Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Final Nights Series Information

Go down 
+8
Kelben
Maximus1
Childe of Malkav
ArchonJonus
Velvet
8people
edoardo17
Zer0Morph
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 pm

You a bloody Ventrue or what? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Velvet wrote:
True Blood lite could be less platelets, more fluid
True Blood smoothie could be more platelets, more viscous
you could have True Blood "cheese", clotted
or fresh from the arteries, still at max oxigen saturation...

the possibilities are endless...

You had me until you mentioned the clotted cheese, just the thought makes my stomach turn. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
You had me until you mentioned the clotted cheese, just the thought makes my stomach turn. affraid
I think the Masai (sp?) people make a drink of fermented blood and milk. There are probably others, too.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:15 pm

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 Le-roquefort

Or..

"Black pudding or blood pudding is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled."

Want to hear about Foie Grad ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Zer0Morph is going to end this hijack, I can feel it in my bones.

Foie gras is just mashed up goose or duck liver, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Kelben
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:55 pm

Duck liver from ducks feed to death actually so that their liver (or "foie") is fat (or "gras"). It is diabolically good Very Happy
Nice picture of Roquefort Claudia Wink
Black pudding is also known as morcilla in spanish culture where they also add rice inside.
While killing a chicken for instance, people are used to make a "sanguette" which consist of the blood the chicken release when dying of an open cut in its neck, then cooked like an omelette with bread, parsil, garlic...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:32 pm

You Europeans are disgusting, let's talk about TFN again hijackers! LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
You Europeans are disgusting, let's talk about TFN again hijackers! LOL Very Happy
Rumor is there's a whole forum dedicated just to that. cheers

You know, all I've been reading about TFN is actually making me play CE again right now, even though I just finished a game about a week ago. This is my first Nosferatu. I've never finished any flavor of VtMB with a Brujah, either.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:12 pm

I can't wait to start building the TFN Clan Gallery this week on the TFN boards. I don't want to give away too much but still want to show people the new skins we're using for the new clans.

So far this is what we have done...

Male
Followers of Set
Osebo

Female
Osebo
Ishtarri

I can't wait until their all done but I plan on starting the gallery asap. Smile
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Must say the screenshots look fantastic.

Am curious why you added Laibon legacies, personal favourites?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 pm

8people wrote:
Must say the screenshots look fantastic.

Am curious why you added Laibon legacies, personal favourites?

Which screenshots exactly? I haven't started the PC model gallery yet, I hope to tackle the beginnings of that this weekend, and start populating as we complete them.

The Laibon Legacies a personal favorite? HAHA I chuckle at the idea. I could write an entire novel as to why 2 Laibon Legacies made it into the TFN roster but the simple answer is this... I had no choice. Smile

Sadly that's the answer... When I started the whole TFN concept back in Jan-Feb. I sat down with a pen and pad and started going over which clans I wanted, which was truly dictated by the available disciplines. Because additional disciplines can't be created, only replaced, my hands were tied as to which disciplines I could use and for which clans. In the original lineup I had the Daughters of Cacaphony, the Ravnos, Old Clan Tzimisce, and toyed with the idea of True Brujah. Unfortunately the discipline restrictions kept me from having all of them in the same lineup.

Then I had to consider player models, I mean obviously you can't use the Nosferatu model for anything but Nosferatu... and in this case The Samedi. So player models, disciplines, storyline, PnP Lore, all of that had to be considered, and when it was all done the only structure that fit was the one I came up with.

Now look at Antitribu, I'm still boggled how they plan to pull off alot of what they're doing. They have Giovanni as a playable clan, which doesn't make sense because you're forced to fight Bruno later in the game. I don't know how they plan on swinging that one, just too many holes. They have Tzimisce, again do they plan on making additional lines for Andrei? Who will do the voice acting? So ya, goodluck with that and I really mean it. I don't know how they plan to stay true to PnP and Bloodlines at the same time using their clan selections.

All of this was considered when I made the lineup, thus that's how 2 Laibon Legacies snuck into the roster for TFN.

Edit: Speaking of PC models and having it fit PnP lore, I was looking at the Malkavian PC models and I just don't see how it's possible to make them fit for Salubri. For female, we have a stripper cop outfit, a cowboy outfit, etc... and for the male we have a silly Dr. Suess hat, a Biohazard suit, and a sewer worker outfit. I just don't see how I'm going to be able to swing that being Salubri.

I'm thinking I may end up using CE's Female Brujah model set instead, and make Salubri only available for female characters. That may piss some people off but that model set could be designed to look perfect for Salubri.... and I'd just take the original Malkavian models out of the game entirely.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Now look at Antitribu, I'm still boggled how they plan to pull off alot of what they're doing. They have Giovanni as a playable clan, which doesn't make sense because you're forced to fight Bruno later in the game. I don't know how they plan on swinging that one, just too many holes. They have Tzimisce, again do they plan on making additional lines for Andrei? Who will do the voice acting? So ya, goodluck with that and I really mean it. I don't know how they plan to stay true to PnP and Bloodlines at the same time using their clan selections.
What I fear may happen with Antribou is that they'll just swap in new models/skins and re-hashed disciplines, slap clan names on haphazardly and call it "new," without much concern for making it all fit in terms of the fiction. When I played a lot of Neverwinter Nights community-made mods, it was easy to see that the most challenging part of making a good mod was the story. There were quite a few mods that showed good programming, fewer which showed mediocre programming and good writing, and fewer still with showed both. The scripting is not a walk in the park, but in my opinion it's easier to take care of the technical aspects than it is the storyline. In my opinion, something similar exists with comic books and graphic novels.: it's a lot easier to produce good art than good writing. And good computer game programming is a lot easier to come by than good writing and story design.

Quote :
I'm thinking I may end up using CE's Female Brujah model set instead, and make Salubri only available for female characters. That may piss some people off but that model set could be designed to look perfect for Salubri.... and I'd just take the original Malkavian models out of the game entirely.

Thoughts?
I think that female Brujah you refer to is one of the better PC models. Much better than the original, and better than most of the other vanilla models. If you have to limit Salubri to female characters, like Jack says, "Ya do what ya gotta do."
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:17 am

You could replace the male with the model of another clan as well, surely? Skins the limit!

Considering the Sabbat clans Tzimisce and Lasombra vary between shunning their antitribu to specifically hunting them down, there's also the consideration a clan isn't readily apparent, only being a vampire is. Unless the prince smuggled some of your blood to one of their thaumateurges' who did a simple rite to determine clan and generation.

Which considering he's a slimy git...

Giovanni leads to the problem that nobody leaves the family with (un)life intact... Except Maria, because she's speshul.

Sure it would be possible to rewrite the whole story but one story for all those clans I can't see being wholy feasible. Guess will have to keep up with it and find out.

As for the Laibon inclusion, you could just have fewer clans available Wink That frees up model space that you can use for different NPCs/Enemies Unless it's impossible to remove entries from the drop down list, of course. I also believe warrior caste Assamites use disciplines from the same pool, but with obfuscate as well they might be a bit ott (Even if assassin runs are fun for a time Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 am

i went away and it moved on, just have to say this and then get back on track:
Portugal, Morcela, pudding of clotted pig's blood.

and i can't wait to play a female Salubri.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 pm

VV,

You're a strange cookie, but glad you're here on the CE boards! Razz

I thought about running only 6 available clans, maybe even 5 but the space remains open in the selection list which really bothers me and looks tacky. You must have 7 available clans or it creates a hole and if you delete one then it pulls the human clans from the clandoc.txt file.

Creating an Assamite Warrior caste was an option as well, but then you have 4 clans with Obfuscate which is over 50% of the clans in the roster. The reason I ultimately scratched the True Brujah was because otherwise we'd have 4 clans sporting Auspex and I didn't want more than 3 clans to have the same discipline. As it is now, no more than 3 clans have the same discipline selection. Here's the breakdown...

Auspex x3
Fortitude x3
Presence x3
Celerity x2
Daimoinon x1
Obeah x1
Potence x1
Quietus x1
Serpentis x1
Thanatosis x1
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Fair enough, I wasn't thinking of proportions of disciplines.

Shame there isn't a relatively easy way of cracking open the engine. The fun that could be had then...

A lesson in creative coding I guess study however fristrating it can be.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 pm

I wish that too 8people!

Ok guys, since you all seem to be pretty interested in TFN then who am I to withhold cool stuff from you. I wasn't planning on revealing the new skinned models until the gallery was made but... awww what the hell.

Here's some screenshots on the new Tier 1 Followers of Set, just some random shots.

Here's the Male Tier 1 Screenies
The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 Bjeg49

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 2vbzt

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 Vs2t92

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 6elkzt

Here's the Female Tier 1 Screenies
The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 260wnqs

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 21o2byx

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 654mrp

The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 30hlmr5
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Sweet looking pictures Z Very Happy BTW sent you a PM here and on the TFN board...did you ever get it?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:06 am

i lllooovveee the utchat or udjatti eye makeup, i almost want to play one just because of that.
plus a discipline that you can also use in dialogue is always a great plus to me.
i was feeling that the only clan that appealed to me was Salubri, but after this Followers of Set also seems palatable.
i really can't wait to play this!!!

afterthought (and my first edit):
and you are a flatterer, zer0morph, that is a compliment, high praise to me!!!

Last edited by Velvet on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : loose ends)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks for your kind words guys, I've put alot of time into those skins.

VV,

I'm really excited that the simple change in skins makes you want to play a clan you before had no interest in! Smile
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Have to admit Z, the makeup is pretty cool looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Yep, really looks good. It seems, my probably favorite Clan in TFN has not only good disciplines, but good looks as well.

- geek

Edit: Please keep one special Malk text. When Beckett asks about the warehouse: "It wasn't me. It was my evil twin. Didn't you notice the goatee" Cool
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:04 am

HAHA thanks guys! Your evil twin? HAHA that would be funny!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
HAHA thanks guys! Your evil twin? HAHA that would be funny!

It is. As the special clan entries make no gender distinction, you get this text with a female character as well. I love you

- geek
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 am

i've worn that eye make up, drawn with eye-liner, when i went to celebrate halloween at a gothic club.

identification is very important to me when playing RPGs, but with me it works more towards adopting characters that i can identify with before hand, that are faithful to me and me faithful to them, ressonance, turning them into alter egoes, and less towards experimenting in being someone other than who i already am.

indeed the followers of seth skin is one i can identify with, having worn that look, so yes i am keen on playing a character wearing that look.

on that subject... when playing a female malkavian, i always feel a... perverse... auto erotic, maybe... attraction towards the character... she is sooo sexy...

and still on that subject, the game's designers have a thing for girls with short hairs! i think female toreadors should be the sexiest looking character skins, and they have short hairs! that works against me! i am slightly repelled by that look, that skin!
and too many blood dolls also have the short hair look!
my prefered is the black night look with long dark hair, like the new blood doll near Vesuvius in Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Series Information   The Final Nights Series Information - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Final Nights Series Information
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next