Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I can help you with

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

What I can help you with Empty
PostSubject: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:34 pm

*proof-reading for dialogs, emails, item descriptions... sure, why not
*browsing the internet, or in some other way provide pictures and/or icons for new items u-huh, but I cannot make the icons or edit/manipulate images.
*story scripting and dialog writing for possible new quests good
*writing readmes and perhaps a manual I will, but there's the "what if I don't understand this?" part

can also beta test
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks for the offer.
What i need right now is someone to take a look on the dialogs. Proofreading and maybe some suggetions for better wording and mor clanspecific responses.
And for easier editng, remove the female (and Malk) texts if they are the same as the male (=everybody) ones. Best tool for that is BloodlinesDialogEditor, even if it's useless for anything else. I think you can download the program from PlanetVampire.com

If you can do this on short notice, send me an email address per pm.

Testing would be great as well, but the last version I have uploaded is more or less obsolete by now, and making a new one, maybe in a week or so, but then TFN (and perhaps even Antitribu) is out...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:05 pm

I would definitely get Cretino in on the beta testing part, he's proven his talent for breaking shit! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I would definitely get Cretino in on the beta testing part, he's proven his talent for breaking shit! Razz
Yep, I've seen that. And I surely want Cretino for testing. It's just bad timing.
Cretino,
I still have much to do in Santa Monica and it would be stupid to let you test a version with many bugs I have already fixed.
And I imagine next week you want to try TFN and Antitribu. I'll try it too, if it is releasd. But they've announced it for at least five years now, so I'm not convinced that I'll see product next week.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey! I'm used to fixing as well. That's why I do detailed reports. Too bad this time I don't have the hammer editor, or don't know how programming language. Did I stress enough I develop games? Ok.

You want to remove malkavian lines and lines that don't differentiate by gender, is that it?
I will miss fat larry's "baby giiirl!"
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 pm

I think what he meant was remove differentiated lines if they are identical.I could be wrong there.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 pm

I will do some coding:
Code:
"remove the female (and Malk) texts if they are the same as the male (=everybody) ones."
remove the female ... texts if they are the same as the male ones...

event; female text
condition; integer is equal to male ones
action; remove

"remove the female (and Malk) texts if they are the same as the male (=everybody) ones. "
remove ...Malk texts...

event; malk text
condition; integer is not else
action; remove

Child of Malkav decoded.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Hey, guys, do you know any unpatcher out there? Because when I modded my VMTB with TFN, I didn't save a clean copy, and my internet is slow that I can't download it again (lie). If there was a way to undo the mod, I would start RIGHT NOW with the helping.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:23 am

what cereal box did you pull that decoder ring from?
I needs me one!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:35 am

Cretino, I don't know of any way to remove a mod from bloodlines. Chancees are that overwriting with another mod works, but you never know if Zer0 has made changes to files I didn't change. And then these files are not included in my mod and don't overwrite Zer0's changed ones. My guess is that it can cause problems with menu and loading screen backgrounds, and with particles, maybe character models too.
But for the dialog changes I'm asking right now, you don't need a complete isntall. I'd send you the dialog files in my current version. You can put them into any empty directory and access them there. They are plain text, so you can use any editor.
As I stated above, for removing identical female lines, bloodlines dialog editor is the best choice. It highlites the male/female entries in green if they are identical, and in red if they are not. But that's the only use this program has, because you can write only in the male, female, and malk texts. Not in the line numbers, conditions, actions, or the other clan specific entries.
I have looked, you can downlod the dialog editor from Planet Vampire. You don't even need an account to do it.

For your "code", yes you got the idea, but it seems you have made a copy/paste error in the malk block... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:31 pm

I don't see the error. And I already downloaded BDE. You want me to edit the archive you send me, and upload the new one. Do I have a Deadline?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Cretino wrote:
I don't see the error. And I already downloaded BDE. You want me to edit the archive you send me, and upload the new one. Do I have a Deadline?
No deadline, do it in your own time. Please do it in the order generic, main characters, (santa monica, though most of it is done), downtown, hollywood, chinatown, other subdirectories.
Then send the files back when you are finished with one or two subdirectories.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Do I delete the [Auto-End]s?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Cretino wrote:
Do I delete the [Auto-End]s?
You can, but it's not necessary. I suggest you use the [non-empty-lines] Filter. That makes it faster even if it doesn't show the auto-link and auto-end lines.
Oh, one more thing. When you get to the SMblueblood dialog, please add (I), (P), (S) to the presence lines as I have done it in the other santa monica dialogs.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Uh, let's say I have a hundred lines to delete on this character. I used Non-empty lines Filter, and it showed only a few lines. Are those the only lines I have to delete?

On another not:

* Non-empty lines filter provides lucid view of a DLG file and displays only lines that contain some actual text to be modified or translated.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Cretino wrote:
Uh, let's say I have a hundred lines to delete on this character. I used Non-empty lines Filter, and it showed only a few lines. Are those the only lines I have to delete?

On another not:

* Non-empty lines filter provides lucid view of a DLG file and displays only lines that contain some actual text to be modified or translated.
That's the idea. "Non empty lines" shows only the lines that have actual text in both, the male and female entries. And that are the only ones you have to be concerned about. If the background is green, delete the female text. If it's red, don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I can help you with   What I can help you with Empty

Back to top Go down

What I can help you with
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Helpers?-
Jump to: