Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BloodDolls and bloodtimer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

BloodDolls and bloodtimer Empty
PostSubject: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi everybody,

I've spent some time thinking about the use of blooddolls. My idea for a future release is something like this: In the clubs, now also including the dancefloor in the Empire hotel, you can find several people (for now only girls) who will talk to you. As I have only used the existing doll dlg files, there are usually four (3 in the Empire hotel).
So what's new? You can only talk once per visit in the club to any of them, and they don't stay seduced, if you were successfull. Furthermore they don't have a fixed seduction level you need. Every girl has three different entries, one of which is randomly selected. So depending on whom you talk to (and your luck of course), you can get them for 2 seduction, or you might need 10. Most are in the mid levels though, with a slight advantage for male characters.
So with Seduction about 4 or 5 , you should have good chances to get at least one of them. If not, don't worry, next time they might be more intersted.
Any comments on this? And do you have an idea where I could place another doll or two in chinatown?

For the bloodtimer, I've tested something I might use if I rebuild the college. Now if you're lose blood the counter won't get completely reset, but only reduced by the amount of time for one bloodloss. Usually there won't be a real difference, except when you had Bloodbuff running. Then a rest can be there due to the increased stamina from bloodbuff. So the next bloodloss can happen a bit earlier. Also if you're starved the counter won't get reset, so when you have fed again, you might lose more than one bloodpoint the next time the timer fires. Something like this will also happen when you do courses at the college. The counter will get increased by the amount of time you need for doing the course (depending on the level and your research feat as usual). When you're finished and the timer fires again, you'll lose more blood, and perhaps even begin to starve. But you won't lose the course anymore, and a better stamina will help reducing the additional bloodloss for the college, as it does for regular bloodloss.
Ideas? Questions? Comments Question

- geek
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:22 pm

like the idea with the blood dolls(add some randomnes to the game XD)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:27 am

I like that randomness with blooddolls very much. It adds, well, realism to the game. Yeah, I know, Caini... er, Kindred and realism. But it will give good old feeling of immersion to the game. As if you were talking to a real girl.
Though Nossies may be a little unlucky with them anyways... Hell, rats aren't choosy Laughing

The second idea is even better. It was really frustrating when you wasted a cours only becous your bloodpool dropped in the meantime. Great ideas.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 am

The downside of this bloodtimer system is that if you get starved after a college course, you might accidentally drain Heather, or frenzy as soon as you leave your haven.

- geek
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
The downside of this bloodtimer system is that if you get starved after a college course, you might accidentally drain Heather, or frenzy as soon as you leave your haven.

- geek
how often don't you have a spare blood pack lying in your inventory for these things
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I can’t comment on the Bloodtimer change but the Blood Doll change sounds great. In fact I incorporated something very similar with the Blood Dolls last fall for TFN. The whole randomness of the encounter really adds a new element of surprise and authenticity to the game. Because you never know how she’s going to respond, you can’t “count” on getting blood, you can only hope that she gives up the goods. Of course having a higher Seduction score increases your chances, but even having a Seduction of 9 doesn’t guarantee success while those with a Seduction of 1 may get that chance in hell to get blood.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BloodDolls and bloodtimer   BloodDolls and bloodtimer Empty

Back to top Go down

BloodDolls and bloodtimer
Page 1 of 1