Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....

Go down 
+2
Zer0Morph
Feral
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:35 am

Not to criticize, but there is TFN forum a little below.. Twisted Evil

I would also like to see Strauss' reaction to a Salubri or an Assamite, but that would require a lot of voice acting, I'm afraid... Unless you could imitate the orginal voice actor. That would be nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 am

I moved this to the TFN section.

I've thought about Strauss and his reaction to the Salubri and Assamite and haven't decided how I want to handle that. I agree that something should be done however. In all reality, I doubt Strauss would even want to associate or communicate with the Salubri at all, let alone have them in his Chantry.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:43 am

I'm not that much into oWoD lore, but maybe you can ask Burgermeister01 if you can use his voice actor for Strauss. And then of course you have to make sure if the voice actor himself would like to participate Smile
You can also try to voice-sculpt dialogues as Dheu did for his compmod.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:58 pm

I think Strauss would interact. Don't forget, he is behind a few things in LA. He is a schemo. He would play along, but set things to get the PC killed sooner or later. Maybe give an artifact that will make you weaker, not stronger, against the Gargyole? Or run your ass into some Sabbat? Or make dear Sebastian mad at you? Nothing overt, he is too smart for that; after all you are adopted Childe of the Prince in the game. For an Assamite, Reagent may do the same, plus make the prince treat you as a potential diablerist at best. But I think he would rather use an asset. Namely you Suspect With the Salubri, howewer, the Tremere policy is crystal clear: kill them all. Without getting yours hands dirty of course: a little accident, Sabbat war party, getting a suntan, whatever.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

The only way that he'd know what clan you are was if it was obvious what clan your sire was. Presuming that your sire was sensible enough to keep it shtum then it's unlikely anyone outside a very small clique would know. Hell, Bertram didn't even know that Jeanette and Therese were the same body.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:48 pm

8people wrote:
The only way that he'd know what clan you are was if it was obvious what clan your sire was. Presuming that your sire was sensible enough to keep it shtum then it's unlikely anyone outside a very small clique would know. Hell, Bertram didn't even know that Jeanette and Therese were the same body.

The game tries to make you think the same thing, even if you were someone who knew a lot about Malkavians. Before you find out, it seems possible that they are two people, even though you never see them side by side, in the same room. Even Beckett doesn't seem surprised to hear of it, though he probably thinks of it as a single person with a dual-personality, not exactly to the extent of the two sisters.

As for the clans in TFN, I think Strauss would question the player if he wasn't sure, no matter what he might begin planning once he had an idea of your clan. Either through asking you of your power(namely your clan specific discipline), or something that would eventually lead him to an answer.
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:53 am

Removing those extra quests might be a bit of an annoyance unless something else was added to make up for the lost EXP. Really, if the creators wanted to put the hard yards in to create extra quests dodging the tremere's schemes then perhaps but that really seems like a lot of work for just two of the clans. Better to see if you can make it harder to get into his good books, perhaps build in extra requirements to be able to take his quests, or if possible add the conversation mentioned earlier, and unless you can convince Strauss that you aren't what he thinks you are then you loose the chance to do his quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....    Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....  Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic NPCS reaction towards the new Final nights clans ....
Page 1 of 1