Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!

Go down 
+4
darkmiztress
PhilK1988
VampChamp
Zer0Morph
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! Empty
PostSubject: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:30 am

Is it just me or has the Male Gangrel face always been kind've pathetic? I mean he always looks scared and confused to me, so even though I'm not a skinner like Shacar I thought I'd give a crack at it.

I tried to make him a little intimidating by furowing his eye browns a little, putting a little shadow around his eyes and lips, and giving him a thicker 5 oclock shadow in the shape of a goatee. Let me know if it's cool and we should keep it or if it sucks.

Side by Side comparisons
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
VampChamp
Fledgling
Fledgling
VampChamp

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:02 am

This is a hard one, but I would have to say I like the old one. For some reason the New one looks a tad deformed.
Back to top Go down
PhilK1988
Neonate
Neonate
PhilK1988

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 am

I like the changes besides the raised eyebrows. That looks somehow a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
VampChamp
Fledgling
Fledgling
VampChamp

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm

That was kind of what I thought as well.
Back to top Go down
darkmiztress
Fledgling
Fledgling
darkmiztress

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:44 am

i like the new one he looks mad at everything
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:42 am

darkmiztress wrote:
i like the new one he looks mad at everything

HA! Finally someone else likes it besides me! cheers
Back to top Go down
cactus
Neonate
Neonate
cactus

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:12 pm

better then before - but that could be moooooooooooooree charismatic i think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/eugene.argus
BleedItDry
Fledgling
Fledgling
BleedItDry

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 am

The second face is a huge improvement from the original face. But it would be easier to get a better feel for it if we had a screen shoot of the new head with hair.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 am

BleedItDry wrote:
The second face is a huge improvement from the original face. But it would be easier to get a better feel for it if we had a screen shoot of the new head with hair.

I will get one up asap, at least now you can download it and see for yourself! cheers
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:42 am

I like your rendition better Z, I agree with you completely about the first one, he looks a bit dazed and confused...and just a bit on the scared side. Not something one would expect, from something on the top of the food chain...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Maximus1 wrote:
I like your rendition better Z, I agree with you completely about the first one, he looks a bit dazed and confused...and just a bit on the scared side. Not something one would expect, from something on the top of the food chain...

Thanks Max,

Some didn't seem to like it but I agree with us, but I agree he just looked a little too timid. He looks even better in game where you can see him move around a bit more, and looks REALLY cool with the hair around his face.
Back to top Go down
Dark Blessing
Neonate
Neonate
Dark Blessing

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:59 pm

I really like the new face, but I would suggest lowering the eyebrows a little, you know, make him look pissed off and dangerous but not freaky.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Dark Blessing wrote:
I really like the new face, but I would suggest lowering the eyebrows a little, you know, make him look pissed off and dangerous but not freaky.

Chalk that up on my LONG list of things to do Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Blessing
Neonate
Neonate
Dark Blessing

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:13 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:

It's nothing important mind you, so feel free to put it at the bottom of your list of things to do. I can just imagine how much you got on your plate at the moment, with updates etc.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Dark Blessing wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:

It's nothing important mind you, so feel free to put it at the bottom of your list of things to do. I can just imagine how much you got on your plate at the moment, with updates etc.

oh it's on the VERY bottom of my list lol, I'm swamped trying to get the new graphics for the new Dominate disciplines ready.
Back to top Go down
Dark Blessing
Neonate
Neonate
Dark Blessing

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:26 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:

oh it's on the VERY bottom of my list lol, I'm swamped trying to get the new graphics for the new Dominate disciplines ready.

That sounds fantastic, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:28 am

Dark Blessing wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Oh bro, I've been making some insane progress on Dominate, you won't even recognize the Discipline set when you see it. Here's the breakdown...

Level 1: Trance (Updated with new graphical effects)
Level 2: The Forgetful Mind (Now lasts 15 seconds instead of 10, new minor graphical effects, reduced target distance)
Level 3: Tyrant's Gaze (Totally brand new power, With just one glance the Vampire can strike immortal fear into anyone who meets his eye. The mental assault not only causes great pain to the victim but also destroys their confidence with a -3 penalty to Strength, Brawl, Melee, Firearms, Perception, and Defense against Feeding. This power targets all within a large cone radius and lasts for 15 seconds per activation.)
Level 4: Chain the Psyche (Totally brand new power, The Vampire has learned to link the human pysche over a large location to one single conscience. In doing so grants him dominance over his victims' and can temporarily block all forms of thought. This discipline has been known to even affect supernaturals, however taking any action against the targets will end the effect prematurely.)

Level 5: Still toying with ideas but I think I am going to create a discipline called "Massacre" or something to that effect. It will be similiar to Mass Suicide except it doesn't kill the victims right away, they wonder around and start slowly dying. I might add a sound FX along with casting FX, something to the effect of a sinister laugh or someone whispering "Death"... Still playing with it.

Level 3 and 4 have completely brand new discipline FX and cast emitters, nothing you've seen before. Like for Tyrant's Gaze an evil eye icon appears over their head for the duration of the effect. I made it myself in photoshop and imported it in.

All I can say is.......... Camarilla Edition 1.2 is going to SMOKE anything you've seen so far! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dark Blessing
Neonate
Neonate
Dark Blessing

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Oh bro, I've been making some insane progress on Dominate, you won't even recognize the Discipline set when you see it. Here's the breakdown...

Level 1: Trance (Updated with new graphical effects)
Level 2: The Forgetful Mind (Now lasts 15 seconds instead of 10, new minor graphical effects, reduced target distance)
Level 3: Tyrant's Gaze (Totally brand new power, With just one glance the Vampire can strike immortal fear into anyone who meets his eye. The mental assault not only causes great pain to the victim but also destroys their confidence with a -3 penalty to Strength, Brawl, Melee, Firearms, Perception, and Defense against Feeding. This power targets all within a large cone radius and lasts for 15 seconds per activation.)
Level 4: Chain the Psyche (Totally brand new power, The Vampire has learned to link the human pysche over a large location to one single conscience. In doing so grants him dominance over his victims' and can temporarily block all forms of thought. This discipline has been known to even affect supernaturals, however taking any action against the targets will end the effect prematurely.)

Level 5: Still toying with ideas but I think I am going to create a discipline called "Massacre" or something to that effect. It will be similiar to Mass Suicide except it doesn't kill the victims right away, they wonder around and start slowly dying. I might add a sound FX along with casting FX, something to the effect of a sinister laugh or someone whispering "Death"... Still playing with it.

Level 3 and 4 have completely brand new discipline FX and cast emitters, nothing you've seen before. Like for Tyrant's Gaze an evil eye icon appears over their head for the duration of the effect. I made it myself in photoshop and imported it in.

All I can say is.......... Camarilla Edition 1.2 is going to SMOKE anything you've seen so far! cheers

That sounds intense man! Maybe for the level 5 power you can call it Disintegration or something, because the targets are slowly dying, like you said, definitely go with the sound effects though (only if you can find FX that work with the discipline), that would make everything just so much more immersive, well, more than it is already. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:52 am

Dark Blessing wrote:

That sounds intense man! Maybe for the level 5 power you can call it Disintegration or something, because the targets are slowly dying, like you said, definitely go with the sound effects though (only if you can find FX that work with the discipline), that would make everything just so much more immersive, well, more than it is already. Smile

Oh believe me if the sound FX or discipline effects don't seem like they would've been in the vanilla version or don't fit in any way, I won't put it in. Actually I found a TON of Oceanhouse sound FXs not used (Audio) that I'm thinking of putting in the Tier 5 Dominate power, they're creepy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Dark Blessing
Neonate
Neonate
Dark Blessing

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:27 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dark Blessing wrote:

Oh believe me if the sound FX or discipline effects don't seem like they would've been in the vanilla version or don't fit in any way, I won't put it in. Actually I found a TON of Oceanhouse sound FXs not used (Audio) that I'm thinking of putting in the Tier 5 Dominate power, they're creepy as hell.

Really? If they're spooky sounding that would work, whatever excess sounds you find, give them a try and see which one might potentially fit, the oddest one might work. I'm surprised you've found a ton of unused Oceanhouse FXs, use something from that if you can, believe it or not the Oceanhouse was one of the few times I jumped in my seat playing. bounce
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm

All the above sounds great Z ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:14 am

Maximus1 wrote:
All the above sounds great Z ! cheers

2 thumbs up! Man I can't wait til I finish CE 1.2, I'm taking a break after this, lol.
Back to top Go down
PhilK1988
Neonate
Neonate
PhilK1988

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 am

That sounds so awesome! You could also call the level 5 power "Mental Breakdown" because mental breakdowns normally occure after enough stress has accumulated to pass a certain treshhold. Well, mental breakdown doesn't exactly lead to death, but maybe you get what I wanna say :-)

EDIT: Do you already know when 1.2 will be released?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 pm

PhilK1988 wrote:
That sounds so awesome! You could also call the level 5 power "Mental Breakdown" because mental breakdowns normally occure after enough stress has accumulated to pass a certain treshhold. Well, mental breakdown doesn't exactly lead to death, but maybe you get what I wanna say :-)

EDIT: Do you already know when 1.2 will be released?

Unfortunately no, I wish I had a timetable on CE 1.2 release. I'm working on extremely advanced stuff this time and I'm cleaning up missed minor details from CE 1.1 such as updating the popup tutorials and the loading tips, and even updating the magical relics effects. Now that Blood Buff is a 5 Tier power just like Blood Heal it not only changes the strategy but also makes alot of those loading tips/popups inconsistant with the game.

Example: Tutorial Popup saying to use Brainwipe to kill the Sabbat Guard in the next room. Well there is no Brainwipe discipline anymore so I had to go through all 60 tutorial popups and change everything from the names to how much blood it costs to use. Very tedius but I want the loose ends left from CE 1.1 cleaned up in CE 1.2.

Not only that but I'm going to attempt to photoshop each and every armor icon for every new armor set we use so it looks like the actual armor set in the picture. That is going to take FOREVER but will be extremely solid and professional when it's done.

CE 1.2 will be very solid. I hope to release it between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Back to top Go down
PhilK1988
Neonate
Neonate
PhilK1988

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Wow, Zer0, that sounds awesome. Take as much time as needed :-) I didn't know that you're turning Blood Buff in a five tier power as well :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!   New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Male Gangrel Face, let me know what you think!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next