Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the Asp hole....

Go down 
+2
Feral
Suketh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Sounds like a Follower haunt, no? I was sadly disappointed when I arrived in the location to find some whiny Toreador holding that domain.(I understand ash is{Kind of} a story/plot line character} Doesn't it just scream Setite? Not only the original music(Tiamat: Cain) but the feeling of the place.

Anywho, I was maybe suggesting that maybe some sort of corruption based quest (Given by some shady follower in the corner or something like that) centered around local (mortal) politics, maybe The princes downward spiral into corruption(Which I like to believe is HEAVILY influenced by the snakes) or how easily the Sabbat have infiltrated the city.

Just thought I'd give my few cents....
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Good idea.
Only it woula require shitload of coding, skins developing, dialog scripting and voice acting/recording... Not to mention our main TFN fanatic, er, enthusiast Zer0morph is away on holidays. Crying or Very sad Maybe you could corrupt him into doing TFN 1.1? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Quote :
Maybe you could corrupt him into doing TFN 1.1? Laughing

I don't know if I'd score enough successes for that....

Quote :
Only it would require shitload of coding, skins developing, dialog scripting and voice acting/recording..

Yeah, I understand all that, It was just a thought... Maybe make things more interesting......
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:11 am

I don't agree at all with you. It's not because it's a dirty club that it HAS to be Sethite work.
Stop with the goddamn stereotypes !

I know Ventrue that are as corrupters as Sethites, and a Sethite with financial/mafiosi connections way more than any Giovanni or dirty hands Toreador...

Anarch Baron Isaac would certainly not allow Sethites hang in his territory, so no, I don't think the club "sounds" Sethite at all. What you think Toreador only held in strip "elegant" clubs and wine bars ? You got it all wrong man.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 am

Just playing with an idea... You drank some bad blood or what? Wink I didn't know you are Brujah, by the way...
You are of coursly right Isaac would make short work of any Sand Snake doing so much as sticking his nose into his Domain. But, not denying Toreador or Ventrue abilities to do dirty work, I do remember from LA by Night that there was a Setite Temple there. It was destroyed by the Wolwes and then rebuilt, if memory serves. Too bad it can't be added. So many quests... Maybe when those guys from Ressurgance Project finally transfer VtMB to more open engine...

Last edited by Feral on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sloppy [i]editing[/i])
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Feral wrote:
... Maybe when those guys from Ressurgance Project finally transfer VtMB to more open engine...
... Maybe when Godot finally turns up... ...or Antitribu gets released...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Feral wrote:
... Maybe when those guys from Ressurgance Project finally transfer VtMB to more open engine...
... Maybe when Godot finally turns up... ...or Antitribu gets released...

- geek

... or I finish my PhD thesis... lol!
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Quote :
I don't agree at all with you. It's not because it's a dirty club that it HAS to be Sethite work.
Stop with the goddamn stereotypes !

I know Ventrue that are as corrupters as Sethites, and a Sethite with financial/mafiosi connections way more than any Giovanni or dirty hands Toreador...

Anarch Baron Isaac would certainly not allow Sethites hang in his territory, so no, I don't think the club "sounds" Sethite at all. What you think Toreador only held in strip "elegant" clubs and wine bars ? You got it all wrong man.
/\ (Direct quote) /\
First off, with all due respect, Its SETITE, or FOLLOWER OF SET, or just Follower if you will.... just FYI....

Wow, Toreador-supporter much? I love the posers just the same, but I was merely giving my prospective..
Further more,
The "baron of LA" has less of a grip on his domain than ANY political figure I've ever seen... The Sabbat moving in everywhere, The Cammys claiming dominion, The Anarchs DESPERATELY trying to maintain some sense of control while the whole shit-house burns down around them, not to mention the occasional demon or wraith.... Sounds pretty corrupt to me, sounds like some one just doesn't wanna hear that his precious clan isn't quite as powerful as they were in 1100.... sorry, the Renaissance is over, its time for the blood of Cain to sit back and accept the powers of the dark god...... Sorry if Ive offended, just making a statement.... A statement of fact!!!!! lol.....

3,000,000,000 people in L.A. Maybe 500 vampires. LOTSA room for someone to move in and claim some sort of control, so I think its perfictly reasonable for a cult of Followers to move in and set up an operation. I mean, All the Illegals, the tourism, and my clans utter disrespect for the cammy's "Traditions",( because if I don't think its a law that should govern my people, and Set hasn't directed us to do so, It's prolly not gonna happen...) It would be a proverbial "cake walk" to march right in there, slip some silver-clad words in some Primogens ear, pay off the right sabbat and BAM, Downtown location, full of worshipers of Set, both mortal and immortal, pretty much over night....

Ventrue can be bought with power and money, Toreador are more concerned with their pretentious ideas of "true art", Ill just slip in the back and party with the "Real" big dogs.......
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Gangrel would get pissed off... Brujah would get even more pissed off... Nosferatu feeding both parties info to oust newcomers threteaning their position. And that is only one scenario for a counterplot. Corruption doesn't work to well on Animals... It simply doesn't on the Nossies... Can't corrupt what's already filthy. Not to mention the first Temple of Seth in LA was burnt to cinders with everyone inside by the Garou. Underestimating opponents may shorten one's unlifespan, young one. And I haven't said a word about Usurpers yet.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 am

Hey everybody,
please keep it civilized. I'd really get pissed if I had to dig out the big bloody moderator's club... bom

Don't get me wromg, I don't want to stop a controversial discussion. I just want to avoid seeing it go down the drain to a level of personal insults or something, where I'd have to step in.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 am

Oh, sorry, I had forgotten you English speaker population don't know how to write SETH (third son of Adam and Eve, I'm not going for the Egyptian Set, who, in English only, has no H, but all other languages have the h...)
(hence Sethite and not Setite, anyway, doesn't matter, but playing FYI's and smarties with the gal who actually worked for White Wolf as a Story Teller is not good for your karma.. just saying, watch out for necropolis falling !)

I don't have favorite and least favorite clans, I don't mind clans, but I mind the characters. Isaac being a Toreador is the least of my worries. And I'm not a huge fan of the character either. He's blank, empty, he has no personality and he doesn't make me lol (and I love lulz !)

I don't agree with you, Suketh, Isaac has a pretty good control over Hollywood with his status and Influences. His main problems are the Hunters, but other than that, he keeps the Garou and Kuei Jin out, he has no Mage problem, no Wraith (not that anyone can do anything about THAT), no random violence in the streets and pretty good peace, despite the zombies in the cemeteries. Kine lives well enough to feel safe, no random FBI intervention nor huge gang headlines. The worse that happens is that some random star either disappears or have random gossip on her.

We could go for canon WoD true "lore" on LA Kindred and study the Sethite (yes, still with an H, sorry Very Happy) influence in the City of Angels (which should have around 400 vampires), but as Feral said, they have nothing to work on ! City's going to hell all alone, mortals do it very well themselves, you don't need to explain with a Clan Stereotype. It's not because a Kindred was murdered that it has to be an Assamite contract Wink

Anarchs are not smart enough to treat with a snake wisely, so they don't. Some Toreador need favors but they take good count of the favors and they pay them back as soon as possible to clear up the table. Most Toreador have an ego big enough they don't need to feed it Wink. Toreador in LA want to keep their positions and their status (Isaac wants to keep Hollywood prosperous, VV wants to have fun in her Club and doesn't mind the rest, Ash is struggling with his own condition as a Vampire to care about power and favors, he currently just wants to commit suicide).
Strauss is way too powerful as a Regent to ever need a Sethite favor, he certainly has a ritual for whatever he needs (he's kind of behind the scenes guy holding the strings too). And he sure as hell wouldn't want his apprentices to play the intrigues, it could harm the Clan, and the Tremere in general usually want to stay within themselves (especially in the west coast where the Pontifex Abe Powell holds Sacramento out of the Anarch Free States with no question on his authority ; Strauss is certainly under Powell's direct authority).
Beckett will laugh and pat your head. Nothing to explain, Sethites have nothing to offer the Gangrel, they are Outlanders for a good reason. Other Gangrel are too uninterested on the Jyhad to gain anything from the Serpents, as the Anarchs, they know it's a dangerous game so they rather avoid it.
The only one who could ever think about treating with the Followers of Seth (still with an H ^^) is.. Lacroix. He's impatient, he's power hungry, he's ambitious and he's ruthlessly able to pact with anyone just to gain something.

Sethites don't do well in places where people are educated (in Texas, however, or in Ohio, they'd do very well... Very Happy)

Still, you're getting waaaaay too personal about it ! Calm down, eat a cookie and laugh it off Smile
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Laughing This is the only forum I frequent where even the heated arguments are fun and not really hateful.

Btw, Suketh... 3,000,000,000 is half the world's population. Razz

Claudia... the beauty of the English language is that it is ever-changing, so anything goes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Quote :
Still, you're getting waaaaay too personal about it ! Calm down, eat a cookie and laugh it off

*Nom nom nom* Cookie good!!!

All in good fun, just trying to boil the pot, get some quality convo going, you know! Not trying to make enemies or start some crap that NONE of us need to deal with on a web site... just tryin to make some interesting things happen....
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 5:58 pm

It seems that if the Followers would have a power base in the city, it wouldn't fit very well, due to the quite obvious fact of each hub having a sizable presence already, and having another might not make much sense. Unless a lampshade is hung on the whole thing, and the leader of the haven would mention it all, saying likely something like(omitting the possible 'hissing' tic that some of them had in Redemption):

"Yes, most of this city has its sources of corruption. Even I had quite the time deciding on this city to establish my haven here, namely when it would be shared by those of my blood. Our influence in this city is quite slim, but perhaps that is where we need be at present. Or dealings have not yet crossed the other clans, or any other, and I doubt it will. Perhaps, if any of these groups should lose their power, it will be the time for us to fill the vacuum of power they would invariably leave behind."

Last edited by Maxus Corvin on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:42 am

That is some idea...
Then again, implementing it would be a pain in the a**. On a sidenote, why not the hissssss? I liked it in Redemption.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Feral wrote:
That is some idea...
Then again, implementing it would be a pain in the a**. On a sidenote, why not the hissssss? I liked it in Redemption.

Nothing says they can't hiss on occasion, though it shouldn't be a few times each line. I forget the frequency that Lucrecia used it, but it seems she talked as if she had some sort of flaw that related to her having a snake tongue or something. If it is used occasionally, then It wouldn't seem as forced as it was in Redemption, and not by every Setite you'd meet - as I doubt that all of them have the compulsion to talk in such a way, even if they are quite stereotypical of the clan's image.

"The names have been troublesome, even though Kindred are apt to make comparisons that are dreadfully true. Many of the clan are interested in snakes, and rightly so. But to think that most Kindred like nothing better to refer to us as 'snakes', and only as such, makes me wonder why some other clans aren't given the same due. But I suppose others may be, and I am just spouting the same sort of drivel that someone like yourself may not want to spend what may be your precious time listening to, young one."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the Asp hole.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: the Asp hole....   the Asp hole.... Empty

Back to top Go down

the Asp hole....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: