Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
svperstar
Fledgling
Fledgling

"NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? Empty
PostSubject: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:53 pm

I'm starting a new game and this is already on my last nerve. I can't play the whole game with that thing popping up every single time I talk to someone, how can I turn it off?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Go into \Vampire\vdata\items\ and find the following files...

item_g_warr_ledger_1.txt
item_g_garys_tape.txt
item_g_garys_film.txt

Open them up in notepad.exe and find "printname" and remove the text in the fields, but leave the quote " " marks. That will remove the messages completely.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
svperstar
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:05 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Go into \Vampire\vdata\items\ and find the following files...

item_g_warr_ledger_1.txt
item_g_garys_tape.txt
item_g_garys_film.txt

Open them up in notepad.exe and find "printname" and remove the text in the fields, but leave the quote " " marks. That will remove the messages completely.

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 am

svperstar wrote:

Thank you so much!

You're very welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
svperstar
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:24 am

OK so I did what you said and it got rid of the msg but it still plays the sound effect and gives the halo effect every time I talk to someone. I looked through the files you mentioned and I don't see anything I can comment out. Is there another file I need to edit to make all the effects go away when I talk to people?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 pm

In those same files, you can remove the sound code as well.

Code:
   SoundData
   {
      "pickup"
      {
         "sound1"   "disciplines/presence/activate.wav"
      }
   }

Remove "sound1" "disciplines/presence/activate.wav"

As for the visual effect, switching to third person will remove that. You can toggle between 1st and 3rd person while in dialogue. I can't remember how to completely remove the visual altogether, let me research a bit and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
svperstar
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 1:50 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

As for the visual effect, switching to third person will remove that. You can toggle between 1st and 3rd person while in dialogue. I can't remember how to completely remove the visual altogether, let me research a bit and get back to you.

Thats ok I am almost done with my playthrough I have learned to deal with it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?   "NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this? Empty

Back to top Go down

"NPC infulenced by your presence" Can I disable this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: