Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want ....

Go down 
+4
malak
Eliza
Cretino
Zer0Morph
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

I want .... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Cretino wrote:
Auspex is great for campering. You know where the target is and if he's moving. Now you know if he's moving out of cover, or if he's reloading and it's time for you to run towards him. Not to mention the ranged damage you get.

They just don't understand Cretino, maybe they will if you explain it to them. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Potence is boring. Any ghoul has that.

HEY there!

I do enjoy potence, but the only time I really find it advantageous over other disciplines is in the NosSewers and shovelhead lairs, since it doesn't stack well with high strength, and strength is cheaper. Can't say I have raised it above 2.

Auspex is VERY useful if you keep it at mid levels. I really wish I could activate different ranges of aurasight, as Auspex 4 and 5 see EVERYTHING. It is too much. auspex 2 is a good range. far enough to let you spy on the next room, not so far that you are now looking 4 or 5 rooms down.
That said, BOOM! byebye stupid scabs. Aus+Cel=ALL OF THE BULLETS!

kyoden wrote:
Auspex oder
Auspex smells now? or are you talking about Heightened Senses? You should know better than to activate that around a Gangrel. Certainly not near a one of the Nicktuku.

Bloodbuff needs to stay. I could understand moving it back to be just a one rank disc, and I would put the buff at +2 then, but it is too much an inherent part of VtM. Even VtR kept it. Bloodheal is actually my favorite change from vanilla. Please don't kill it! I could get behind lowering the natural healing, though. A lot, actually. I know bashing heals fast, but still.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Don't worry, I'm not killing Bloodheal or Bloodbuff, they're staying as is. In fact, in the end, I think everything will stay as is. As much as I'd like some new stuff to play with, I think Swapping Viziers for Warriors caste and Followers for Warriors of Set should suffice. Besides, can you imagine what we'd have to do to get new clans and disciplines? I'd be working forever not to mention finding Scarecrow to re-read new lines, lip dialogue them. It's just a lot of work. I'd rather have new systems, fix Intimidation and Seduction, oh yeah and Stealth, and add more quests to do.

That's just me though.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:05 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Cretino wrote:
Auspex is great for campering. You know where the target is and if he's moving. Now you know if he's moving out of cover, or if he's reloading and it's time for you to run towards him. Not to mention the ranged damage you get.

They just don't understand Cretino, maybe they will if you explain it to them. Razz
There is nothing not to understand. For ME as a player it is impossible to use auspex because the effects disturb ME.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:58 am

malak wrote:

kyoden wrote:
Auspex oder
Auspex smells now? or are you talking about Heightened Senses? You should know better than to activate that around a Gangrel. Certainly not near a one of the Nicktuku.

'Oder' is the German word for 'or', so I guess kyoden just mentally slipped up there. But your advice is sound, yeah, don't activate Heightened Senses: Smell ... basically anywhere ingame. Good thing PCs don't have a means to dispense ingame smells yet. affraid Nosferatu smell? Ugh, no, thanks.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:58 am

Uhm, yes ... *sorry*
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:09 pm

ahh. Never actually studied German, but lived in an area where it was the second language for 18 months and picked up some broken conversational speech. Always thought that was spelled "ader" due to how they pronounced it.
That said, their dialect is most likely stained with south-texan drawls from being there for a century, so my reference point is a tad skewed.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 am

malak wrote:
ahh. Never actually studied German, but lived in an area where it was the second language for 18 months and picked up some broken conversational speech. Always thought that was spelled "ader" due to how they pronounced it.
That said, their dialect is most likely stained with south-texan drawls from being there for a century, so my reference point is a tad skewed.

"Ader" is a word, actually; it's a noun and translates to vein or blood vessel. study
But pronounciation can be tricky - even I can't understand some of the regional dialects here, and down in Bavaria, they speak an entirely different language, anyway. lol!
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:19 am

Bavaria _is_ something different for sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 pm

kyoden wrote:
Ask Wesp about it. He lives in Munich. lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
kyoden wrote:
Ask Wesp about it. He lives in Munich. lol!

Has my familiarity with German corroded totally, of you are making a wordplay involving a Bayerner?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Well, I'm not an enemy of the bavarians. Unless, of course, when we're talking about football. Then I must join in the song: Zieht den Seppls die Lederhosn aus!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:53 pm

The last 6 posts meant scratch to me.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Well, I'm not an enemy of the bavarians. Unless, of course, when we're talking about football. Then I must join in the song: Zieht den Seppls die Lederhosn aus!

Oh, I like that song, it's so catchy. What a Face Though I don't care about sports, either ... I just have a really hard time understanding the Bavarian dialect. Especially if people talk fast. I mean, sometimes I have to ask my own grandpa what he said, and we share a dialect (to some extent - university really bludgeons the dialect out of you, especially when you're studying languages).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Eliza wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Oh, I like that song, it's so catchy.  What a Face   Though I don't care about sports, either ... I just have a really hard time understanding the Bavarian dialect. Especially if people talk fast. I mean, sometimes I have to ask my own grandpa what he said, and we share a dialect (to some extent - university really bludgeons the dialect out of you, especially when you're studying languages).

Would that be like trying to understand Englishmen or Aussies? They speak English, sure, but not like we do. And for some reason they spell words with a "z" but with an "s", like Authorization, they stick an "s" on there for some reason. Or like Armor, they spell it Armour. So weird.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Would that be like trying to understand Englishmen or Aussies? They speak English, sure, but not like we do. And for some reason they spell words with a "z" but with an "s", like Authorization, they stick an "s" on there for some reason. Or like Armor, they spell it Armour. So weird.
Well, since the english have used the u in armour all the time, I suspect it is a casualty of the independence war. elephant
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Well, since the english have used the u in armour all the time, I suspect it is a casualty of the independence war. elephant

Perhaps many letters were cruelly destroyed in the war. Poor letters. Sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Eliza wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Oh, I like that song, it's so catchy.  What a Face   Though I don't care about sports, either ... I just have a really hard time understanding the Bavarian dialect. Especially if people talk fast. I mean, sometimes I have to ask my own grandpa what he said, and we share a dialect (to some extent - university really bludgeons the dialect out of you, especially when you're studying languages).

It is not weird, my dear Sir. It is merely correct. This is the educated persons' way to use the beautiful English language with some moderate proficiency. Not like the sorrowful yokels from Her Majesty's rebellious and seditious colonies...

Sorry lol!
I spent too much of my life among the British, as is clearly visible. I could not resist.

As for our posts... In German to call someone a Bavarian (Bayerner) and stupid is one and the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Feral wrote:
As for our posts... In German to call someone a Bavarian (Bayerner) and stupid is one and the same thing.

Funny thing, in America, calling someone Polish or a dumb Pollack is the same thing. No joke, we have tons of dumb Pollack jokes. I never could figure out why, actually? The Polish people never seemed dumb to me, so this always confused me. Cultural thing perhaps. scratch
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Feral wrote:

I didn't know that ...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 pm

kyoden wrote:
Feral wrote:

I didn't know that ...
It may be sort of gone now... My grandmother used it, but she used a lot of German that isn't used anymore.
It was a very Prussian thing. You know, Bavarians sided with Austria on unification of Germany and couldn't understand shit of the orders Prussian victors of the conflict were giving them. And they are Roman Catholic to make it worse, not honest Protestants, like the Prussians. So they had to be dumb.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Feral wrote:

It is not weird, my dear Sir. It is merely correct. This is the educated persons' way to use the beautiful English language with some moderate proficiency. Not like the sorrowful yokels from Her Majesty's rebellious and seditious colonies...

Beautiful . . . English . . . language?
Are you speaking some strange, new dialect I don't know of?
English is many things, mostly prolific, but I cannot call it beautiful. A saying I have heard a few times and fully support is that Italian is sung, French is spoken, English is spat, and German is vomited.
That said, i love how visceral German sounds. It's a language with MEAT on its bones.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 pm

malak wrote:
Beautiful . . . English . . . language?
Are you speaking some strange, new dialect I don't know of?
English is many things, mostly prolific, but I cannot call it beautiful. A saying I have heard a few times and fully support is that Italian is sung, French is spoken, English is spat, and German is vomited.
That said, i love how visceral German sounds. It's a language with MEAT on its bones.

Even in the United States we consider our language... well.... let's just say we tend to flock to those who speak French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Italian. LOL
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:37 am

malak wrote:

...and German is vomited.

Not true. German is barked. Cool
And ideal to speak to your dog.
As Charels the Fifth, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Germany, Archduke of Austria, King of Spain, Aragon, Grenada and the New World once said:
Ï speak Spanish to men, Latin to the clergy, French to my aides, Italian to women and German to my dog" (or something to that effect)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Feral wrote:
malak wrote:

...and German is vomited.

Not true. German is barked. Cool
NO! WHAT GIVES YOU THIS IMPRESSION?

And not everybody speaks german as you know it from recordings of Führer speeches, or Judge Freisler at the Volksgerichtshof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want ....   I want .... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I want ....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: