Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

random bugs and permanent

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

random bugs and permanent Empty
PostSubject: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi all and really thanks for your fantastic work.

I go directly to the point .

I'm using a windows 7 (also tried the winXP SP3 compatibility mode )
i installed a new copy under the path d:\Game
then applied the patch 7.5
installed clan quest mode 2.1
at the end used the The Final Nighs 1.0

I'm using a male Follower of Seth

This are the bugs that i've found :

no video intro (this in all version and patchs )
Creation menu : Osebo Female don't appear if you select
Jeanette , on the hospital i don't see her , she's invisible
Arthur Killpatrick's sound does not work. He is just mute and does not move his lips (reported also in this topic https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t857-some-bugs-i-ve-encountered )

Random :
when i'm at max blood pool , it go down (usually 1 point) after a while . No valid reason found (like using some power)
texture error when i was in Santa Monica (it was like a cone of strange color starting from the npc )
movement error : i cannot stop , like if the W is always pushed

i'm still in Santa Monica , that's all for now.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi ! Welcome ! But you deserve a HEADSHOT !

Multipatching does not work. You cannot install several mods and patchs together and except it to work

Osebo Female (as well as Baali Female and Salubri male) are not available yet, so that's normal.

Blood loss is due to.. bloodloss ! Very Happy It's a Camarilla Edition basic core feature and Zer0 included it in TFN.

Movement error : the default autorun key is ALT. If you ALT-TAB, then your character will keep on running, and when you alt-tab back, well, still running...

(edit : Abel's post solved itself with the exact same problem, which was multiple patchs and mods.. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:15 pm

well , that's a good reason for an headshot , but if i can suggest , write it also in the readme
cause many users i think do the same mistake.

so the order is fresh copy , patch 7.5 then final night , right ?

bloodloss , can u explain me how does ti works ? i'm really new to this world
Osebo Female is selectable the others you mention simply don't exist the option

Movement error : i use a lot alt + tab , if i change the alt key from the menu (or the cfg file ) this can be solved ?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 pm

http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-camarilla-edition/features/what-is-camarilla-edition

Bloodloss is explained here in detail Smile

Multipatching not working is written about everywhere in the forum, on mod db, on clanquestmod's forum, on this forum... But nobody reads the readme files, nor the stickies, nor the announcements Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:04 pm

*whispers to claudia* : it's expect, not except, my dear.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:09 pm

typo !

*runs in shame*
Back to top Go down
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:38 pm

i just finish to make a clean install .

i found a bug . If u call the console , then write chareditor (command used for bring back the control of mouse ) , it go to the player creation asking you to spend the points .
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Actually that's not a bug (that I know of !)

If you truly can't play without alt-tabbing all the time (like me), pause the game because you alt tab Smile then when you go back, you ESC the pause menu, and ALT didn't reach the character Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Hey everett,
welcome to the forum. Cool More young stupid blood to Diablerize Twisted Evil

As Claudia already said: NEVER EVER INSTALL MORE THAN ONE PATCH / MOD!

For your console problem, I have encountered this only if I started a test character using the map command.

The ALT keybinding can only be changed in the config files, not in the game options, as it's not a regular game option, but an addon for CE/TFN.
If you feel up to it, go to the directory -bloodlines\vampire\cfg\ (-bloodlines is your base irectory for the game).
Open autoexec.cfg with a TEXTEDITOR. There you'll find some lines starting with ALIAS and BIND. In these lines replace ALT with a key you want to link the auto walk to. (Or completely delete these 3 lines, if you don't want the auto walk)
Be careful when playing with game files. Make a backup, and only use a simple texteditor, never a wordprocessor!!!!!
If you don't want to edit manually, do as Claudia told you: press ESC before ALT-TABbing.

The Osebo female probably is due to multi installs.

I'm quite sure, Zer0 included the need for a clean install in the readme, and in the installation instructions for TFN.

For the weird things on characters, I assume you needed a bit of cash in a hurry, and used the money cheat lol! Sounds like some hundred bucks to me (it only happens to female characters, right?)

- geek
Back to top Go down
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:13 pm

well , thanks all for all the info and for this fastest reply.

i solved all !

Only 1 question , that is not a bug , but if you can reply me...

there's a way to disable bloodloss ? really , please ... i'm opening all the files for search how to do , but i don't eat python

money cheat ? mh...no i'm using blood ,vstats , giftxp usually

money cheat also i don't know how is written
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Well, if you really must, though I think, the bloodloss is an important feat of CE/TFN, especially since many of the low level disciplines either don't cost blood any more, or have a longer duration: -bloodlines\vampire\python\
Edit vamputil.py: find OnBLEvent()
I'd suggest you add to the time until a bloodloss occurs by increasing the value of Blood_Max_Count. If you really want ot stop it, comment out the indented lines you find after def OnBLEvent(): commentary for python is done with #

Sorry about my assumption about money. That's usually the cause for weird textures on characters. Try typing "money 100" in the console and look at the nearest female npc. Then you'll know what I'm talking about Laughing As it sais in the command list for the console: money gives you...
...not what you expect.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: random bugs and permanent   random bugs and permanent Empty

Back to top Go down

random bugs and permanent
Page 1 of 1