Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mask of a Thousand Faces

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Mask of a Thousand Faces Empty
PostSubject: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:52 am

Not sure how useful this'd be; but I randomly had a thought of "what if at Obfuscate 3 you can bypass Masquerade violations based on sight (Nossies) and call off Police Hunts via the usage of this power, as well as prevent for example the Surfside Diner lady from getting a heart attack if you're a Nossie thus allowing blackmail".
What sayest thou, Malkav and co.?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:59 am

Yea, I've thought about Mask of a Thousand Feces too. Not sure though how it can work. For the violations, it should be possible to make the map Nosferatu Tolerant when Obfuscate 3 is active. Problem is, dialogs end disciplines. And Obfuscate is a passive discipline, so you can't select the level.
Good idea, but for now, I don't want to mess with disciplines.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Malkav wrote:
Yea, I've thought about Mask of a Thousand Feces too

Mask of a thousand feces? That's just gross, eeeewww. Razz

Mask of a Thousand Faces 36buvg

I've thought many times about doing that. It may be possible to turn Obfuscate into a targeted discipline that only affects the player. I created several targeted disciplines that only affect the player but I haven't turned a passive into a targeted.

What I thought would be cool is if you changed models from the PC model to a cop or pedestrian when you activate the discipline, like in the same way you change into the warform for Protean.

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Indeed. Would it be possible to have the Obfuscate give you more dialogue option that allows you to use it like you would use Dominate or Presence?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:39 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Indeed. Would it be possible to have the Obfuscate give you more dialogue option that allows you to use it like you would use Dominate or Presence?
I can make dialog options with every discipline. But I don't see how that applies to obfuscate.
Either you have mask of a thousand faces active, then the Nosferatu uses the normal dialog, or you don't.
Unless of course you create a starting condition that allows the Nossie to invoke the discipline when the dialog starts. But I'd consider a facechange while talking to someone at least level 3 supernatural, with the according reactions.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Unless of course you create a starting condition that allows the Nossie to invoke the discipline when the dialog starts. But I'd consider a facechange while talking to someone at least level 3 supernatural, with the according reactions.

That's the idea I had in mind, with the context being you having changed beforehand which bypasses how talking to someone cancels disciplines. A bit immersion breaking sure, but I don't think anyone's gonna point fingers for you doing what you must to make it work with the engine we have.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Karavolos wrote:
but I don't think anyone's gonna point fingers for you doing what you must to make it work with the engine we have.

I would, because our engine is very easy to work with and gives us a ton of options so there's no excuse why this wouldn't be implemented professionally. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Ssshh.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I would, because our engine is very easy to work with and gives us a ton of options so there's no excuse why this wouldn't be implemented professionally.

Zero, did you hit your head? Either you are suffering from a shotgun facelift and thus serious, or your sarcasm is just . . . not as biting as normal.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 pm

malak wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

I would, because our engine is very easy to work with and gives us a ton of options so there's no excuse why this wouldn't be implemented professionally.

Zero, did you hit your head? Either you are suffering from a shotgun facelift and thus serious, or your sarcasm is just . . . not as biting as normal.

Did you miss the 3 smiling tongue action emotes???!?!? Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:42 pm

I think he may betrying to say you were strangely subtle for a Brujah. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mask of a Thousand Faces   Mask of a Thousand Faces Empty

Back to top Go down

Mask of a Thousand Faces
Page 1 of 1