 that is, it's more or less the same as CE 1.2 except Childe put in a bunch a cool new features, and the email college which you're NOT forced to use, but is there if you want to.

I think some minor fixes were done in the upgrade too which is nice.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:28 pm

as i mentioned above, i am playing a Tremere.
i have cobbled together a lot of nifty combat tricks, combining Dominate and Thaumaturgical with Melee and Ranged combat.
I was keen on applying all those tricks on the combat heavy quests Ming Must Die and LaCroix must die.
i spent the game perfecting these tricks, in these quests i would put them to the test.

But as gaming experience nothing beats the Malkavians.
They are really the best clan for my gamestyle.
most quests ask for either social or stealthy or combat solutions, and Malkavian Disciplines allow ALL those solutions: Dementate for unique social solutions, Obfuscate for umparaled stealthy approaches, and i am sure i can cobble up tricks combining Dementate with Melee and / or Ranged attacks (Tremere in this regard, and only this, combat, is superior because he can use both Dominate and Thaumaturgical, and Dominate is also useful is social solutions. but he falls apart on stealth.)
and Auspex helps in two regards that i find useful, boosts to investigation and hacking.

i remain somewhat torn.
between the desire of applying combat tricks in upcoming combat quests with my current Tremere character
or starting all over with my favorite gaming experience throughout, the Malkavian.
Argh to have come this close...
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Beckett glitch - ChazKefka's problem   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:54 pm

In response to ChazKafka's Beckett glitch (this may be a couple of months old, but I didn't see a fix posted):

I had the exact same problem on my old computer. Here's the deal... At some points in the game, I activate the console function. I.E. i right-click on the Bloodlines desktop icon, click 'Properties', and add -console at the end of the Target line (with a space in front). This allows you to use the console to add items, etc. I use this mostly in places like the Traffik quest... instead of going back into the parking garage to pick up every single weapon and sell them to Larry (a loooong process), I just count how many weapons are laying around, and then go to Larry afterwards and add them to my inventory, and sell them. Much quicker. (Okay, so I'm both lazy and greedy... sue me. The game doesn't give you the option of bagging them all up and lugging them out in one trip.)

Here's the point: On my old computer, if I had that console enabled (not activated, just enabled) when I was heading for the Last Round, it would freeze up exactly as you said-- right when Beckett says, "Wait!" I couldn't do anything except quit and restart the game. I discovered that if I deleted that '-console' from the Icon (Properties, Target, etc.) just after the Society of Leopold, and then restart with my saved game, when I got to the part where I was heading to the Last Round, everything would work normally... Beckett gives you his warning, and then you're free to go on your merry way.

I've gone through two computers since then, and I don't know if the glitch happens with them or not... because I always make sure to remove the -console right after rescuing Johansen, and keep it off until I'm past Beckett's warning. I've never had that glitch happen since I've started doing this. It might just be my old Sony Vaio, but if others have had the same problem, maybe not.

If you didn't have the console enabled... well, I don't know what to tell you. I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 am

PGM1961, and all others watching,

I looked at how my shortcut file is currently configured. No -console (though, I have used it from time to time, and so wasn't sure if I happened to have it applied during the glitch.) I did some digging, found the problem save file, reran the game... and no change. The glitch still occurred. I've been playing off and on with a new character with... almost the exact opposite build of my normal character (normal being a Tremere who almost never gets its hands dirty, using Thaumaturgy.) This new one's fun, and some day I'm sure I'll build up back to that point where the Becket glitch is. If it doesn't occur - great! If it does - crap!

Also, I have CE 1.3, now, too. Glitch still occurs in no different manner whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 am

Sorry. Don't really know why the console made a difference in my case. I remember disabling the console, and then going back to my previous saved games, until I found one that didn't glitch.

Maybe it's karma. Did you kick kittens in a previous life? (Or this one?)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:14 am

Hey: No puppy murderers on this forum Exclamation

Luckily I never had any issues with the Beckett glitch. No matter if I had the console in the command line or not.

But as CE 1.4 is updated to UP 7.0, it will contain the fix developed by Burgermeister01.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:42 am

The UP 7.0 fixes the Becket glitch? Nice. I hadn't known anyone came up with a fix for it, yet. Of course, I've been sort of 'out of the loop' since soon after posting this thread.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 5:47 am

Burgermeister, the author of Clan Quest came up with a fix. I think, it's in the UPs since 6.9

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 am

Well, this is just terrible. I have CE 1.4 plus the update to 1.4, and the Becket Glitch IS STILL THERE. This is two characters down the road (my last Nosferatu had the problem with the Giovanni Mansion not popping up on the map with the first version of 1.4, and now my new Nosferatu, using the second version of 1.4, has the Becket Glitch. So, assuming it would've effected the last character IF he could've gotten passed the Giovanni Mansion and so on, then that would be four characters in a row which got it. I have no idea what is wrong. I have ALL of my saves, for once, that haven't been automatically deleted by the folder being too full.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:07 pm

PGM reported in the TFN bug section that he was never approached by Beckett in the street and wanted to know if it was a glitch or not. I never took that out of TFN but I was thinking about doing it because of all of the problems it's created for so many people. The conversation you have with Beckett isn't that important and really doesn't serve a purpose for driving the story enough to warrant all of the problems people have had because of it.

I'm proposing on just taking it out of the game (for TFN) permanently so we never have to see frustrated fans again.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 pm

When I played it for one of my first times on my old laptop, the Becket Glitch didn't happen to me. I liked the encounter when it worked, however, with all of this grief it causes (especially toward the end!) I agree that it might be best to take it out entirely.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
PGM reported in the TFN bug section that he was never approached by Beckett in the street and wanted to know if it was a glitch or not. I never took that out of TFN but I was thinking about doing it because of all of the problems it's created for so many people. The conversation you have with Beckett isn't that important and really doesn't serve a purpose for driving the story enough to warrant all of the problems people have had because of it.

I'm proposing on just taking it out of the game (for TFN) permanently so we never have to see frustrated fans again.

That's exactly what I thought you had done, when it happened. It wasn't the standard Beckett Glitch (which hasn't happened to me since two computers ago). That one locks you up, and you have to restart. In TFN this last time, he just wasn't there. I thought you took it out, because of the trouble people have had in the past.

When I reach that point with the next character, I'll let you know if it left him out again.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm glad you guys agree. I don't know how it didn't show up for you PGM, that's strange because I didn't touch it. I'll play around and see if I can find the script that executes it and smash it once and for all.

Edit: Ok I found it, here's the culprit.

#DOWNTOWN: set Beckett on the way to the Last Round
def SetBeckettTalk():
if G.Story_State == 85:
trig = Find("trig_beckett_talk")
if trig: trig.ScriptUnhide()

I'm going to remove it once and for good, to never be seen again. Good bye Beckett Glitch!!
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Sounds good! I have encountered only ONE glitch that I've found more annoying... but it was a long time ago, on my old laptop, and that laptop had some quality issues due to its lower capabilities. I would fall down from the shaft at Ventrue Tower, just about to completely finish the game, and every time I fell down that shaft, it crashed. I was literally at the end of the game - the very last bits... and it would crash.

However... lately, it has been Becket who has prevented me from even getting that far, repeatedly, for the past several play-throughs.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:15 am

zer0morph, can't you put Beckett INSIDE Last Round, just for that one encounter? hanging out with jack?
i mean Beckett also shows up at the Ventrue Tower Penthouse where he had not been before...
you could still exchange with him that bit of dialogue, only not make it conditional on running into him on the way...

p.s. i know what i am about to say next has been covered in its own topic, but there has been mention of other bugs in this thread and i want to point this one out:
exiting Society of Leopold has also caused grief.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:36 am

Velvet wrote:
zer0morph, can't you put Beckett INSIDE Last Round, just for that one encounter? hanging out with jack?
i mean Beckett also shows up at the Ventrue Tower Penthouse where he had not been before...
you could still exchange with him that bit of dialogue, only not make it conditional on running into him on the way...

Rereading that, I can see that working out better. Also, with him suddenly being in the Last Round, I'd assume people would tend to walk on over and chat with him, anyway.

Last edited by ChazKafka on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:16 am

Velvet wrote:

p.s. i know what i am about to say next has been covered in its own topic, but there has been mention of other bugs in this thread and i want to point this one out:
exiting Society of Leopold has also caused grief.

That's a wonderful idea! I must admit I would miss this part. The skeptical scientist getting to belive that there is more that meets the eye, that was really moving
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becket Glitch   Becket Glitch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Becket Glitch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to: