Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TCI Guestbook

Go down 
+26
MxM
joemarra052075
LISANESBITT
SaulottheGentle
Ninj
gschenker
Bloodywolf
Claudia
Kastor785
Voraxith
eye of the divine
Duncan.Oliver
PGM1961
Sio
Alichino
Zer0Morph
aneumann01
Shabutaro
ThePhilosopher
Cthulhu
Nachtrae
Karavolos
Dragatus
Yosiel
Meowolf
Childe of Malkav
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

TCI Guestbook - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
Thanks Saulott....er Tremere...er whatever you are calling yourself now.
Please call me Sally. Everyone does. :3
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:14 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
Thank you Aneumann, Duncan and Malkav.

Aneumann, no I have never tried the mods and I'm not sure how to use them...a little nervous because they game glitches when unmodded...but I would be willing to try them.

Duncan, I plan to be an active part of the forums and become a regular contributor, particularly if I start trying the mods for bloodlines.

Malkav, thank you for the welcome and the warning.  As an interesting side note the character I just created for Claudia's game was originally conceived as a Malkavian.  Claudia convinced me that the concept I created made more sense as a Setite though.
Oh yes my friend, the game is very glitchy. I've found it to be more stable when running MODs though.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:28 pm

To be honest, with all the unofficial patches made by fans, the game is probably LESS glitchy and buggy with mods, depending on which one you use
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:30 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
To be honest, with all the unofficial patches made by fans, the game is probably LESS glitchy and buggy with mods, depending on which one you use
My computer seems to like Final Nights over any others. I don't know why. I'm afraid to ask or it might start smoking. LOL
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks Aneumann and ThePhilosopher.  I am currently reading through the forums.  While I came here for Claudia's game I did like the old bloodlines game and would be interested in trying it again, particularly if I can get rid of the glitches.  What mod would you suggest I get started with?

Aneumann..is Final Nights one of the mods put out by this forum?
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 3:59 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
Thanks Aneumann and ThePhilosopher.  I am currently reading through the forums.  While I came here for Claudia's game I did like the old bloodlines game and would be interested in trying it again, particularly if I can get rid of the glitches.  What mod would you suggest I get started with?

Sure is Final Nights 1.1 and The Camarilla Edition MOD are both MODs created by evil geniuses lurking around here. Both are very good. I personally found Final Nights far more stable than CE but that's just me...I'm sure some people find CE more stable than FN. CE in my opinion is an expansion to the original game along with it's original clans and final nights has all new clans with different powers. There are other differences of course but those are the main differences in a nut shell. Smile
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:24 pm

[/quote]Sure is Final Nights 1.1 and The Camarilla Edition MOD are both MODs created by evil geniuses lurking around here. Both are very good. I personally found Final Nights far more stable than CE but that's just me...I'm sure some people find CE more stable than FN. CE in my opinion is an expansion to the original game along with it's original clans and final nights has all new clans with different powers. There are other differences of course but those are the main differences in a nut shell. Smile[/quote]
What do you mean by new clans? Clans out of the books that were not in the original game, or brand new clans entirely.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:

Sure is Final Nights 1.1 and The Camarilla Edition MOD are both MODs created by evil geniuses lurking around here. Both are very good. I personally found Final Nights far more stable than CE but that's just me...I'm sure some people find CE more stable than FN. CE in my opinion is an expansion to the original game along with it's original clans and final nights has all new clans with different powers. There are other differences of course but those are the main differences in a nut shell. Smile

What do you mean by new clans?  Clans out of the books that were not in the original game, or brand new clans entirely.
Clans out of the books that were not in the original game, and some bloodlines. To note:
Assamite, Baali, Follower of Set, Ishtarri, Osebo, Salubri, Samedi.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:47 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:

What do you mean by new clans?  Clans out of the books that were not in the original game, or brand new clans entirely.
Clans out of the books that were not in the original game, and some bloodlines. To note:
Assamite, Baali, Follower of Set, Ishtarri, Osebo, Salubri, Samedi.
Thanks I just downloaded and installed it (though my copy of bloodlines was in a different folder than either of the ones mentioned in the instructions...but then again I got mine though GOG
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm

The modders are a bit restricted on what new clans they can introduce; due to the limitations of the game engine and the fact that the number of Disciplines is set-- one discipline can only be replaced by one that is similar in range  and effects.  Zer0Morph, the guy who did the Final Nights mod, did an excellent job of making the new clans, with help from friends for the voice acting, skins, etc..

The CE patch is awesome as well; but even the latest Unofficial Patch by Wesp5 has extra content that was buried in the Bloodlines game files but not accessible, if you install the 'Plus' patch.  (The UP 'Basic' patch only fixes the known bugs, without adding any extra content.)  Since the Camarilla Edition nod is based on the Unofficial Patch, it has this extra content too.

Edit. -- if you do a lot of mods, you'll find it's easier to load one copy of the basic game, and then just copy those files to another folder, and run the mods on the copied folder. This eliminates having to do a new install every time there's a revision or new mod.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
The modders are a bit restricted on what new clans they can introduce; due to the limitations of the game engine and the fact that the number of Disciplines is set-- one discipline can only be replaced by one that is similar in range  and effects.  Zer0Morph, the guy who did the Final Nights mod, did an excellent job of making the new clans, with help from friends for the voice acting, skins, etc..

The CE patch is awesome as well; but even the latest Unofficial Patch by Wesp5 has extra content that was buried in the Bloodlines game files but not accessible, if you install the 'Plus' patch.  (The UP 'Basic' patch only fixes the known bugs, without adding any extra content.)  Since the Camarilla Edition nod is based on the Unofficial Patch, it has this extra content too.

Edit. -- if you do a lot of mods, you'll find it's easier to load one copy of the basic game, and then just copy those files to another folder, and run the mods on the copied folder.  This eliminates having to do a new install every time there's a revision or new mod.
hmm...wish I had known that before I installed Final Nights...oh well.

taking a break from it right now...getting frustrated...while it is playing far smoother than when it was unmodded I am having a hard time in the tutorial getting there the spot where you have to sneak *sigh*
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 pm

joemarra052075 wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:

Edit. -- if you do a lot of mods, you'll find it's easier to load one copy of the basic game, and then just copy those files to another folder, and run the mods on the copied folder.  This eliminates having to do a new install every time there's a revision or new mod.

taking a break from it right now...getting frustrated...while it is playing far smoother than when it was unmodded I am having a hard time in the tutorial getting there the spot where you have to sneak *sigh*
Oh yeah the sneaking skill is practically useless at first as enemies are more sensitive to your presence. If I do the tutorial, it's because I have a level two obfuscate. Otherwise it's too much of a pain in the butt. LOL
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 am

You can sue Bloodbuff to increase your Dexerity a little. Other than that, the sneaking on the tutorial is doable, but it requires better timing than in the unmodded game.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 am

Dragatus wrote:
You can sue Bloodbuff to increase your Dexerity a little. Other than that, the sneaking on the tutorial is doable, but it requires better timing than in the unmodded game.
Dragatus, I always suspected you to be a bloody lawyer...
So you're a double bloodsucker and therefore twice cursed.Twisted Evil 

-geek 
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:08 am

aneumann01 wrote:
joemarra052075 wrote:
PGM1961 wrote:

Oh yeah the sneaking skill is practically useless at first as enemies are more sensitive to your presence. If I do the tutorial, it's because I have a level two obfuscate. Otherwise it's too much of a pain in the butt. LOL
hmm...I wonder how to get it to skip the tutorial
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 am

I never had any issues with the sneaking unless I had sneaking 1 (aka only one dot in dexterity).
To skip the tutorial you have to tell jack to fuck himself (I don't need the help..) right as he catches you outside the theater
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:27 am

I am too much of an XP whore to skip the tutorial, even though it's only 2 XP. Smile

Obfuscate 1 is hard in the tutorial, too. Have to be still when he looks at you; and combined with low sneaking feat, you are nearly always spotted. When this happened, I always went back and made a new character with Obfuscate 2, or higher sneaking skill.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am

F*** the 2 xp, but I want the lockpicks...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:13 pm

I know, right? You can't get then anywhere else in the game. At least, I've never seen them offered for sale anywhere. Or do you just not see them for sale if you already have them?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 pm

If you skip the tutorial, Trip sells the lock pick Smile
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:08 pm

That explains why I've never seen that... Never skipped the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:15 pm

You're a Jack fanboy, bro, that's all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Well either way I am going to have to remake...thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 pm

The sneaking part is ridiculously easy if you're playing a clan that has a discipline with a stunning effect. Trance from Dominate, Hysteria from Dementation, Quicken the Blood from Quietus, Rest for the Wicked from Daimonion, even Eyes of the Adder from Serpentis.
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:32 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
The sneaking part is ridiculously easy if you're playing a clan that has a discipline with a stunning effect. Trance from Dominate, Hysteria from Dementation, Quicken the Blood from Quietus, Rest for the Wicked from Daimonion, even Eyes of the Adder from Serpentis.
Hmm...ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCI Guestbook   TCI Guestbook - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

TCI Guestbook
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: Team Camarilla International Guestroom-
Jump to: