Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frame rate fighting the shade

Go down 
+4
Claudia
Helm
Tuishimi
Childe of Malkav
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Frame rate fighting the shade Empty
PostSubject: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Zer0,
I had a very low frame rate again, fighting the shade in the galerie Noir. Had presence running as well. Perhaps you should reduce the number of particles a bit.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: The only place I ever have a problem...   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:10 pm

...The only place I ever have a problem is going into the room where Brother Kanker is. Talk about skipping frames! And I have a monster machine. But it has been like that for awhile, not TFNs problem. I think it happened ages ago with one of the official patches. Or maybe it was always like that and I just don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Hm, funny that. Can't remember having any trouble at all with Brother Kanker. Not with CE or the UP only. And also not with TFN. Perhaps that is because I always shoot him or attack him from a distance with a "loud" discipline to avoid yet another boring plaguebearer dialog.

But my last fight with the shade was really a SloMo affair. And with the character before, the setite who sandstormed and then backstabbed it, a black cloud stayed right under the ceiling. And while under that on the way out, my character also was drstically slowed down.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 am

I just got hit with this after fighting the shade so had no disciplines running just left the gallery and suddenly everything was slow motion had to quit and restart
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:08 pm

I have a newer, even more monstrous machine and now I can play the game 100% smoothly all the time (pretty much - still get that hesitation at the bottom of the ramp leading to the beach).

I find it funny the rig I built can handle all the modern games easily and just barely handles VTMB, a game that is half a decade or so old now. Smile

Core i7 2600K
Asus GTX 570 (overclocked and super cooled)
16 GB of DDR3 @ 1600

This is what it finally took to play VTMB as smoothly as butter.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm

7 years old dude ! 2003 :-D
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:00 pm

My computer is similar to Tuishimi's, except my video card isn't as good. So I still experience slowdowns in some parts. I expect to have an even better system by the time the WODMMO comes out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:33 pm

I don't know how i haven't seen this before

The same problem happened to me. Game went sluggy as hell fighting the shade
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Just had it after fighting the hunters for Akeem as well usual deal log out and back and it's fine
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Memory issue with the higher textures?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:02 pm

The only reason I added some many particles (and yes I did add a TON) was so that you couldn't see the Shade's shadow on the ground. When fighting the shade originally, all you had to do was look down to see his shadow and it gave away the suspense of where he was, so I added a ton of black particles to hide it.

I can see about reworking it so it doesn't lag slower machines as much. I guess I never thought about it because Bloodlines runs smooth as butter on my machine regardless. Nothing (except walking down to the beach for the first time) makes my machine stutter.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Necromion
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 am

Any chance a solution for this problem yet? Just experianced this myself and I doubt that its my machine as I have a pretty insane one myself. infact the only way I found to defeat him is to give myself the flamethrower via console.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame rate fighting the shade   Frame rate fighting the shade Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame rate fighting the shade
Page 1 of 1