Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Developement Lab

Go down 
+6
bliebje
noticen24
ChazKafka
Loricus
Maximus1
Zer0Morph
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

The Developement Lab Empty
PostSubject: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Ok so it's not really much of a lab really, it's more like my office on the 2nd floor of our house, but it's mine and it's where I spend most of my time coming up with crazy ideas for Camarilla Edition.

If you don't already know I'm a 30 year old computer geek with too much time on his hands. You probably already know this if I'm posting pictures of where I sit 8 hours a day lol. My room is usually a complete disaster but my wife made me clean it for the Thanksgiving Feast we hosted a few days ago. I spent like 2 hours cleaning it and it looks pretty good if I don't say so myself.

I still haven't hung my Dungeons and Dragons poster or my lifesize Incredible Hulk cutout, I'm very slow getting around to things like this. Ok so picture time!!! WEEEE!!! affraid

Here is where I sit and mod all day. I use the computer on the left for the actual modding and I use the computer on the right for things like Photoshop, CE board maintenance, correspondance, etc....

The Developement Lab 1z1ved4

I built every computer I have myself because I love.... well hardware! I recased this machine 6 months ago with a side window so I could see all the little gadgets spin while I wait on stuff to install lol.

The Developement Lab 10zctxs

Don't let the 17" CRT monitor fool ya, that machine is a beast! I'm running a Phenom II X4 940 Quad Core processor with a 4GB of Kingston Hyper X memory and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 video card. The reason I still use a CRT 4:3 monitor is because I hate playing Bloodlines in widescreen.

The Developement Lab 25jicrb

Over to the left are my posters I still need to hang and my bookshelf storing some of my games.

The Developement Lab 5xw8p

Here is a closeup of some of my games. These are the games I've bought since they started using small boxes. The older games when they used large boxes are in storage, lol.

The Developement Lab 2vdfhvs

Behind me on the other side of the room is a small storage closet where I have the house wired to each room for internet. It all feeds into this room where I have my file/ftp server for the home network. 4 surveillance camera wires also feed into this room so I can watch the inside of my house from the server and from anywhere with internet. Alas I really need to clean up in here, somebody call cable management!! AHHH

The Developement Lab 169opjs

Ok thats the room where Camarilla Edition was conceived, hope you enjoyed the tour!!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:24 am

Very Nice, best wishes to you Z, and hope to see more of you around...take that much needed break and enjoy yourself !
Back to top Go down
Loricus
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

hi I'm new in this forum heard obout VTMB: Camarilla Edition and i will try it, just downloading it right now Very Happy your room looks better then mine hehe
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:45 am

Amazing, I have that same D&D poster! The dragons are just awe-inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 am

ChazKafka wrote:
Amazing, I have that same D&D poster! The dragons are just awe-inspiring.

Thats awesome! I love that poster, I even went to the store to get it framed, I just need to hang it now. I love D&D, I wish I had enough people to run another campaign.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 am

I'll be honest, I haven't played that game once in my life, but it's not because I have anything against it. I never got my hands on it, nor do I have enough friends who would want to play it. I started to read a book based on D&D dark elves, but because I just don't have the kind of personality to sit down long enough to read a whole book, I didn't finish it. xD I thought what I read was excellent though.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:07 am

ChazKafka wrote:
I'll be honest, I haven't played that game once in my life, but it's not because I have anything against it. I never got my hands on it, nor do I have enough friends who would want to play it. I started to read a book based on D&D dark elves, but because I just don't have the kind of personality to sit down long enough to read a whole book, I didn't finish it. xD I thought what I read was excellent though.

Do you remember the book? I've read alot of R.A. Salvatore novels based on The Forgotton Realms campaign setting. Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Times of Troubles Trilogy, and the Pools of Radiance Trilogy. Some others as well but I forget which, I hate reading but the novels were so amazing I just couldn't put them down.

When I was dungeon master in high school it helped reading the novels so I could be a better DM.
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 am

Oh, obvious enough. I just looked back at my Library notices. It was the Dark Elf Trilogy by Salvatore, yep. I couldn't get very far. School didn't help since I had to read, already.
Back to top Go down
noticen24
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 am

Very Nice, best wishes to you Z, and hope to see more of you around...take that much needed break and enjoy yourself !

Christian Singles Dating
short sale florida
Back to top Go down
bliebje
Neonate
Neonate
bliebje

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 pm

nice digital entrails Razz
Back to top Go down
http://en.netlog.com/Bliebz
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks, as you can see I'm a bit of a geek, lol.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 am

I'd put myself kind of into that classification as well Cool
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:55 pm

My diagnosis is: You're addicted to Vampires.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Well you never can eat just one!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:25 pm

That's what I like about the "Daughters of Janus". You get two at the price of one Wink

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:47 pm

8people wrote:
Well you never can eat just one!
Oh, man, that's funny. lol!

For anyone who doesn't know or have something better already (and is interested), Notepad++ is my choice for text editor. It's open source (GPL or some similar open source licensing) and makes, for example, .DLG, .LIP and .PY files way more easy to read than Notepad does.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks Munster cheers
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

I'll try it. For python I use the IDLE editor that comes along with the compiler. It's open source, too.
But if it's really better for .dlg Very Happy

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I'll try it. For python I use the IDLE editor that comes along with the compiler. It's open source, too.
But if it's really better for .dlg Very Happy

- geek
All I can say is that the .DLG files look better in Notepad++ than they do in Notepad. If IDLE is a programmer's text editor, then I doubt Notepad++ is any better than IDLE. Notepad++ has many, many plug-ins for beautification and formatting and spellchecking, so who knows, maybe there's one out there for the formatting and spacing .DLG files use.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Actually notepad++ has a python plugin, and that offers even more options than the IDLE editor.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Developement Lab   The Developement Lab Empty

Back to top Go down

The Developement Lab
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Community News/Media/Downloads-
Jump to: