Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okay, I'm calling uncle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

Okay, I'm calling uncle Empty
PostSubject: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 pm

So, wanted to finally play VtM:B with a Malk and decided to try out CE 1.4 at the same time. And I can't seem to get the darn thing to play. I'm using Steam to play the game, and I'm getting the evil ,"You have 15 less MB" message, which I thought was taken care of with Wesp's 7.0 patch. Which was included in CE 1.4, right? Help?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Make sure the mod is installed to the same path as your game. The default destination is the directory created from installing the game from CD, not digital distribution.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:11 pm

I've tried installing it twice (well, if you call downloading the .zip file and copying it into the spot), and here's where I sent them.

My computer > OS > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > vampires the masquerade: bloodlines

And this is all before I asked for help, so I'm still stuck.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Well, I solved my problem simply by going to a different download site that had the mod in a .exe file instead. ...YAY! cheers And now to enjoy the game!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:32 pm

simison wrote:
Well, I solved my problem simply by going to a different download site that had the mod in a .exe file instead. ...YAY! cheers And now to enjoy the game!
If your first download was a zip, the you got only the patch, and not the full version. You'll want to have both.
But where did you get a download link that only had the zip, and not both or only the exe?

- geek
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:04 pm

I tried using the download at filefront, then tried the download at ModDB.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Awesome to hear that a different location fixed the problem!! You're really going to enjoy CE 1.4, that's for sure!

Malkav,

Do we need to look at the filefront download location for a possible corrupted file? Or was it indeed just the patch he was using?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MoreGun89
Fledgling
Fledgling
MoreGun89

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Look at the one on FileFront and update it with the same version placed on ModDB, I had issues with it too, the installer refused to run.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 pm

You too?

I need to find time to download CE 1.4 from Filefront and give it a go, see if it is corrupted for me as well.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

OK,
I have looked into the download at filefront, and I'm pretty sure what went wrong. I have uploaded the file as "Camarilla Edition 1.4.exe" So when you download it, it is saved on your computer as "CamarillaEdition1.4" and the computer doesn't know what to make of the file ending .4
Simply renaming the file by adding .exe to the filename should do the trick.
(I'll try a download over night, and test the matter, but that will take a bit of time Sleep )

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

If you have downloaded from Patches scrolls or their filefront mirror, the exe is packed in a zip archive. Then you first have to unpack the exe from the archive to any neutral directory and start the exe from there.
The strategy informer download is ok, too. But both, Patches scrolls and strategy informer don't have the patch.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, I'm calling uncle   Okay, I'm calling uncle Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay, I'm calling uncle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: