Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?

Go down 
+4
Jad.3
Eliza
Childe of Malkav
Shabutaro
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Yea basicly my question is if you can add levels for disciplines to level them to like 6 or 7 or sth like that.. if its possible maybe you can add a quest for unlocking 1 of your discilplines to lvl 6 or 7.. i think it would be really cool to get 1 ultimate discipline like you can morph into a bat like sherrif if you do the quest to get protean to lvl 6 or sth like that.. well dunno if its possible and how much work it would take but i would really love it^^

again sry for my bad english >>
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I don't know if it's even possible from a purely technical point of view.

But it would make the character even more overpowered, especially for a vampire this young.

Afaik for a vampire of a generation playable as a pc, it's impossible to get disciplines above level 5. But for this you have to ask someone with more knowledge on the lore and rules of vtm.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:32 pm

yea but maybe you can plot it like your the grandson of Cain or sth like that Very Happy but i wasent gettin high hopes, cuz i never saw any mod who could do that.. guess its either very hard or impossible to realize^^
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:11 am

If I remember correctly, the PC was supposed to be 13th generation. I think the developers simply tweaked the blood pool to support the heavy blood costs of the disciplines. They were tweaked, too; they work sometimes a lot different from the original P&P. But continuing here would take us far off topic.

And Daimon's right. Discipline levels above 5 are only for vampires with a really low generation. Each step you're closer to Caine 'unlocks' one more level you can theoretically learn.
And pushing the game so you have levels above 5 ... well ... the disciplines already are pretty powerful, even if tweaked by CE. You honestly don't need, let alone should have, anything that goes above this power. Really, only elders possess this stuff, and it took them centuries to push their discipline mastery this far. No way the PC could learn them in a few weeks or days. That'd be impossible even with a tutor. Well, with a tutor it would only be very, very close to impossible, I suspect, but it's close enough.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Shabutaro you're even more powerhungry than I am!
Guys above Smile are right; to stick to the rules, level 5 discipline is a limit. Though in p&p you can play 7th gen., but in Dark Ages Smile
Nevertheless CE sends you on a OP ride, so no need for more.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:43 am

dang.. i vote for bloodlines 2 with 3rd generation or sth^^ i want more power!! Razz But ok.. i dont know the WoD very well so i didn't know it was impossible.. but dang... i rly want a game with with lvl 6 discipline^^ cant anybody find a hole in the rules?^^
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 am

Technically second and third generations have no clan Laughing

The third generation have the clan founders, and the childer of each particular one is considered a member of the clan with the specific weakness. However most literature gives the third generations weaknesses AFTER they were embraced. Not a part of original vampirism. So the 4th generation are the first to be embraced into a clan.

As for 6th level disciplines and higher... only way I could think of it working in the engine is if it takes up two discipline slots. For example Dominate has 1 to 5, then a second Dominate discipline has dots above 5, a couple of level 6 and 7 disciplines probably.

The limitation on blood pool though may not make it worth it, if you have more than 15 BP then it won't show them on the bar properly and also the dots greater than 5 on any other trait wouldn't show on the character sheet... making them unpurchaseable.

I think it would only really be possible as an NPC thing, if only because the abilities it would take up and the stats that would be alterred.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 pm

damn.. i wanna be like the sherrif^^ flying through the night as a bat etc.^^ hrrmmph.. so i just need to find another way for me to power up Razz (yea i love it when i am able to be the fking most awesome dude in a game Razz)
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
flying through the night as a bat

Shame they didn't include the bat form of the Protean discipline. Then you could fly through the night, and most likely as a bat. Very Happy Now that would be cool.
(In the P&P game, the 4th level of Protean (correct me if I'm wrong) has actually two forms. Compare it to fight-or-flight: one form is a predator, the other a rather small animal which isn't strong but quick and difficult to catch. For everyone outside clan Gangrel learning Protean, those two formes are fixed to wolf and bat. For Gangrel, however ... it's isn't unheard that some of them display a difference from these standards, but it's still always the fight-and-flight combination. Now I hope that was correct...)
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:50 pm

I believe in the ghoul book it expands on that Gangrel can assume any shape though they usually settle on favourite forms as the vampiric condition calcifies their personalities and makes them static, whilst those outside the clan can only seemingly assume a form of bat and wolf. There was an experiment done upon a chatterling essentially where she was not exposed to anything resembling a bat or a wolf during her growing, once she was embraced (for scientific purposes) and taught protean to an acceptable level. She immediately assumed the form of a wolf and then a bat. She didn't know what they were, but she couldn't change into anything else!

Also the Chiroptean Marauder isn't a pretean form, it's vicissitude Smile

Found it two days ago looking through the sabbat guidebook and went "Hello batty!"
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:11 am

8people wrote:
Also the Chiroptean Marauder isn't a pretean form, it's vicissitude Smile

Found it two days ago looking through the sabbat guidebook and went "Hello batty!"

It's been theorized on other forums I've read that the Sheriff isn't Gangrel; he's actually an African bloodline called a Nagloper. They have Animalism, Auspex, and Vicissitude. That's why he has that BHB ("Big Honkin' Bat") form. Smile

But Shabutaro, I would not want to be the Sheriff. He's not the "fking most awesome dude in the game"... YOU are. That's why you kick his ass in the last battle.

PS - I guess Childe of Malkav or Zer0Morph could look in the game and see what clan the Sheriff is... hint hint. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 am

PGM1961 wrote:

But Shabutaro, I would not want to be the Sheriff. He's not the "fking most awesome dude in the game"... YOU are. That's why you kick his ass in the last battle.

Yea thats true but.. whats more awesome than turning into some badass lookin bat? And with a cool name, too? Chiroptean Marauder sounds sooo badass^^ even if i kill him.. in skills he is more awesome than i am ^^ i am just an ugly strange creature which looks like it just got out of water ><
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
i am just an ugly strange creature which looks like it just got out of water ><
But we still love you!
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:46 pm

thx^^ but can you change the model of the protean transformation into something cooler?^^
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:19 pm

Yup, Sheriff is a Nagloper, the prince even met him in Africa, I believe there are also a couple of references to him being an african bloodline in game but can't remember specifics.

Can't wait to be playing the game again. Have been setting up my external hard drive and some code to have four installations of bloodlines in one place just to be prepared bounce
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 pm

8people... I believe you are addicted to the game. Sweet Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 am

why he have 4? same reason i got 4 i guess^^ 1 for CE, 1 for CQM and 1 for TFN and 1 clean to copy (so u don't need to install it again and again)
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Clean copy, CE, TFN and a personal playground. I'd started digging into game files before needing to relocate Bloodlines to the external drive. Unfortunately haven't had a proper chance to play (with) it since moving it as have been rather unwell in the interrim.

Have been making do with trying to crack problems on engines I am MUCH more familiar with Smile
Some tasks really should be in the code somewhere obvious I think. scratch
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Yep, clean copy, CE, TFNalpha Very Happy , and working platform for new CE features. Plus an unpacked version, and sometimes other patches/mods for testing.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:10 pm

DAMN YOU! i want TFN Alpha, too! i would kill for it! WAARGH i go crazy now!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 pm

For that you have to edit dialoguge files until you're ready to throw your computer out of the 7 Windows Exclamation

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:47 pm

LOL @ Malkav!!

Whispers "Hey, I'll sell you a copy for $5"
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
LOL @ Malkav!!

Whispers "Hey, I'll sell you a copy for $5"

[visualizes a shady character in a trenchcoat, who opens it to reveal the mods inside.]

Zer0Morph - "Pssst!! Hey buddy! Wanna buy a bootleg mod?"
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am

A bootleg mod?!

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:09 pm

PGM1961 wrote:

[visualizes a shady character in a trenchcoat, who opens it to reveal the mods inside.]

Zer0Morph - "Pssst!! Hey buddy! Wanna buy a bootleg mod?"

Let's just hope he's wearing clothes under that trenchcoat, HAHA!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?    Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible? more than lvl 5 discilpline?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: