Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crashing on New Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Crashing on New Game Empty
PostSubject: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:06 pm

So I re-installed Bloodlines (through Steam this time) the other night, and without any additions, it booted up just fine on Windows 10. The next day (yesterday), I decided to install TFN 1.3.1, and found that the game CTDs when selecting New Game. It lets me see the first splash screen for about a second and a half, then vampire.exe pops up an error. I tried every compatibility mode option I could find (even got the game intro splash to display properly for a while - haven't seen those in awhile Razz - but even those went back to black screen eventually), but nothing works. Every time I go back to vanilla, game works just fine, no problems. So I gave up and decided to try CE Final, and it gives me the exact same problem. I've tried everything I can think, and still crashes whenever I select New Game. So now I'm stumped.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:18 pm

A dumb question,but you have turned the Steam autoupdate off, right?
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:33 pm

I believe so, but when I go to check, it doesn't even give me the option - either during installation, or under properties. It's rather odd, because I have auto-updates specifically enabled for Skyrim (which I suppose is a bit of a joke at this point).
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Just re-installed from archive (because fuck waiting an hour for it to download again), and booted up fine, goes to New Game fine, starts intro with LaSchmuck just fine, game seems to work perfectly with no add-ons.  Installing Wesp5's patch now with all extra content to see if that will run.

___

EDIT: Update, game works just fine with UP 9.4.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:45 am

Hm, try to use the additional Steam dlls. You can find them in the /cl_dlls and /dlls folders. Just rename from xxx.dll.steam to xxx.dll after renaming the original ones. I think TFN doesn't have them, so you need to copy from CE or the patch.
Btw, which version of CE have you used? The old one with the installer or the updated one for the mod loader?
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:19 pm

I got the CE Final installer from the ModDB page as linked at the top here

I didn't know about the additional dll files - I'll definitely try that, after I snag the thing you linked at the bottom of the download page.  (I didn't see that.  Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crashing on New Game   Crashing on New Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Crashing on New Game
Page 1 of 1