Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unreal Development Kit and new projects

Go down 
AuthorMessage
staticvoidlol
Fledgling
Fledgling

Unreal Development Kit and new projects Empty
PostSubject: Unreal Development Kit and new projects   Unreal Development Kit and new projects EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:00 am

Hi All,

First off, I'd just like to say that I think it's amazing what the VTMB modding community has done so far. Kudos to you all.
Secondly - I hope it is appropriate to post something like this here?

On to the subject at hand: As you all probably know, The Unreal Development Kit has been publicly available for quite some time now (and apologies if this has been asked before), but have any of you considered creating something completely new with it?

I've been playing around with it for a few months now, and seeing that I'm absolutely obsessed with all that was VTM, all that I've done so far is based on the idea that I'll create a tribute/ripoff (whichever you prefer) to/of its awesomeness.

What I've done so far is pretty basic, but functional:

1) Coded a stats system which governs character speed, jump distance, maximum health and time dilation.
2) Level design stuff. It's really simple to make doors, elevators, snow/rain etc.
3) Downloaded some free 3d weapon models and then rigged them, animated them and added/altered some code to make them behave in-game like I want them to. (Melee, ranged and magic type weapons)
BTW, I'm using Blender 2.54 to manage my 3d assets and Audacity for the sounds, so no expensive apps required.

So if any of you are interested in starting something new along these lines, please feel free to discuss/PM me.

Keep up the good work!

Back to top Go down

Unreal Development Kit and new projects
Page 1 of 1