Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trojan Horses in CE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Trojan Horses in CE Empty
PostSubject: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 am

I am sorry to report my antivirus (AVG) detected viruses in CE final and zip hotfix on ModDB and Gamefront. ElderScrolls page is OK. Haven't tested the last one.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:47 pm

I have no idea how they might have come there if you antivirus software isn't paranoid. According to my antivirus (Avira at the time I made CE), my system was always clear.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I have no idea how they might have come there if you antivirus software isn't paranoid. According to my antivirus (Avira at the time I made CE), my system was always clear.

I suspect something happened on the servers. That would explain why two downloads were shredded and one completed OK without an incident. I checked with AVG and GDATA on two computers, using a downloaded file. Elders Scrolls' copy was Kosher.

I didn't have the time to try to replicate the whole process though.

EDIT: I forgot. I checked TFN from ElderScrolls too out of paranoia. Kosher as well.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Elder Scrolls? You mean Patches Scrolls?

Yeah, I'm not sure why some of our patches come up with being malware or infected when it never is. Weirdness! scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:55 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Elder Scrolls? You mean Patches Scrolls?

Yeah, I'm not sure why some of our patches come up with being malware or infected when it never is. Weirdness! scratch

Lol, yeah. Patches Scrolls. Freudian misspelling. I haven't played Skyrim in a while.
So my antiviruses are Russian paranoiucs, then?
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 11:55 pm

It happened in the past, yeah, I remember... a friend made a very easy .reg file that would rewrite our Warcraft 3 register so we could play on his private server without the need to teach us how to handle all those number and codes, etecetera. Thing is, while some of us were fine (fine as in working ok), some reported malwares on his .reg
The issue was, their anti-virus was calling hax simply because it changed the computer registers, without bothering to check if those registers were vital or not.

Maybe it is what is happening? I suggest you either download and report your findings (let us know your AV), or use one of those AV sites that checks all the AV databases...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Good idea Cretino! I'm curious to know which AV he's using too.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 2:37 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Good idea Cretino! I'm curious to know which AV he's using too.

AVG and GDATA

I will try again tomorrow...

Norton ona third computer didn't make any fuss, but that was with CE 1.5 I had installed on my work computer in Wrocław ages ago.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Feral wrote:

I will try again tomorrow...

Nice...

I'm waiting for Jad to make a comment like "AVG is detecting the AIDS in Feral cause he's a faggot", or something like that, LOL! Razz

OMG, he's the TCI bigot isn't he? But we love him anyways! LOL I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I'm waiting for Jad to make a comment like "AVG is detecting the AIDS in Feral cause he's a faggot", or something like that, LOL! Razz

OMG, he's the TCI bigot isn't he? But we love him anyways! LOL I love you I love you
Hm, haven't heard The Philosopher make homophobic comments in quite a while. Well, maybe he attended one of the free lobotomy sessions I do every thursday and I didn't recognize him. scratch
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, haven't heard The Philosopher make homophobic comments in quite a while. Well, maybe he attended one of the free lobotomy sessions I do every thursday and I didn't recognize him. scratch

HAHA! I know right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

HAHA! I know right? Razz

I softened his disgust by my warm personality and cuteness? lol!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Feral wrote:

Maybe if you're especially nice, he'll give you a bone to gnaw on. Razz
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 5:38 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

Naw, I don't think so... All my attempts at wooing our Brasilian Fiend were unsucessful so far.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 6:37 am

Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

Naw, I don't think so... All my attempts at wooing our Brasilian Fiend were unsucessful so far.
Buid a Trojan Woman and hide in there when you approach him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 10:38 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

I almost spurt on a keyboard at the thought!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:51 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

HAHAHAHA! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Horses in CE   Trojan Horses in CE Empty

Back to top Go down

Trojan Horses in CE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to: