Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sibling Rivalry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm

I have CE v1.2 installed, with no other patches afterwards.

I was unable to get the option to allow Therese and Jeanette to reconcile their differences. I had 4 points of Persuasion to start with. I even reloaded the game prior to their fateful meeting and (using the console command) gave myself the max number of Persuasion, but was still unable to allow the sisters to reconcile. Is this a known issue or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:19 pm

There is something in the choice of dialogues according to how you interacted with them before (kind, blew off, rude, tired of this and that..). When you are in the dinner, when you get the phone call, it's either Jeanette or Therese saying different phrases each, according to with whom your character has better relations (or not !).
It's not something of persuation, but of choice of dialogues in the confrontation. If none of them is not too mad because you fired them up, the option "give me the gun" (along with "get rid of her, jeanette", and "finish her off, therese") will work.
It has nothing to do with CE, but with how you play with your character Wink
Back to top Go down
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Claudia wrote:
There is something in the choice of dialogues according to how you interacted with them before (kind, blew off, rude, tired of this and that..). When you are in the dinner, when you get the phone call, it's either Jeanette or Therese saying different phrases each, according to with whom your character has better relations (or not !).
It's not something of persuation, but of choice of dialogues in the confrontation. If none of them is not too mad because you fired them up, the option "give me the gun" (along with "get rid of her, jeanette", and "finish her off, therese") will work.
It has nothing to do with CE, but with how you play with your character Wink

I do remember those interactions. And let me clarify that I've played this game through I don't know how many times, and I've made every choice one could probably make. With the new CE v1.2 downloaded though (as I've never played through with this mod) I was unable to make the same choices I've made dozens of times before. That was my reason for asking the question: my normal routine is not occurring now and I though something may have glitched.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 am

Thats strange, I did the same thing and got them to team up instead of shooting each other using CE 1.2, at least I think I did. I'll race through it again real quick and see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Thats strange, I did the same thing and got them to team up instead of shooting each other using CE 1.2, at least I think I did. I'll race through it again real quick and see what I can come up with.

I ran through with another character I created and I was able to allow the sisters to reconcile. Therefore I apologize for my over-site as I must have missed but one small detail the first time through. Regardless, thanks for the input and I shall press onward.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 am

It's based on more than persuasion, I believe there is an awareness check somewhere along the line like with the conversation with Knox to reveal he's a poor actor Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Good to hear that the situation is cleared up. I apologize, I said I was going to test it out and then I started back to modding TFN, oops... Either way, GAME ON! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:02 pm

It's times like this in a game I'm glad I'm an only child... and sane flower
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I'd love to have a history for Malks where you're not an only child

- geek jocolor
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 pm

Why do you think Jeanette/Therese is not an only child ?

You actually think they are telling a sane, understandable and logical truth ? Very Happy You beleive the painting is factual ? Very Happy

I do think there was a Jeanette and a Therese, but Jeanette died long long time ago, when they were children, and Therese was embraced. She recreated in herself her sister, which sabotages her once in a while (the pendant for example...), to remind her no to be too much "in the box" or "serious".. A malkavian is nothing more than a Ventrue with a twist, right ?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:30 pm

I know Therese was an only child and Jeanette is an aspect of DID.

But still, nice to be Sane and not believe I have siblings as well tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry Empty

Back to top Go down

Sibling Rivalry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to: