Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soaking & Defense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Soaking & Defense Empty
PostSubject: Soaking & Defense   Soaking & Defense EmptyTue May 03, 2016 4:21 am

Can you please tell me if i can see the values of soaking of every enemy?
I suppose every category have the same values

I know i can finish the game with any weapon but it's not about finishing the game again. i want to play it properly.
I really like the Assimite's power that reduces soaking of enemies so i want to understand if that pwoer makes some bashing weapon good against vampires too (since basic damage of those weapons is higher than blades)

So please tell me i can see somewhere. or if i can't i don't ask you to give me the valuse for every enemy but something generici like

Vampires
Bashing 5-7
Lethal 2-4
Aggravated 0-1

where 5-7 is minimum and maximum

I'll make some tests myself but since damage is not always the same but random,it's not easy to understand

Last edited by TheInvoker on Tue May 03, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Soaking & Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soaking & Defense   Soaking & Defense EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:04 pm

before you satisfy my request ( Smile ) i would like to understand better the combat system. i just read that it's Defense value that is subtracted to lethalty while soaking is ubtraced at the end. ok

i also read that vampires takes 50% less damage from bashing weapons so reducing their soaking feat is not effective as i thought. Let's make an example now

Baton
3 damage
6 lethality
2 skill req

Let's say i have 10 in melee combat and enemy has 5 in defense

3x(6+10-2-5)=27 maximum possible damage.
Then let's say he has 3 soaking vs bashing...the damage falls to 24
Then let's say he's vampire,the damage goes down to 12
Correct?

Blades and fang works the same against defense but their damage has different soaking values to check and it's not reduced at the end
Back to top Go down

Soaking & Defense
Page 1 of 1