Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi I am new here can you help me star moding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
drakoo36
Fledgling
Fledgling
drakoo36

Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  Empty
PostSubject: Hi I am new here can you help me star moding    Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:38 am

Hi am new here  but not to the game and I see People make mods and a lot of them are very good very good I want to learn how to mod my self I have some idias and I want to make them to what I am asking is this
Q1: how to start moding what program do I need
Q2: is there a tutorial for set program and where
And that's it I think how to start moding which program and is there a tutorial for it
Ty for your help
P.S Tremere RULE Twisted Evil
lol!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new here can you help me star moding    Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 am

Welcome to the forum, drackoo!

For starters, there is Dhes manual. It should be somewhere in the Modding Tips section of the forum. As for specific questions, you may try to ask (but not pester! Thou shall not pester your admin!) Malkav and Zer0Morph. They know the game inside out.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new here can you help me star moding    Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 am

Welcome,
what you need depends on what you want to do.
Well, first of all you need programs to extract the archives and create entity lists from the maps. VPK tools does nicely, but I think the SDK contains some newer, and maybe better programmes for that purpose.
Then you need a good text editor for python scripting, dialog editing, and all the other text files within the game. I use Notepad++
If you want to work with the textures you need converting tools (vpk tools again, and I think there is another one in the SDK) and photoshop or Gimp. I don't know if there are other graphics programms that allow to save in DDS format.

Honestly, modding bloodlines is too complex to get you started in one post.
As Feral said, if you have a more specific question, ask. I don't bite (at least not Kindred because of bloodbond)

P.S. Bloodthief, go home.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new here can you help me star moding    Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm

/waves hi

Modding bloodlines is shitty because the tools are very rough and not very "user-friendly".
Use these: https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/f23-modding-tips

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I am new here can you help me star moding    Hi I am new here can you help me star moding  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi I am new here can you help me star moding
Page 1 of 1