Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
svensven
Fledgling
Fledgling

Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) Empty
PostSubject: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 am

I just found this mod the other day. I loaded fresh from the original CDs, then loaded the mod into the folder as told. I try to run the game and it asks me to run as administrator, which I do. It churns for a second then does nothing. I also tried loading the 1.3 full into it's own folder and copy over manually, as one suggested on the forums. No luck. Completely baffled what to do next.

Help?? (Running Windows 7 64 bit)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:50 am

Did you install TFN 1.3 on a fresh copy of Bloodlines? Then install the 1.3.1 hotfix? Make sure you aren't installing anything else besides 1.3 and 1.3.1. After that, you want to right click on the desktop icon and choose the Compatibility tab. Mark everything so it looks like the picture below.

Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) 29m1xdv

If it still doesn't work, follow the instructions in this post. TFN 1.4 will be fixing all of these issues.
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2310-game-crashes-when-trying-to-load-save-file

Okay I'm super confused if you're running Windows 7. I'm running 7 also and have never had these issues before. So the game runs fine as vanilla, no patches what so ever? But then you install TFN 1.3 and it breaks? Does it break before or after the installation of 1.3.1 hotfix? Have you tested that?

The only other suggestion I would try is replacing the vampire.dll and vampire.dll.12 files located in \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\dlls with the ones from the latest Unofficial Patch. Try overwriting the ones TFN comes with for the ones in the UP.

Lastly, make sure you're running TFN in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and turn of visual themes and desktop composition.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
svensven
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 am

I made all the changes you suggested and all I get when I click the icon is a flash. There's a message that "The colors have changed from Windows 7 Basic", then the screen flashes, then nothing.

It was a fresh install from disks. I didn't check if Bloodlines worked before I patched TFN. I'll unload and retry tonight. I copied the DLL from Wespe's patch as suggested, no change.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:44 am

If you have the cd version of bloodlines, it's probably the copy protection problem. In that case also use the vampire.exe file that comes with the patch. And you don't have to change vampire.dll.12. That's an altenative version, not sure for which system.
You must change /cl_dlls/client.dll and /dlls/vampire.dll.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Malkav's right, the DRM also makes problems on Windows 7 since Microsoft's automatic update, so this is a necessary step to get the game to work.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm

svensven wrote:
It was a fresh install from disks. I didn't check if Bloodlines worked before I patched TFN. I'll unload and retry tonight. I copied the DLL from Wespe's patch as suggested, no change.

I would try seeing if the base game runs before installing TFN, that's a good idea. And as Malkav and Eliza pointed out, grabbing the vampire.exe (DRM FREE) from Unofficial Patch 9.4 is a great idea and will most likely fix your issue.
Back to top Go down
Tony77
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 5:54 pm

I too had the same problem. I changed the .exe file (52 KB in size, from 9.4 as Malkav suggested) for all MOD I installed (Clan Quest, Final Nights and Antitribu) and now all work perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Tony77 wrote:
I too had the same problem. I changed the .exe file (52 KB in size, from 9.4 as Malkav suggested) for all MOD I installed (Clan Quest, Final Nights and Antitribu) and now all work perfectly.

I patched TFN 1.4 so it includes the new vampire.exe, client.dll, and vampire.dll files so this shouldn't be a problem for people anymore. I'm so excited for Dec. 31st because we won't have to deal with these headaches anymore, and nor will our fans trying to play it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)   Cannot get the game to run (possible install?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cannot get the game to run (possible install?)
Page 1 of 1