Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

[1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) Empty
PostSubject: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:51 pm

I just started played a persuassive, intimidative and seductive Baali, which uses Obfuscate to dodge combat.
Thing is, I started without my main weapon, FISTS.
Without FISTS, I can't even do the tutorial, which requires you to assassinate a Sabat with Potence (which you don't have btw!).

Killing the thug at the beach seems the safest way to acquire a weapon, but not having fists for the whole game will surely bring me pain somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:23 pm

That's the famous no hands bug. Start your character over. It happens like 1 out of 50 characters.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 pm

I didn't have to wait much. Without fists, I can't carry stuff, like cans, boards and other props. Like the planket that blocks the morgue... I can't do the asian stalker quest!

And I can't see my money as well. There's no item for it. It's still being registered, though, as I can buy and sell items on the shop.

Edit: ah, seriously? Damn! I did many early quests already =(
Hey mom, no hands!
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:29 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
That's the famous no hands bug. Start your character over. It happens like 1 out of 50 characters.

This can easily be prevented by a simple Python script. Zer0morph, check out the UP vamputil.py for your next mod version Smile!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Didn't you include the fix in TFN?! affraid
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Didn't you include the fix in TFN?! affraid

Apparently not. No

What should I do? I can include it in TFN 1.4. I'll have to scour the threads to see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:44 pm

Fear not. Just take notes for every little bug, like this one. If you find a major one, or if there are many little ones, you can fix all of them on 1.3.1...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:36 pm

Actually I just found out a person playing UP 8.9 had the no hands bug too. Appears people are still having it despite the fix. scratch
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:47 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Actually I just found out a person playing UP 8.9 had the no hands bug too. Appears people are still having it despite the fix. scratch

That fix has changed over time, I don't know when I included the current one. It's really simple, in vamputil.py add:

if not (pc.HasItem("item_w_fists")):
       pc.GiveItem("item_w_fists")
       pc.GiveItem("weapon_physcannon")
       pc.GiveItem("item_g_wallet")
       pc.GiveItem("item_g_keyring")
       pc.GiveItem("item_a_lt_cloth")
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 am

Vamputil? I thought, the function is located in tutorial.py. Or did you change that for the latest patch? I had it installed only for a short time and didn't look into the files.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:49 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Vamputil? I thought, the function is located in tutorial.py.

Maybe it was there once, but when I changed the basic/plus switching I moved it there. I also moved all newly added patch scripts there, so modders would have it easier to handle the patch as a base...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you Wesp/Malkav, I'll be sure to add that in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)   [1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists) Empty

Back to top Go down

[1.3]Baali early game weapon (Fists)
Page 1 of 1