Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kindred: The Embraced

Go down 
+4
Zer0Morph
Claudia
PGM1961
Klahera
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Klahera
Neonate
Neonate
Klahera

Kindred: The Embraced Empty
PostSubject: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 am

So what do you guys think of the mini serie?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Moniek50
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am

I liked it! I have it on DVD. It had flaws, of course; and it wasn't too loyal to the source material; but you have to make allowances when they translate a book (or PnP game) into movie or TV. They didn't have a huge budget, so the special effects of Tremere magic would've been hard to pull off; and Malkavians would be hard to explain to non-gamers; so they left those two out. However, they left the door open for other stuff to be introduced later.

FOX (bastards) cancelled it, just like they did Firefly (I guess FOX doesn't know a good TV show if it bites them on the ass... but I'm not bitter or anything Smile ). But Showtime was in talks to pick it up for cable, when the lead actor died in a motorcycle accident and that ended it. Sad.

'True Blood' lets the sex get in the way of the storytelling, although the books it's based on aren't bad. That 'Vampire Diaries' may as well be named 'Twilight 90210', since it's all about the angst and melodrama of vampire/human romance. I had hopes for 'The Gates', since it has Rhona Mitra (Underworld 3) as a vampire; but that show is basically 'Desperate Housevampires', like I joked about in another thread.

Dammit, we need some good vampire shows on TV!!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:43 am

So early 90's...

Too bad the guy died ! and too bad the clans malkavian and tremere do not exist ^^'
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 am

I've never seen Kindred: The Embraced but I'd like to check it out. Probably the ONLY good Vampire show that ever kept my interest was the 1990's show called Dracula: The Series. It only aired 21 episodes but it was a really fun Vamp show, cheesy but super fun.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
blacktrench
Neonate
Neonate
blacktrench

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:35 pm

I have the DVD set as well as to a good vampire tv series it is virtually nonexistent atm; at least not that I have seen. If you want bad though I have a bazillion suggestions What a Face
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Never have I seen this show, I'll have to find it and watch it somehow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Kindred: The Embraced is the greatest stupidest bullshit I have ever seen. The creators should be neutered, then cut into four pieces, burned and ashes sent to different corners of the multiverse.
And if someone compares that abomination to Firefly, I WILL kill him.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Kindred: The Embraced is the greatest stupidest bullshit I have ever seen. The creators should be neutered, then cut into four pieces, burned and ashes sent to different corners of the multiverse.

Don't be shy, Jad! Tell us your real opinion! lol!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:43 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

Don't be shy, Jad! Tell us your real opinion! lol!

Wow! Now that was some rage right there, were you frenzying when you wrote that? LOL pirat
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
nocturne.haarlem
Neonate
Neonate
nocturne.haarlem

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:07 am

Jad.3 wrote:

Now that you said it, Firefly does come up when you want to compare this serie! Surprised Razz
Back to top Go down
http://nocturnehaarlem.nl/
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 pm

That was a threat to PGM. And I am frenzying just thinking of... that... It's so bad it's insulting.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Don't worry; I'm not about to compare the two.

KtE is a guilty pleasure... I know it's cheesy, but I still like it.

Firefly is... genius. There is a special place in hell for the FOX executives that cancelled it... right next to child molesters, and people who talk at the theater. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 pm

So this is my kind of party after all!
You're excused Wink

KtE was just too much to bear. I like True Blood. I see it is a lot alike the "T" movies, but all the killing, f***ing and blooood make it special. Though part 7 of the first serie makes me sick every time I watch it when I get home at night ..."enlightened", but that scene in third series with head-backwards-sex is sooo hilarious Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kindred: The Embraced   Kindred: The Embraced Empty

Back to top Go down

Kindred: The Embraced
Page 1 of 1