Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't kill Johnny in self defence

Go down 
+2
Zer0Morph
Threefang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Threefang
Fledgling
Fledgling

Can't kill Johnny in self defence Empty
PostSubject: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but thought I'd mention it nonetheless since I think it’s a change from the vanilla version. It’s about the mission where we find Johnny (Tong Leader) at the club; even though he starts shooting me I still can't kill him without the usual repercussions of killing an innocent. I ended up losing humanity even though it was in self defence. It might have something to do with the area not changing from a masquerade to combat zone at that point.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I'm going to move this zone back to a combat zone but leave the "Innocence" flag on the pedestrians/dancers. You won't violate the masquerade for using your powers but at least you won't lose Humanity for killing Johnny.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Zer0,
if you only want to have Jonny's office as a combat zone, try it the way Wesp does in the new plus patch versions for the netcafe when you're on the tape 2 quest. Make the doorhandle for the inner office a combat zone trigger, and the doorhandle from the balkony to the outer office a masquerade zone trigger. That way the outer office works like an airlock. When you enter Jonny's room, you go into a combat zone. And as soon as you go back to the club proper, you are back in a masquerade area.
I can't promise now that it will work exactly this way, because I don't recall what starts the cutscene without loading a game. So perhaps you have to bind the combat zone trigger to the cutscene trigger, or to the door "OnFullOpen".

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Not a bad idea... I'm not sure I know how Wesp set that up though because I don't have the files he used. Do you have a copy of it?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Malkav, bro, you're a genius affraid
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:41 pm

I'd like to add that I always lost an additional point of Humanity for the first Tong I killed outside of Johnny's office, regardless of who shot at whom first... Especially my Baali was not amused, since after losing those two points I generally was _very low on Humanity and the Tong always killed at least one innocent bystander, so if I wouldn't frighten them to death by throwing fireballs and summoning demons (thus breaking the Masquerade, but often also making them run and hide) I'd end up losing at least 3 points of Humanity at the Glaze.
Back to top Go down
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae
buzzsaw

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I know the cut scene is triggered when you open the inner office doors (partly because I just played it tonight, but also because it's one of those damn Walk This Way situations), so I think it would work! I also thought Johnny's death as an innocent rather farfetched, heh.

[edited for typo]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't kill Johnny in self defence   Can't kill Johnny in self defence Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't kill Johnny in self defence
Page 1 of 1