Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:45 am

Erm, in the hallowbrook hotel once you slaughtered your way down, you come into that room where the tremere makes that noise white flames, hiding behind a summoned shield.

well - he is not there. there are the effects and the sound but nothing to shoot at. has anyone encountered such an issue?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:46 am

<<Moved to Bug Reporting>>
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
<<Moved to Bug Reporting>>

so this isn't supposed to happen? I'm not sure what caused the bug. knowing vtmb it can be everything from the original game to theimplementation of UOP 7.0 Very Happy

I'm a bit frustrated because I can't play on so far.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am

Humm, just throwing a few quick questions in right now.
Have you installed any mod except CE? If yes, in what order did you install exactly?
(Maybe it's an issue with graphics? Have you tried shooting where the mage should be standing or using 'noclip' to gain access to the podest and punch him? Or do you see the icon for targeted disciplines if you take a look around where he should be standing?)
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 am

Eliza wrote:
Humm, just throwing a few quick questions in right now.
Have you installed any mod except CE? If yes, in what order did you install exactly?
(Maybe it's an issue with graphics?
No.

Eliza wrote:
Have you tried shooting where the mage should be standing or using 'noclip' to gain access to the podest and punch him?
I shot where he should be. I went there where he should stand but there was nothing to hit.

Eliza wrote:
Or do you see the icon for targeted disciplines if you take a look around where he should be standing?)
no, I don't.

It's okay you ask but for trouble shooting I usually would have told these facts, if there where. but of course you cannot know.

the only thing notable about my arriving there is the fact that i have obfu 5 and auspex 4 running. auspex doen not give me any hint of one person in this room (except for the thug behind the closed door - who is of course not IN this room)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:50 am

Sounds like the mage was removed from the map, is anyone else having this issue?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm

I have just created a test malk and butchered my way through Hallowbrook. No problem with the mage.

So we have to get technical. You wrote something about implementation of UOP 7.0. Did you really try this with CE 1.3? And if you tried, what exactly did you do?

Did you encounter any other funny things like Heather turning up when she should not, or not turning up if she should? Even stranger behaviour of the ai than usual?

Can you check the date flag on the files \vampire\python\bradburry\bradburry.py and ...bradburry.pyc. Which one is newer?

Do you have a sve file from shortly before you went there? Can you reenter with the console activated and after the loading screen is finished, look into the console for some error message like "... has no method ScriptUnhide" or something similar, I'm not sure about the right text now.

This is all I can think about the problem right now.
- geek
Back to top Go down
SisterMalk
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I have just created a test malk and butchered my way through Hallowbrook. No problem with the mage.

So we have to get technical. You wrote something about implementation of UOP 7.0. Did you really try this with CE 1.3? And if you tried, what exactly did you do?

Did you encounter any other funny things like Heather turning up when she should not, or not turning up if she should? Even stranger behaviour of the ai than usual?

Can you check the date flag on the files \vampire\python\bradburry\bradburry.py and ...bradburry.pyc. Which one is newer?

Do you have a sve file from shortly before you went there? Can you reenter with the console activated and after the loading screen is finished, look into the console for some error message like "... has no method ScriptUnhide" or something similar, I'm not sure about the right text now.

This is all I can think about the problem right now.
- geek

1. meant that 7.0 that is implemented in 1.3
2. yes. heather is away but no cutscene in slaughtering
3. py is newer (11/2009 to 6/2009)
4. erm... save before i enter that room or save before i enter hallowbrook? i once knew how to activate the console but do not now, can you please remind me how i activate it (i had it regularly popping up once but closed it then and now don't know anymore how to activate it).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 am

O.K. now I know why he didn't appear. There is some error in the python script of your copy. I'm curious now, what exactly happened. Let's do the further discussion of the issue on PM basis.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)   Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler) Empty

Back to top Go down

Where is the blood mage? (Spoiler)
Page 1 of 1