Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running as an Administrator and other issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sahkra
Fledgling
Fledgling

Running as an Administrator and other issues Empty
PostSubject: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey,

I've come back to this after a while off and can't remember exactly what I'd done with mods previously. All I know is that I can play the game 2 ways:

If I run in administrator mode the loading screen is totally normal and fallen objects sparkle rainbow.

If I run without administrator mode the loading screen has a Silent Masqu banner and objects sparkle blue.

Both ways of running the game had mutually exclusive save files for some reason. I don't know if Silent Masqu is included with C.E., either. I couldn't figure out for the life of me which version was intended with C.E., so I uninstalled VtM:B CE 1.2 with the intention of doing a clean install. I selected "yes" when asked if I wanted to remove all save files, etc.

So anyways, I power up the game and all the save files are still there (...?) and I had even manually deleted everything left over in the program files folder after the uninstall. I test the difference between Administrator and regular, and the same crap happens from before.

How can I figure out what the hell is intended with C.E. and what should I do? Haha.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 am

Is there a separate administrator profile on the computer? Or is it just yours?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I assume you are running Windows 7 then?

Silent Masqu doesn't come with CE, any version, and I've personally never tested to see if SM is compatible with CE. You may want to try removing Bloodlines completely, reinstall it and apply CE only. If that works, then apply SM over it to see if it breaks.

Also, I wouldn't use any old saved games after applying these mods, they could cause issues.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I had tried silent masqu with CE (1.3 I think), but I have thrown it out soon. I'm not sure anymore if I only didn't like it, or if there was real trouble.
So if your diskspace allows for it, better make a copy of the bloodlines folder after a fresh install, and install your mods on this copy. Then you can test any mods you like, and if it doesn't work, or you don't like it, just throw it away, make a new copy, and try something else. This will save the time needed for completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game when you want to try a different mod.

- geek
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 pm

if you use Windows 7 you have to run it in kompability mode xp(worked for me)
you find it in proporties/kompability
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running as an Administrator and other issues   Running as an Administrator and other issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Running as an Administrator and other issues
Page 1 of 1