Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missing Mark on the Map

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Missing Mark on the Map Empty
PostSubject: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 pm

I just freed Barabus, and I got the call from Gary afterwards. He said he would draw a map for me (which seems odd threw the phone, but oh, well!) but every time I get to the map in the sewers (I'm a Nosferatu), the Giovanni Mansion's not on there. That's currently the only do-able quest for me, yet I can't... do it. Is there any way to fix this glitch? Oh - and I did the stupid mistake of clearing my saved games whittled down to 4 or 5 of the newest saved games. So I can't go back to the save before freeing Barabus. I'd much prefer /not to/ have to redo the whole game. Especially since I've racked up 83 free EXP points I've been holding on to until I find the best slots to put them into.

And one more minor detail: I never talked back to Gary, yet I haven't gotten the Nosferatu haven from him. I guess the part just after freeing Barabus is a bit screwed up right now.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:36 pm

I just got done playing a Nosferatu, and the good news is that the latest patch (patch 2) will fix these problems.

The bad news is, you'll have to start over... at least back to before Los Angeles, if you want the sewer haven. After you arrive in Los Angeles, Bertram sends you an email, and if you do both of his quests you get the sewer haven.

Installing the patch may fix the phone call problem and let you do the Giovanni quest, but I don't know if you can use saved games after the patch. I just started over.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Well, I started having issues with the game crashing, so I'm reinstalling it fresh, anyway. I'll install the new patch and just try to do a run through as fast as I can to get to the same spot. I got a screenshot of 81 points of free experience, which is good enough for me to be proud of! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
I just got done playing a Nosferatu, and the good news is that the latest patch (patch 2) will fix these problems.

The bad news is, you'll have to start over... at least back to before Los Angeles, if you want the sewer haven. After you arrive in Los Angeles, Bertram sends you an email, and if you do both of his quests you get the sewer haven.
Actually you don't need to go back that far. If you didn't get the sewer haven from Bertram, Gary will still offer it.

PGM1961 wrote:
Installing the patch may fix the phone call problem and let you do the Giovanni quest, but I don't know if you can use saved games after the patch. I just started over.
I haven't tested this, but the only possible problem is the Santa Monica map file. If you use an old save file after installing the patch, you might get the "frozen pedestrians" problem there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:

Actually you don't need to go back that far. If you didn't get the sewer haven from Bertram, Gary will still offer it.
- geek

He's at the Fu Syndicate building, and he said he only has a few recent saved games (none before saving Barabus). Gary said he'd 'draw him a map', but the Giovanni mansion isn't on his sewer map. So he can't go forward or back.

I got to this same point playing a Nos, before I DL'd the patch; and if Gary hadn't offered me the sewer haven by the end of Chinatown, when exactly was he going to get around to it? After beating the Sheriff?

It's a moot point anyway... he's reinstalling it fresh.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:57 am

Yeah, I already reinstalled, deleted all of the old files, added the full & new patch, and have begun anew. I've flown threw the whole first part in Santa Monica - side quests and all - as well as already got as far as the Nosferatu Haven from Bertram, in one day. Because I got the Haven... I'm already content enough to stop speeding along. Also, I'm not deleting ANY of my saves, now. I don't care if it's cluttered... They are staying so that I don't have one of the multitude of issues I've had in the past, only to find out I deleted the save that would bring me back far enough to do it again and hopefully avoid the glitch. Cleanliness, in these cases, has never helped me.

Oh, and also... why is it that I got the Haven from Bertram very soon after starting in Downtown? I had never even known that I could get it from him until the e-mail he sent me basically saying it was mine for the taking. Is there something in specific that I did in the game to make him give it to me?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:10 am

A lot of people thought it was unfair that you didn't get the Nos haven until after Hollywood. So it was changed. That's all. It just didn't work quite right at first, until it was patched.

Glad you got things straightened out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing Mark on the Map   Missing Mark on the Map Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing Mark on the Map
Page 1 of 1