Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(

Go down 
+3
Cretino
Feral
SemperAlucard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SemperAlucard
Fledgling
Fledgling

I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( Empty
PostSubject: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 am

I finally got this mod to work and now I can't attack at all! I tried using F1 and mouse1 and the enter key. Nothing, nadda, zip, zilch. No fists or anything. I saw one post on http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914819-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/71477913 talking about it but I didn't see anything in regards to a solution. Has anyone ever come across this problem and solved it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:11 am

Have you tried to equip fists from the Inventory? They sometimes unequip spontaneously.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:39 am

And the one in a million (exageration) bug that will make you come without any kinds of weapons; they mentioned something being fixed, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.
Protip: do not do the TFN tutorial.
Back to top Go down
SemperAlucard
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks for the response everyone but unfortunately no ability to attack is showing at all even when I am looking at the inventory. It is like there is nothing at all. I have played this game several times before and I have never seen it do this before. Also, I didn't see an option to skip the tutorial. I wish there was because I find doing the tutorial annoying every time I want to start a new game.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:51 am

Then you fell victim of the famous "no hand bug". I don't know why the fix didn't work. check if you have the keyring, the wallet and the clothes in your inventory. Then use the console to add the mising things or create a new character who hopefully starts with full equipment.

The console commands are: give item_w_fists, give item_g_wallet, give item_g_keyring, give item_a_lt_cloth and give weapon_physcannon. You need physcannon if you can't pick up the sardin cans.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Does that happen every time you start a new tutorial? Did you try different clans? What clan were you playing when it first happened? Did it happen more than once?
Back to top Go down
SemperAlucard
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks Childe of Malkav! That did the trick with using "give item_w_fists"! Smile Cretino to answer your questions... This was the first tutorial that I tried while using the Final Nights Mod, I haven't tried a different clan yet, The clan I was playing was followers of Set. Also, if does happen again through another play through I will mention it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 4:36 pm

This is the famous no hands bug you encountered. A fix was created but won't be featured in TFN until the next release (1.4), until then, if this happens, just recreate your character and 9 out of 10 times that will solve your issue. Or you can do what Malkav suggested.

If you've never played TFN before then I highly encourage you to play through the tutorial and read all of the new pop ups and additional information. Ignore what Cretino said, the tutorial is worth playing through because of all the new changes. Also, you get a free lockpick and 2 additional XP for completing it. It's worth your time.

GL! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
This is the famous no hands bug you encountered. A fix was created but won't be featured in TFN until the next release (1.4), until then, if this happens, just recreate your character and 9 out of 10 times that will solve your issue. Or you can do what Malkav suggested.

If you've never played TFN before then I highly encourage you to play through the tutorial and read all of the new pop ups and additional information. Ignore what Cretino said, the tutorial is worth playing through because of all the new changes. Also, you get a free lockpick and 2 additional XP for completing it. It's worth your time.

GL! sunny

When I play TFN, the tutorial is buggy and it's not even about the clan I am playing - it asks me to use scarabs and crows from the gangrel!
You don't need the lockpick, the game is so full of money (TFN) that you will eventually buy the house, apartment or whatever you're trying to enter!
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Cretino wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

GL! sunny

When I play TFN, the tutorial is buggy and it's not even about the clan I am playing - it asks me to use scarabs and crows from the gangrel!
You don't need the lockpick, the game is so full of money (TFN) that you will eventually buy the house, apartment or whatever you're trying to enter!
I played all the clan in TFN and nothing like that has ever happened scratch .
For the money in the game: in the beginning you are bum level poor, in the end you are rich, so I'd take the lockpick and the 2xp to raise skill/knowledge/talent
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:45 pm

MxM wrote:
I played all the clan in TFN and nothing like that has ever happened  scratch .
For the money in the game: in the beginning you are bum level poor, in the end you are rich, so I'd take the lockpick and the 2xp to raise skill/knowledge/talent

This ^

Yeah I've not had bugs in my playthroughs either, but love the 2 XP and free lockpicks. In 1.4, all experience gained from quests have been rebalanced (reduced) and so you'll want the 2 XP.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:
I played all the clan in TFN and nothing like that has ever happened  scratch .

This ^

Yeah I've not had bugs in my playthroughs either, but love the 2 XP and free lockpicks. In 1.4, all experience gained from quests have been rebalanced (reduced) and so you'll want the 2 XP.
All XP is reduced? Even in the beginning?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:17 pm

MxM wrote:

No, mostly end game XP where they just start handing out absurd amounts of XP. In the beginning, the XP will be unchanged however as you progress, XP will slow down compared to what you're used too. You won't be so OP when fighting the end bosses.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:

No, mostly end game XP where they just start handing out absurd amounts of XP. In the beginning, the XP will be unchanged however as you progress, XP will slow down compared to what you're used too. You won't be so OP when fighting the end bosses.
That's good, in the beginning it's difficult to raise discipline or attributes, while in the end you have so much XP you don't know how to use it and it makes your PC overpowered (at the Ventrue Tower my Salubri had: 5 Stamina 4 Wits 5 Auspex and Fortitude and 4 Obeah, 5 Dodge, and all the occult items and armors, I didn't take any damage Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:02 pm

MxM wrote:
That's good, in the beginning it's difficult to raise discipline or attributes, while in the end you have so much XP you don't know how to use it and it makes your PC overpowered (at the Ventrue Tower my Salubri had: 5 Stamina 4 Wits 5 Auspex and Fortitude and 4 Obeah, 5 Dodge, and all the occult items and armors, I didn't take any damage Laughing )

Haha! That's exactly what I'm trying to balance. The beginning is supposed to be hard so we won't touch that and the mid-game is also pretty balanced in my opinion, however the end-game is just stupid at how powerful your character gets, almost to the point that it's boring. We certainly want the player to feel a sense of progression and power and the game "should" get a little easier in that regard, however we don't want players to lose interest at the end because they bought every occult item and have almost every red dot filled on the character sheet. Cool
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:13 pm

There are two things that need to be considered. Players should feel like they are progressing and getting stronger, but at the same time you want players to stay challenged so they don't get bored.

One way to do it is to make the regular opponents progress in power at a slower rate than the player, while making bosses progress in power faster than the player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(   I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :( Empty

Back to top Go down

I am stuck in the Tutorial because I can't attack! :(
Page 1 of 1