Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hacking

Go down 
+3
8people
Claudia
Jad.3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 am

Why is it Intelligence related now?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:52 am

Because Forest Gump can't possibly understand how/why a computer works, therefore no INT = no visualisation of the virtual = no conceptualisation = no hack Smile
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 am

Problem solving is more in the realms of intelligence than quick thinking.

Though my current build appears to subscribe to the "roll your face on the keyboard" method cheers
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 am

But... but... I want to be an Auspex hacker! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:39 am

You could. Auspex rises all mental atributtes.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

Feral wrote:
You could. Auspex rises all mental atributtes.
Really? I... I've never been so happy!!! flower
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

8people wrote:
Though my current build appears to subscribe to the "roll your face on the keyboard" method cheers

I was rolling on my face laughing when I read this. I instantly had a mental visual of your character mashing her face on a keyboard and going "Damn, I didn't get the right password". LMAO!

@Jad,

Auspex has been enhanced in TFN (Maybe CE too, I forget). You begin getting Intelligence bonuses starting at Auspex 3 and at Auspex 5, you get a +3 to Intelligence. Auspex freakin rocks now.

(I'm even thinking of adding Auspex to dialogue in a similiar way that I did Obeah) (Shhh don't tell anyone)
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
8people wrote:

I was rolling on my face laughing when I read this. I instantly had a mental visual of your character mashing her face on a keyboard and going "Damn, I didn't get the right password". LMAO!

I thought that was what hacking was about? scratch Hacking onto the keys until the right password appears on screen? Though I'll admit, this has more to do with luck than skill... except if you can play the piano - does this ability grant a bonus die? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Eliza wrote:

I thought that was what hacking was about? scratch Hacking onto the keys until the right password appears on screen? Though I'll admit, this has more to do with luck than skill... except if you can play the piano - does this ability grant a bonus die? Very Happy

I'll see about adding a Piano talent to the character sheet, which of course increases hacking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

(I'm even thinking of adding Auspex to dialogue in a similiar way that I did Obeah) (Shhh don't tell anyone)

Awesone idea! It could give the PC a chance to "see" more and gain insight... It's all Auspex is about.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Awesone idea! It could give the PC a chance to "see" more and gain insight... It's all Auspex is about.

Well, several of you guys were talking about how Inspection can sometimes net the character some new lines, and the potential to earn extra XP for being so “Attentive”. Well that got me thinking, why not offer those same opportunities to those with Auspex as well. Here’s a few reason for this.

1.) Auspex is known as being the weakest of the disciplines (which I’ve tried to make it more viable, but this would even be better)
2.) If a character can earn extra XP for being “Insightful” because of Inspection, why couldn’t the same apply for Auspex? Is Auspex not more powerful?
3.) I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to get the Auspex sound and visuals to play when using it in dialogue for these rare opportunities. Of course I would still want it to cost blood.

Note: Now just like using Obeah in dialogue, I wouldn’t be able to get the text to change colors or the font. But I’m sure as the player notices extra new lines that weren’t there before, he would figure out that this is an opportunity to use Auspex for some extra information and XP.

Does anyone else besides me and Feral like this idea?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:26 pm

I do.

If you can't change font or colour, why don't you do it like music in clubs: walk around it.
* (Auspex): You appear to have shat your underwear, sir.
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Eliza wrote:

I'll see about adding a Piano talent to the character sheet, which of course increases hacking. Laughing
replace intelligens with piano skills, all intelligent persons play it, sadly not me Sad
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Auspex could have a few uses, such as detecting lies (pnp Auspex 2) learning what an objects owner is like (pnp Auspex 3) could perhaps be used to give 'hints' on computer passwords (Not sure if you could add 'Auspex' as a computer command, lol)

Could perhaps give clues in quests like Slashterpiece that the charity event is being run by Therese when you examine the paintings or be used as a 'blackmail' method if you have access to objects that someone has been in touch with (Exploring Giovanni mansion or looking around... I don't know, maybe extra things for Lily and the Thin Blood quest... meh, drugged out my gourd, brain isn't in creative mode :p)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hacking   Hacking Empty

Back to top Go down

Hacking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: