Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warr
Fledgling
Fledgling

Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. Empty
PostSubject: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 am

So, I'm trying to do the 'stripper assassin' mission for VV, in the Sin Bin. The mission where you have to go kill the hunter named 'Chastity'? No less than 20 times, I've had the same exact verifiable glitch/error happen, which involved I thought, the game somehow messing up when the 'autosave' function was being used, and then ending up crashing to my desktop.

I went so far as to manually turn off Autosaving to see if I could get done with it and out of the Sin Bin and THEN save back in Hollywood, but when I tried to exit out the front door of the Sin Bin, the crash came again. Dunno if it means I didn't manually turn off autosaving even though I thought I did (As in; I did it wrong), or if it's something else. I scoured Google and couldn't find any other reference or at lest solutions, for this issue I'm having, so given I'm playing Camarilla edition in the copy of VTMB that is causing the issue, figured I should bring it up here.

Other than this CtD error (which I have to say I blame on the original programming, not you guys), Great job, by the way, on the mod. It's excellent. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:23 pm

I've heard of similar things happening before but in random locations, not always the sin bin. Can you try walking into the sin bin and walking out a few times, but not actually doing anything in there? Sounds like a trigger or possibly python script is malfunctioning.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Have you tired going one or two savefiles back from the one before entering the Sin Bin? What you describe sounds like the save you started from is somehow corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Warr
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I've heard of similar things happening before but in random locations, not always the sin bin. Can you try walking into the sin bin and walking out a few times, but not actually doing anything in there? Sounds like a trigger or possibly python script is malfunctioning.

I think that may be what it is, I'm going to try to narrow it down by doing the mission without talking to Flynn, and see if that helps any. How hard is it to fix a trigger or python script if it's malfunctioning?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Have you tired going one or two savefiles back from the one before entering the Sin Bin? What you describe sounds like the save you started from is somehow corrupted.

I've went as far as 15-20 saves back, because I ended up not knowing I had to talk to the Tremere regent in the 'more fun with pestilence' mission to get the chantry haven, and I had done the fun with pestilence/more fun with pestilence quest line like among the first things I did in LA, so I had to go back to a save right a I first entered LA to rectify that.

Had the issue in the previous set of saves/before I realized I needed to go back save wise for the chantry, and also had them in my current set of saves.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Warr wrote:

I think that may be what it is, I'm going to try to narrow it down by doing the mission without talking to Flynn, and see if that helps any. How hard is it to fix a trigger or python script if it's malfunctioning?

When starting a game, the python scrips are loaded into the save file so if you change the python script after accessing it in a game, the new python script and the old python script that's built into your save file will be different and will cause conflicts.

So, we can fix python scripts but it requires a new game play if you've accessed that script before. Same goes for map changes which is where the triggers are held. I'm not positive it's a scripting or trigger problem though and wouldn't even know where to look.

I know you don't want to hear this but I'd uninstall and delete your current game files and reinstall Bloodlines with a fresh copy of CE Final. I'd put my money on your next play through running flawless when you get to the Sin Bin.

The reason I say that is because if this was a consistent bug then we'd be getting reports of this issue constantly. I think it's a problem with your copy of the game only.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:31 pm

Actually, I've had this CTD issue too, but it didn't occur again after I went back to previous saves (I save regularly because of stuff like this). I chalked it up to the game being in a crashy mood and forgot all about it. (Once you've played and heavily modded Morrowind, CTDs become something that just happens every once in a while, like stubbing your toe or your printer eating a sheet of paper.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Zer0, what you've written is for map files, not python scripts. Map data and changes are saved in G, so you get in trouble when you change a map that was already loaded in the current game. Python is loaded every time the map is loaded. So you can change the script any time you like. Well maybe not while the game is running...

@Warr: I agree with Zer0. It's probably a problem with your current installation. And I think I'll double his bet on a smooth run with a new one.

@Eliza: Yea i've stumbled over this problem too. But never that consistent.
And while I never played Morrowind, I have played modded Oblivion. And there I had more crashes than with Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Warr
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:43 pm

So oddly enough, it seems to only occur after talking to Flynn, because I was able to complete the quest, and do so stealthily at that, without talking to him and for some reason didn't have the saving crash to desktop/exit the area crash to desktop.

I don't know if that changes anything either, and yeah, it seems like it might be a bug or more likely just a problem with my own save. So no arguments there, I just wanted help on the matter and didn't now where else to post it, apologies.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 5:17 am

Posting here was a good idea. The problem is that at the moment I can only do guesswork for your problem. Since I don't develope CE any more, I don't have a working copy installed, so I can't test it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

No worries, Warr. Glad you could complete it without starting over. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 pm

I think I'll have to have a closer look on this quest. Atm I'm playing Wesps patch, and I tried to recreate your problem. Since I don't think CE has changed this quest, I thought it was worth a try. Well I got in and out without trouble. But I had another problem. I asked Flynn about Chastity, went downstairs, picked the lock to the dressing room without trying to get rid of the customers first, and the door to the stage was open and the other girl stood there smoking.
Hm, probably the Society of Leopold messing with this quest. scratch Bloody Inquisitors...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Can't you talk to her to have a private dance? There are two separate rooms, one empty and one with two hunters...
Back to top Go down
Warr
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:33 am

Just thought I'd post an update.

I (as I said) completed the mission to kill Chastity, without talking to Flynn, and somehow got around the whole crash to desktop that was plaguing me, by doing that. I later came back (rather fearful of a crash to desktop), to the Sin Bin as apart of the main questline in Hollywood, and oddly enough talking to Flynn about the tape and leaving the Sin Bin didn't provoke a crash to desktop.

Does that confirm the Python thing or mean if I play another play-through with Camarilla Edition, I should make sure to check the mission data if the error keeps happening?

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:30 am

Hm, I can't see anything in Flynn's dialog that might have caused the crash. Sorry. I have no idea what caused it, so I can't give advice.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I think I'll have to have a closer look on this quest. Atm I'm playing Wesps patch, and I tried to recreate your problem. Since I don't think CE has changed this quest, I thought it was worth a try. Well I got in and out without trouble. But I had another problem. I asked Flynn about Chastity, went downstairs, picked the lock to the dressing room without trying to get rid of the customers first, and the door to the stage was open and the other girl stood there smoking.
Hm, probably the Society of Leopold messing with this quest. scratch  Bloody Inquisitors...

Actually, that's supposed to happen. You then talk to the girl and tell her to meet you in the back room for a private dance. She leaves, and then you can kill Chastity without alerting anyone.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, probably the Society of Leopold messing with this quest. scratch  Bloody Inquisitors...

Actually, that's supposed to happen. You then talk to the girl and tell her to meet you in the back room for a private dance. She leaves, and then you can kill Chastity without alerting anyone.
I know that. But she's not supposed to be there already when the customers are still in the booths.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I know that. But she's not supposed to be there already when the customers are still in the booths.

Ahhh...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:36 pm

I don't think it's a problem specific to CE - if memory serves, I had the CTD issue while playing TFN, but since it's not really reproducable, it might just be Bloodline's engine hiccuping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.   Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location. Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash to Desktop Repeatedly involving the 'Sin Bin' location.
Page 1 of 1