Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?

Go down 
+8
Feral
Klahera
8people
Celsius
ThePhilosopher
Shabutaro
simison
PGM1961
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:34 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
8people wrote:
Have you played Eve or some of the rarer social MMOs?

No, my main MMO experience is with City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Startrek Online, Everquest 2, and Star Wars Galaxies. I've heard some interesting things about Eve Online, like it is an aquired MMO. I've heard most people either Love it or HATE it, and that it was very slow, boring, and took forever to get powerful. I don't like boring but I do like slow and it takes forever to get powerful.

Is Eve Online something I need to look further into? Also isn't CCP the creators of Eve?

Yes. I have not played it, but I hear that it is a 'sandbox'-oriented game; i.e. everything is player driven. It is a very social game, which is good, because that's what WOD needs to be, too. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for combat, but the ones who join up and gather influence will be the ones in charge... or the ones poised to take over. hehehehe
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:48 am

CCP created Eve, it's very player driven and from what I've seen of the combat (helped friends on it, but couldn't pay for it myself, had better things to waste money on!) it's more opportunistic. You won't want to damage your fleet by taking on other ships but if a combat started the people flying nearby would often join in to quote a friend "Ooh! They're ganging up on that destroyer, I'm so joining in!"

There are territories which belong to specific groups which you are expected to defend - similar to what a Sheriff or Scourge would be expected to do, how they did it would depend if the Prince ordered outright slaughter or interaction with the potential criminal.

CCP were chosen due to their approach with EVE, what will be interesting to see is how skills are managed. People often joke that Eve is the game that rewards you for not playing it. You select skills to improve, then they improve in real time. So you log off, have a nap and come back later to see how its doing. Perhaps there will be specific study areas for certain skills you need to track down?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 am

Sounds like Eve is a bit different than many other MMOs without that grind level grind theory. Maybe WOD will be different and if that's the case, might even be worth playing for a long period of time. I'll have to judge as time gets closer, but until then I think CE/TFN are the next best thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Sounds like Eve is a bit different than many other MMOs without that grind level grind theory. Maybe WOD will be different and if that's the case, might even be worth playing for a long period of time. I'll have to judge as time gets closer, but until then I think CE/TFN are the next best thing. Smile

Yes, yes, yes! CE/TFN all the way.
Back to top Go down
nocturne.haarlem
Neonate
Neonate
nocturne.haarlem

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

8people wrote:
CCP created Eve, it's very player driven and from what I've seen of the combat (helped friends on it, but couldn't pay for it myself, had better things to waste money on!) it's more opportunistic. You won't want to damage your fleet by taking on other ships but if a combat started the people flying nearby would often join in to quote a friend "Ooh! They're ganging up on that destroyer, I'm so joining in!"

Hmm, the opportunistic touch is something really vampire like i would say! Smile

8people wrote:
There are territories which belong to specific groups which you are expected to defend - similar to what a Sheriff or Scourge would be expected to do, how they did it would depend if the Prince ordered outright slaughter or interaction with the potential criminal.

It would be fun if one player from a group (randomly/selectively picked) gets to be prince for a while until the city will be taken from him by another group who'll need to fight their way through the group of the prince.
Warhammer online or another MMO has i think something like that in their game, right?

8people wrote:
CCP were chosen due to their approach with EVE, what will be interesting to see is how skills are managed. People often joke that Eve is the game that rewards you for not playing it. You select skills to improve, then they improve in real time. So you log off, have a nap and come back later to see how its doing. Perhaps there will be specific study areas for certain skills you need to track down?

Sounds like a valid idea for non-combative skills and so forth...but for combat related ones, i do not know.

Anyway, i really hope the WOD MMO won't be filled with quests which goes something like "collect 14 vials of blood by killing vampire group A for the venerable Ancilla Dickie Dave". One or two of those missions is OK, but i really hated WOW for giving you those quests constantly!!

Back to top Go down
http://nocturnehaarlem.nl/
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 am

8people wrote:

They were not chosen. CCP bought White Wolf XD

However, yes, in Eve Online you don't need to be always playing it, your character improves alone ; timing and stuff Wink

The next huge good MMO of the next generation (as WoW is retreating) will be the one about StarWars (our guys had made already bioshock and mass effect.. that's some hell of a technology and next step towards gaming experience)
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="Claudia"]
8people wrote:

They were not chosen. CCP bought White Wolf XD

However, yes, in Eve Online you don't need to be always playing it, your character improves alone ; timing and stuff Wink

She's right. CCP said they acquired White Wolf to, quote, "have more control of the source material" for the game. I guess that means so they wouldn't have to constantly argue with another company about what features to include/exclude from the PnP game(s).

Haven't played EVE Online, but what I've heard gives me hope that the WODMMO will be good.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:39 pm

It was a 'soft' merger, with CCP taking control overall.

Warhammer Online I don't believe has territory wars, but there are neutral grounds in each map where there is a capture the flag styled scenario where it's all PVP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?   WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WODMMO - What do you want/not want to see?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: