Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciplines advancement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

Disciplines advancement Empty
PostSubject: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:55 pm

No this time I am not asking about adding anything new but I wondered the following:

1.) You as a fledgling never had the chance to receive any special training and therefore should not have any idea about advanced disciplines like Dementation, Thaumaturgy, Obfuscate, Protean, or Dominate so would it not be a good idea to give all Vampires at start the same Disciplines and later through quests can achieve clan specific Disciplines?

For example in addition to the Tremere Haven as a reward the fledling Tremere Vampire finally gets insight into Thaumaturgy symbolizing how Strauss has taken in the apprentice and taught him one secret of the clan the Path of Blood. Just as an example how it might work.

Similarily you could learn Dominate as Ventrue from LaCrox after getting the Skyline apartment symolizing the trust the prince puts in you, warranted or not. Wink

So all Vampires begin with Something like Celerity, Auspex and Potence( or Presence/Frotiude ?) and add clan specific ones as reward later in the game through quests?

Would something like that be possible?

2.) Another possibility might be capping dsciplines in each chapter. So Santa Monica max is 2, Downtown 3, Hollywood 4, Chinatown 5, symbolizing that you need more than just simple exp to up your disciplines. You might bind it to a tutor even to get past a certain level in a discipline.

3.) Make all Disciplines available at start for all clans but getting from 0 to 1 should cost a lot of Exp and can only be raised after game started. You can't up from 0 - 1 through a freebie at the generation.
So you start with a basic set of like Celerity, Potence and Auspex and later you can get other disciplines if you wish it.
Just like talents, skills and knowledges those start with a 0.
First oint should cost like maybe 20-40 depending on the discipline symbolizing how difficult it is to gain the knowledge in something as occult as a vampiric discipline especially obscure and secret ones.
For example Presence or Celerity is a relatively common discipline so getting 1 point into it might cost only 20.
On the other hand Thaumaturgy should cost maybe like 40 experienc symbolizing how difficult it is to be privy to even a relatively lowly Tremere secret as a non-Tremere.
Likewise advancement should also cost more like 6-7 exp * discipline level if it's not a clan discipline symbolizing again that it's difficlt for someone not of the clan to get tutoring in that field.
This would enable players to individualize their characters even more.
How I'd love to use Celerity + Obfuscate to rush through a level just for he laugh of it on my Malk. Very Happy
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:42 pm

1) Okay, but what if you piss off Strauss? You'd never get Thaumaturgy then?
And where would the Gangrel get their skills? Also, the game is pretty short, so putting this in would be a pain in the ass
Moreso, Malkav(according to him) avoids clan specific quests. Not to talk about the new dialogues it would be required.

2)The chapter thing MIGHT actually work, i guess. The tutor, no.

3) If i'm not wrong, there's a cap of how much disciplines you can have in your character screen at the same time. (6, i believe). So we can't put all disciplines avaiable. You could still level one discipline up with console commands.
Back to top Go down
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:07 pm

1.) Sure, why should people nt suffer consequences for stupid actions? And for example Gangrel could learn Protean when they meet Becket for example.
I thought more of those being just an additional reward so no need to rewrite anything dialogue wise. So those would not be clan specific quests at all, just that you don't have immediate access to certain disciplines.
2.) Tutor in the most broad sense. I am not saying someting like Clan Mod should be done, just that you can raise you disciplines only after you met a certain vampire.
For example after your meeting with Jack you can raise protence knowing everything about "self preserverence".

3.) I am pretty sure I read something in a forum that one had all disciplines on one of his chars and leveld them all up via console giving imself sufficient experience.

Last edited by Sykar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 pm

3.) That is possible, yes, but the disciplines won't show up in the Character Editor. They'll be in the mousewheel thingie, though ... I think. I'm not sure on this part. (Yeah, yeah, yeah, I admit, I've tried to give one of my characters all disciplines (quite some time ago, though)... I couldn't stop playing around with the console... and don't ask about the 'money' cheat. Just don't.)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 pm

I've recently tried 7, and ended up not being able to use the hotkeys at all. Not for weapons, not for disciplines, nothing...

Eliza: How much? lol!

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines advancement   Disciplines advancement Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciplines advancement
Page 1 of 1