Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tutorial Demo (with pictures)

Go down 
+5
z.o.o.
Shabutaro
Childe of Malkav
OuiYepp
Zer0Morph
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Tutorial Demo (with pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Alright guys, I'm wrapping up the new tutorial and I'm so excited that I wanted to share the excitement! I won't go into the little details but everything has been changed over to meet the new clans, from dialogue to popup events, all the way down to the discipline icons and special dialogue.

Check out these pictures!

Every clan has been swapped over to the new discipline huds and descriptions
Tutorial Demo (with pictures) Svqfjq

I changed Domination over to Serpentis with full sound and particle effects. Because I made the Serpentis text green I went ahead and remade the Intimidation text Red to replace the old Dominate color. The fonts remained the same however though we can change if we wish.
Tutorial Demo (with pictures) 8wmavr

I know I already posted this picture but because it fit into this post I thought I'd repost it again. Pretty self explanatory and a great addition to the tutorial in my opinion.
Tutorial Demo (with pictures) 149a32e
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
OuiYepp
Neonate
Neonate
OuiYepp

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Very excellent indeed.

Will serpentis be used in new dialogue? As in; will serpentis simply replace dominate in all the dominate situations throughout the game, or will there be new events created for the use of serpentis?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 pm

That's a good question so I'm glad you asked. The stage of the game we're (Malkav and I) are working on right now is getting all of the dialogue changed over for the new clans. Things like removing Malkavian lines, swapping Domination out for Dementation (Serpentis), getting rid of the Plus Patch features that Wesp put in, etc...

Once we get everything transitioned then we can really start getting creative with Serpentis, Seduction, Intimidation, and Persuasion. I even have some ideas of incorporating Obeah into the rare instances that you can "Heal" an NPC of physical or mental wounds/distress for xtra XP.

Oh the ideas are limitless with these 7 new clans! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Well Animalism isn't in TFN so no, you won't see that displayed in the tutorial however, other disciplines used in the tutorial that aren't combat oriented will have that message at the bottom yes.

Yes I know Animal Succulence is a >5 dot discipline. In fact many of the "remade" discplines were but I used them to make the game more fun.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:49 am

@Daimon: TFN is "The Final Nights", the name of Zer0's new project discussed in this topic.

@Zer0: Can you find a more "snakelike" font for serpentis? Perhaps even the old malkavian font?
And for intimidation I think using capitals would make for better readability than bold face.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:31 am

@ Malk: hmm?? the font looks like a snake in my eyes^^ what you want to change there?

Zer0.. i.. really... hmm.. hate you.. I TOLD YA... with every post you make you make my day longer and i can't get to sleep cuz i wanna play TFN! WOAARGH i wanna play i wanna play i wanna play i wanna play.. its just the 24th of September.. more than a month with 2 hours sleep a day is gonna be hard^^

But really nice work you did there Smile i really can't wait to play TFN and test all of your masterwork Smile
Back to top Go down
OuiYepp
Neonate
Neonate
OuiYepp

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:02 am

I might have really bad eyes, but I have always found the malkavian font really hard to read. It slowed down my "flow" when I sat and had to spend a few seconds extra for every line, figuring out what it said. So I am all up for a special font for serpentis, I just hope that it is a bit more easy on the eyes than the malkavian font.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
@Zer0: Can you find a more "snakelike" font for serpentis? Perhaps even the old malkavian font?
And for intimidation I think using capitals would make for better readability than bold face.

Originally I wanted something cursive for Serpentis, but the Seduction font is the only usable cursive font available and I'd rather keep Seduction how it is.

The other 2 options are the Dominate and Dementation fonts. See the problem are the blood dots in the text. Whenever you use a discipline it displays what level (dots) it is and how much blood it will cost. Well the Dominate and Dementation fonts are the only 2 fonts that support the dots, any other font will create a funky hallow square because it doesn't register right.

So, if I were to use the old Malkavian font, then those funky squares would come back, plus I think the Dominate font looks more Snakish than the crazy Malk font does. Don't you?

For Intimidation, I'm very limited here, again I have to use one of the fonts Troika provided with the game so I just left Intimidation the same as vanilla but gave it a new color.

Shabutaro wrote:
@ Malk: hmm?? the font looks like a snake in my eyes^^ what you want to change there?

Zer0.. i.. really... hmm.. hate you.. I TOLD YA... with every post you make you make my day longer and i can't get to sleep cuz i wanna play TFN! WOAARGH i wanna play i wanna play i wanna play i wanna play.. its just the 24th of September.. more than a month with 2 hours sleep a day is gonna be hard^^

But really nice work you did there Smile i really can't wait to play TFN and test all of your masterwork Smile

I love your posts Shabutaro! You really bring the love to the point where I think of you when I grow weak and weary and want to call it a night, and it inspires me to put an extra hour of work into what I'm doing, just for you man! Smile

OuiYepp wrote:
I might have really bad eyes, but I have always found the malkavian font really hard to read. It slowed down my "flow" when I sat and had to spend a few seconds extra for every line, figuring out what it said. So I am all up for a special font for serpentis, I just hope that it is a bit more easy on the eyes than the malkavian font.

Sorry Malkav but I have to agree with OuiYepp here, the old Malk font is hard for me to read too and doesn't seem very Serpentis to me. (plus the funky square boxes problem occurs when using it)
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

Shabutaro wrote:

I love your posts Shabutaro! You really bring the love to the point where I think of you when I grow weak and weary and want to call it a night, and it inspires me to put an extra hour of work into what I'm doing, just for you man! Smile

Wow what an honor! Just because of me *sniff* so now i am 150% sure that TFN will be the best and coolest mod ever created for vtmb! maybe i will take some sleeping pills to sleep till the 30th October @ 11.55 pm.. than i just have to wait 5 more minutes Smile no.. bad idea.. i need to go to 11.59.59 pm.. else i would be dieing cuz of 5 minutes waiting time ^^ there really is no mod that can compete with TFN even if its not completed and still imperfect. if TFN download is accessible i will use all my mighty 3 MB/sec to get it asap and play it through.. i am goin to prepare some energy drinks for Halloween Smile
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:12 pm

What's this? Did I just wake up in an alternate universe? 'Cause it looks like I'm staring at official Troika DLC.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:33 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
What's this? Did I just wake up in an alternate universe? 'Cause it looks like I'm staring at official Troika DLC.

Zero is that good. Tutorial Demo (with pictures) Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

That's exactly what he's doing, honey. Tutorial Demo (with pictures) Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
OuiYepp
Neonate
Neonate
OuiYepp

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 am

Quote :

I mean everything. The maps, the story, the characters, the models, all from scratch. Well, the gameplay would be almost the same. This is just an add-clan mod right?

If it was possible, maybe he could. But the game has limitations, since it doesnt feature a toolset or editor. It is impossible for modders to add new maps to the game, I belive. I think that this mod probably is the most drastic in terms of changed and new content that we will see for this game. Clan quest mod has succeeded in creating new content as well, but it has the same limitations as Zero has to face.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 pm

You haven't read up on the engine much, have you? Laughing Most of it is locked tighter than a chastity belt. Maps are impossible so far, and the project to revert Bloodlines to the stable and more popular version of the engine to make it possible is at a snails crawl from what I've seen.

Zer0 has already achieved a hell of a lot more than most people envisioned possible for the game.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Daimon wrote:
If he could somehow create one, or be able to surpass those limitations, he is a god among modders.

I was almost offended by what you've been saying until I saw your age and realized you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:35 pm

"Just" an add-clan mod... yeah, right.
Before I saw TFN with my own eyes, I took for granted that disciplines can't be changed, remade or whatever.
So kneel before Zer0!
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Actually new maps are possible to add.I found this on mod db(modding site), brand new area in downtown district of Antitribu mode http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/videos/samedi-new-map#imagebox .
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, this so called "new map" is just the crackhouse redecorated. It probably was a lot of work to rearrange all the furniture, but it's not really new.

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Was impressive, but I recognised it right away.

Was impressed that they added a door in though, looked rather out of place but I guess that was new texture to get it working instead of a seaming one.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:33 am

srle wrote:
Actually new maps are possible to add.I found this on mod db(modding site), brand new area in downtown district of Antitribu mode http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/videos/samedi-new-map#imagebox .

The effect of melding into the floor while being camoflauged is praiseworthy, however, it is incomplete. If Samedi (or any other character) were to use the aforementioned effect as the first half of a larger evasive maneuver with the last half consisting of The Sheriff's teleporting to the player character's posterior, then it would be invaluable. The confined space (I would prefer Bishop Vic's boss fight level over the crackhouse lobby) would negate the "run around game" the PC can play with The Sheriff on the top floor of Ventrue Tower, making this complete effect a formidable one.

The door to the reused crack house map is a superb idea, but only if it doesn't negate the original crack house. I've been waiting years for someone to do this with the placeholder door textures which line the dirt corridor passed the comprimised cinder block wall, across the parking lot from the Empire Hotel in the Downtown hub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Demo (with pictures)   Tutorial Demo (with pictures) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial Demo (with pictures)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: