Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

(Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin Empty
PostSubject: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:26 am

Game crashes, with
"
Engine Error
no precache: *35
"

My end or yours?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:29 am

You're playing as a Samedi right? I've never had that happen to me before but I'll run it again just to make sure. Does it crash when you use the back door too?

I'm wondering if that virus has anything to do with some of these weird problems. Like the Obeah sound playing when entering certain buildings. You guys are hitting some WEIRD stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 am

Both doors. Tried entering elsewhere before trying again. Crash boom bang.
Crashes during load screen.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 am

I googled, and the Sledgehammer Workaround works: put TFN save in the vanilla, enter whatever, save, put vanilla save into TFN. Dunno if it changed anything in my game, if it'll have consequences; and I'm kinda sure it won't help you... :-/
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
I googled, and the Sledgehammer Workaround works: put TFN save in the vanilla, enter whatever, save, put vanilla save into TFN. Dunno if it changed anything in my game, if it'll have consequences; and I'm kinda sure it won't help you... :-/
That might get you in without a crash. But everything in the mod that relies on map edits won't work any more. Have you tried this on the Chastity quest already, or only for getting the info about DMP? With the "sledgehammer" you probably won't get Chastity's backup.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

That might get you in without a crash. But everything in the mod that relies on map edits won't work any more. Have you tried this on the Chastity quest already, or only for getting the info about DMP? With the "sledgehammer" you probably won't get Chastity's backup.

- geek

He shouldn't need a sledgehammer, or any hammer for that matter. I think his diseased up copy of TFN is plagueing him to death and should reload and redownload the Beta.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:05 am

Installed clean TFN over a clean copy of Bloodlines. Still can't enter, the same error. I'm DOOOOOOOOOMED!
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 am

Reinstalled. No change. Doomed.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 am

Same problem with my fiancé (he's poking around the game with the Assamite), he has only the Chanstity quest, no way around it :/

What's the console command to validate the DMP quest ? because if he wants to continue on, I think poking the sinbin for the phone thingy is mandatory, right ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 am

It's not good when 2 people are having this issue. I will have to put some time into this.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 pm

YES! YES! YES!
Btw, is there a way to progress a quest via console (what she said)?
EDIT: Someone named "wesp5" says: "Try setting "G.Lucky_Blood = 1" this should induce the state after the phone call." Haven't found about progressing quest per se, at least yet.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm

That should work. Or set G.Flynn_Message=1
Then you can answer the phone call.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Where to set it?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Just enter it in the console. Syntax is important.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Not working. You fooling with me?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Then try without the = but a SPACE instead. I don't often set variables via console, so I might have got it wrong.
In any case, do not enter quotation marks "", and make sure the second part of the variable name is also started with a capital letter.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 pm

I'll be damned. Worked fine this time (with "="). Thanks.
Is there a G.Chastity_Killed ? Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Then you probably had a typo you didn't notice in your first try.
Sorry, can't help you with things inside the sin bin. I don't know what Zer0 changed there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Poor Zer0 must be working his ass off on this one.
By the way, the version 1.0 works fine for chastity and dmp. I tried to get the consol commands to validate chastity's quest, but it's impossible :-/
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! affraid

I fixed it finally! YAAAAYY!!

Ok here's what happened... at some point I accidently copied the contents of the sewer ash mission map into the sinbin map and saved it. I don't know which day this happened but I had NO archives of the old modified sinbin map, so I thought I was going to have to remake the entire map. Well, I dug VERY deep and connected to my home server that I haven't accessed in 3 1/2 months and found an old copy of the sinbin map from back in December. I downloaded it to my apartment and opened up the contents and sure enough, not only was it the sinbin map we've been missing, but also had Chastity's hunters along with Chastity's new aura effects. My heart sprang for joy!

I put that back into my current game, created the new .ain and .loc files (node graph files) and poof! Everything worked. I ran over and talked to VV and she gave me the Chastity quest and everything worked perfectly.

ALL FIXED! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 5:35 am

Well done. Now just a link to new download please Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:24 am

Excellent, congrats Zer0 !

(if needed I still have the first "beta" version installed on my computer, so if you ever need some files we could Hamachi whatever)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:33 am

I just responded to Jad's PM asking for the latest version of Beta with all the bug fixes. Here's what I'm thinking...

Basically all of the bugs have been fixed and now I have the most current up to date version of TFN sitting on my computer. I could go ahead and create the installer with the new files and mark it as the REAL public version, not a Beta version, and upload it tonight so you guys can check out the final product before it gets released. We only have 1 week until it HAS to be released so you're basically getting the final product 1 week early. But by looking at that we may be able to spot a bug or problem with the final copy and that would give me a little time to fix it.

Think this is a good idea? The earliest I could make the installer would be tonight after work and I could have it uploaded by early morning (my time zone).
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:37 am

It is a good idea. As I wrote you, I wouldn't mind postponing the public release, just to be sure everything is ok.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 am

Jad.3 wrote:
It is a good idea. As I wrote you, I wouldn't mind postponing the public release, just to be sure everything is ok.

I just responded to your PM. We'll make the release date no problem. As long as there are no game breaking bugs we should be ok. I'm sure people will understand if a minor glitch makes it into the final game. I plan on releasing future versions of TFN in which these would be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin   (Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin Empty

Back to top Go down

(Fixed) Cannot enter SinBin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next