Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tutorial Lockpicking

Go down 
+2
Eliza
Nezumi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

Tutorial Lockpicking Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 am

Not sure if this have been addressed in the most recent mod but I'm a stickler for getting everything I can for free so I always play through the tutorial for the lockpick. The problem with this is that you must either add a point to lockpicking or bloodbuff to get through the locked door. I was wondering if it was a all possible to add a temporary boost to lockpicking/bloodbuff for the tutorial or simply lower the difficulty of the lock? If you have to improve the stat you could always use a temporary item that you drop at the end. Anyway, just a simple complaint/thing that bugs me...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 am

Well, as I understand it, you have to use blood buff for lockpicking because it's the Tutorial. I know it's really annoying to have to do the whole thing at every start of the game if you want the lockpick and the 2 XP, but even though there's a mod to skip it, I'm almost sure it doesn't work with CE.
Anyway, back to topic, it's the tutorial. You are supposed to try the functions out to get familiar with the controls and disciplines and all this stuff. If you run low on blood and fail one of the tutorial assingments, the game replenishes your blood pool automatically. I don't think there should be anything changed. I mean, there is the possibility to skip it, so if you're bored, do skip. And use a cheat code to get the lockpick and XP if it really bothers you not to have them. Just pretend you went through the whole thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Nezumi wrote:
Not sure if this have been addressed in the most recent mod but I'm a stickler for getting everything I can for free so I always play through the tutorial for the lockpick. The problem with this is that you must either add a point to lockpicking or bloodbuff to get through the locked door. I was wondering if it was a all possible to add a temporary boost to lockpicking/bloodbuff for the tutorial or simply lower the difficulty of the lock? If you have to improve the stat you could always use a temporary item that you drop at the end. Anyway, just a simple complaint/thing that bugs me...

Which version of CE are you playing? Because in CE 1.2 (and I assume higher versions) I lowered the lockpicking required for the door before the disciplines portion of the tutorial. The vanilla game has lockpicking set to 3 but because CE 1.2 made Bloodbuff an upgradable discipline, the door was changed to 2 instead. That way you didn't need to put a point in lockpicking or Bloodbuff to get through it.

I would double check that door because it should be set to 2, and if it is then all you need to get through it is use Bloodbuff which will give you 1 + 1 = 2 enough to get through it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 am

Zero: Hmm, I thought I ran into the problem with version 1.3.. Oh well I'll test it out again when i get a few spare hours and get back to you.

Eliza: I knew you needed bloodbuff but i was having the problem that level 1 bloodbuff and level 1 lock picking wasn't enough, due to a difficulty 3 on the lock.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes, my bad. I suppose I read something wrong... damn school, it makes me tired. Sleep

But with CE 1.4, this problem shouldn't arise. I remember having put one point in security and being able to lockpick the door without ever using blood buff. And even if I'm tired now, too, I'm fairly sure of that. Really.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:12 pm

In CE 1.4 this door is set to difficulty 2. So you can do it without any trouble. The same goes for 1.2, and 1.3. Looks like you have the wrong map file.
You are playing the real Camarilla Edition and not one of those faked compilation mods? They can create any kind of weird stuff. But I don't give a damn about them.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 am

Alright I've installed the 1.4 patch and it's no longer a problem. No idea why it was occuring before maybe I wasn't as up to date with the patches as I thought..
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:16 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You are playing the real Camarilla Edition and not one of those faked compilation mods? They can create any kind of weird stuff. But I don't give a damn about them.

- geek

I forgot about that. Now that we have those imposter compilation mods floating around we need to ask users if they have the REAL CE installed or one of the fakes. We need to thank Burgermeister and Xatmos for that. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Could always include in the manual and a sticky on the forum that compilation mods aren't supported on the TCI forum. Perhaps a checklist that's pinned with common issues (such as hotkeys) and fixes and details that help troubleshooting - such as installation order and if the error occured after reloading or in the original version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm

8people, I don't think this would help. Nobody reads manuals, readme files, or FAQs. Mad
Making them is just a waste of developer's time and memoryspace No

Zer0, I don't think Burgermeister is to be included when talking about impostor compilations. He does a solid job, and he has contacted me, and asked for permission to include CE 1.4.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:01 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0, I don't think Burgermeister is to be included when talking about impostor compilations. He does a solid job, and he has contacted me, and asked for permission to include CE 1.4.

- geek

Fair enough...
Back to top Go down
Steven543
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:46 am

Nezumi wrote:
Alright I've installed the 1.4 patch and it's no longer a problem.  No idea why it was occuring before maybe I wasn't as up to date with the patches as I thought..

I had the same problem, very weird. Now it's solved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lockpickcenter.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Lockpicking   Tutorial Lockpicking Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial Lockpicking
Page 1 of 1