Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick Empty
PostSubject: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:56 pm

OMG!!! I'm so excited to share this with you guys.

Okay so Malkav and Kyoden were not impressed with how Arthur responded to you stealing from his chest, so last night sitting in my internet-less apartment, I decided to look at it. They were right, it could be handled better, it wasn't bad, but there was room for improvement.

So here's what I did.
1.) When you steal from Arthur's new chest, he immediately breaks into dialogue with you and yells at you to "Get the hell outta here!"
2.) You have a choice, you can either act innocent and apologize, take the money, and slip out of there -OR- you can get aggressive and say "Why don't you come here and make me, fatboy!"
3.) If you choose the passive approach, you can leave (still incurring a humanity loss) but you can return later and talk to him. He will still be pissed at you, but you can either Persuade, Intimidate, Seduce, or Charm him with Serpentis to calm him down and get the quests.
4.) If you choose to challenge him to make you leave, he calls the police and begins firing his gun at you until you're dead. If you attack him, he'll still fight you instead of cowering in fear. Any quests you had open with him automatically fail and explain why. Taking this approach ends all future dialogue or quests with him.

I set it up this way because I didn't like the idea of stealing completely breaking all chances of quests, but you still need some sort of social skill to get him calm. I'm super happy with how I set this up and I know you will too. Took me 3 hours to do this, so I hope the community likes it.

Thanks Malkav and Kyoden for bringing this to my attention before release.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Sounds like a good solution.
An idea though: make keeping the money and Arthur happy require persuasion (or seduction for female) and allow a "no skill" "sorry, you're right, here's your cash back" option.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 pm

malak wrote:
An idea though: make keeping the money and Arthur happy require persuasion (or seduction for female) and allow a "no skill" "sorry, you're right, here's your cash back" option.
This.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:21 pm

malak wrote:

That's a good idea Malak, thanks.

See why I need you guys? LOL
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 am

malak wrote:

Done.

Now you have several options....
1.) Give the cash back but he stays pissed, at least he doesn't shoot at you.
2.) Keep the money and fight or run off with it losing all opportunities for future quests
3.) Persuade him and keep the money, and get access to all quests
4.) Seduce him and keep the money, and get access to all quests
5.) Intimidate him and keep the money, and get access to all quests
6.) Charm him with Serpentis and keep the money, and get access to all quests
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 am

if you give the cash back, do you lose out on future quests?
soXPhungry.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 am

malak wrote:
if you give the cash back, do you lose out on future quests?
soXPhungry.

No, if you give the cash back, he's still pissed at you until Seduce, Persuade, Intimidate, or Charm him, and the checks are 3, 3, 3, and 2.

On the other hand, to keep the cash, you must do above at skill check 5, 5, 5, and 3. The only way the quests are off limits are if you piss him off, keep the cash, and threaten him, then he calls the police and will shoot on sight (Murican style) for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:02 am

malak wrote:
That should also include Serpentis.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 am

Nice work there Zer0.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Yeah, it's very solid how Arthur is handled now, I'm real happy with it.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Quote :
No, if you give the cash back, he's still pissed at you until Seduce, Persuade, Intimidate, or Charm him, and the checks are 3, 3, 3, and 2.

On the other hand, to keep the cash, you must do above at skill check 5, 5, 5, and 3. The only way the quests are off limits are if you piss him off, keep the cash, and threaten him, then he calls the police and will shoot on sight (Murican style) for the rest of the game.

sounds perfect. I love it like fat 'Muricans love bacon.

EDIT: fixed the quote box.

Last edited by malak on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 pm

malak wrote:
sounds perfect. I love it like fat 'Muricans love bacon.

Well then you more than LOVE it, you CRAVE it!!! Razz

PS: The below image is why I'm still single in 'Murica. Most of the women here look this way.

Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick 1112241204_very_fat_woman_eating1_xlarge
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 am

Looks like Jabba the Hut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick   Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick Empty

Back to top Go down

Stealing from Arthur Kilpatrick
Page 1 of 1