Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character creation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Character creation   Character creation EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:59 am

What do you think of this idea for character creation?
In the creation screen:
-attributes: 1/1/0 (all starting with 1 dot)
-abilities: 2/2/1 (starting with 0)
-disciplines: 2 (starting at 0)
-humanity starts at 4, can't be raised at this point (Toreador at 5?)
-history gives +1 in 2 feats or +2 in one

Then watch (or skip) the intro

At the beginning of the tutorial a creation dialog for 15 free points. Cost:
-attributes 4 (8 for 3rd dot)
-abilities 3 (6 for 3rd dot, allow even a 4th?)
-clan disciplines 5 (10 for 3rd dot)
-new discipline (only one) 7
-humanity 1
-starting money (0 - 500$) 1 per 100$

There is one problem with this. I'd have to make City Gangrel a clan, or predefine the bonus feats for the City Gangrel history.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:44 am

I am happy with this. Well thought out.

I think Disciplines starting at 0 are great idea.
Torries with Humanity 5 work for me. Sabbat ones should start at 3 then, but that is a different story... Twisted Evil

I would not allow 4th dots in creation. Too much temptation for minmaxers as me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:38 am

Feral wrote:
I am happy with this. Well thought out.

I think Disciplines starting at 0 are great idea.
Torries with Humanity 5 work for me. Sabbat ones should start at 3 then, but that is a different story... Twisted Evil
Well, since the bloodlines character isn't aligned with a faction when s/he is sired, such a distinction is not necessary. But on a principal basis you are probably right.

Quote :
I would not allow 4th dots in creation. Too much temptation for minmaxers as me.
The temptation would be dampened somewhat by the fact that a 4th dot would cost 9 creation points. So raising one ability to four would cost all 15 free points and leave you with only two points in disciplines, humanity 4, and no starting money...

But I think you're right, and I probably won't allow a 3rd dot in disciplines either.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:38 am

No 4th dot in general and no 3rd dot for disciplines are good ideas.

I don't mind having the bonus feats for a City Gangrel predefined. I'd rather do that than have a new clan. Stealth & Dodge perhaps? Those would go hand in hand with the substitute disciplines.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:18 pm

Dragatus wrote:
No 4th dot in general and no 3rd dot for disciplines are good ideas.

I don't mind having the bonus feats for a City Gangrel predefined. I'd rather do that than have a new clan. Stealth & Dodge perhaps? Those would go hand in hand with the substitute disciplines.
Dodge ok. But why would I learn stealth when I have Obfuscate?
My first thought was the intrusion related feats: lockpicking and perhaps hacking. But now you mention it, I think dodge is better.

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 1:09 pm

I know Obfuscate makes Stealth irrelevant, but they fit together thematically.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 am

Thinking about it, I like that. 12 freebies allow you to get even with the original creation system if I can count correctly, so, approved Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:16 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Thinking about it, I like that. 12 freebies allow you to get even with the original creation system if I can count correctly, so, approved Smile
Seems like you can't count. Twisted Evil
2 discipline points (10) + ability (3) + attribute (4) + humanity (2) + 100$ starting money (1) = 20
But on the other hand, there is a bonus from the histories, and freebies can be distributed as you like, even for a new discipline, and you don't have to spend points for a clan discipline you don't want to use...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:24 am

-attributes: 1/1/0 - 4 freebies required to get to the original amount
-abilities: 2/2/1 - 3 freebies
-disciplines: 2  - 5 freebies
-------------------------------
12 freebies to get to the vanilla amount of dots.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:18 am

-attributes: 1/1/0 - 4 freebies required to get to the original amount right
-abilities: 2/2/1 - 3 freebies right
-disciplines: 2  - 5 freebies vanilla gives 4 discipline dots, so 10 freebies
-humanity: vanilla starts with 7, CE and TFN with 6, uLA with 4: 2 or 3 freebies
-starting money: 1 freeby to get the usual 100$
-------------------------------
12 20 or 21
freebies to get to the vanilla amount of dots.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 am

Oops.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:40 pm

I know, I'm horrible. I change my mind more frequently than some people change their underwear...

Currently I'm trying this method:
-select your clan, gender, and history (only stat swappers, except for Malks, see below).
-select your attributes (2/1/0) and abilities (3/2/1), but not the disciplines.

watch or skip the intro

creation dialog, 31 choices, -4 if you set an attribute to 3 dots in the creation screen, (another) -3 if you set an ability to 3. (that's what you need for vanilla stats)
-humanity: cost 1, up to 10
-starting money 0-500$, cost 1 per 100$
-attributes: cost 4 up to 2, primary attributes up to 3 for 8 points
-abilities: cost 3up to 2, primary abilities up to 3 for 6 points
-clan disciplines: cost 5 up to 2
-learn 1 new discipline, cost 7, 1 dot only

Difference for Malkavians:
If you don't select a history, your ability choices are reduced to 2 knowledges, 1 skill, 1 talent.
Selecting a history restores the ability choices, but gives a weakness according to your kind of madness.

Any ideas for madness effects?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 pm

So basically you and Jack are deciding your stats and stuff, through his dialogue option at the beginning?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I know, I'm horrible. I change my mind more frequently than some people change their underwear...

As a Malkavian, it's your job description.

Zer0Morph wrote:
So basically you and Jack are deciding your stats and stuff, through his dialogue option at the beginning?

The creation dialogue starts before Jack atm, right after the fade-in.

@Malk: Seems like a good idea to go for 3 dot at the beginning; it's cheaper. That an intention?
Madness effects... How much can you affect the feeding process? I'd definitely do something blood related, like only feed from men/women, or chance of frenzy during feeding,... Scared of guns (can't use + frenzy chance when under fire)... I like to frenzy Smile
I think it was discussed, sumthin' about the Great Prank, to have Dominate instead of Dementation, with or without the typical madness-text in dialogues.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

As a Malkavian, it's your job description.
If you say so...

Jad.3 wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

The creation dialogue starts before Jack atm, right after the fade-in.
Right, Jack isn't involved. He is a scheming bastard, but he has to keep his manipulating fingers out of my character creation!

Jad.3 wrote:
@Malk: Seems like a good idea to go for 3 dot at the beginning; it's cheaper. That an intention?
It's not cheaper. If you take the 3rd dot you get less free points.

Quote :
Madness effects... How much can you affect the feeding process? I'd definitely do something blood related, like only feed from men/women, or chance of frenzy during feeding,... Scared of guns (can't use + frenzy chance when under fire)... I like to frenzy Smile
I think it was discussed, sumthin' about the Great Prank, to have Dominate instead of Dementation, with or without the typical madness-text in dialogues.
Yea, feeding and frenzy. Doing things there were my first thoughts, too.

For dominate, that's possible, but getting rid of the special dialog for only one history is more effort than it's worth. So here the penalty would be:Instead of dementation, you can use dominte, but not in dialog.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
31 choices, -4 if you set an attribute to 3 dots in the creation screen, (another) -3 if you set an ability to 3.
...primary attributes up to 3 for 8 points
...primary abilities up to 3 for 6 points

What do I miss?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:10 am

You get 31 free points if you don't set any attribute or ability to 3 dots in the creation screen.
If you set an ability to 3, you only get 28 free points, if you set an attribute to 3, you get 27 free points, and if you set both, an attribute and an ability to 3 dots, you ohnly get 24 free points.

And in the creation dialog, you can set attributes and abilities to 3, but only the primary ones for your clan/history.

The calculation is quiote simple:

15 points: in Vanilla, all disciplines start with 1 dot
+ 5 points: one discipline choice in vanilla
+ 1 point : 100$ starting money in vanilla
+ 3 points: humanity
+ 3 points if you don't set an ability to 3 in the creation screen
+ 4 points if you don't set an attribute to 3 in the screen
---
31 points

This means you can create a character who looks exactly like one you created in vanilla, but you have more choices.
And I strongly advise to buy at least 2 or 3 points in humanity at the start, because with the new system, humanity loss is faster than regain, and buying with xp is really expensive.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Looks alright to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character creation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character creation   Character creation Empty

Back to top Go down

Character creation
Page 1 of 1