Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood magic

Go down 
+7
Jad.3
Dragatus
Childe of Malkav
Karavolos
Feral
Claudia
Hikari12th
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Blood magic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

*Hangs head in defeat and plots next move*
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Hikari12th wrote:
it could happens if enough of us wanted it to
As far as CE is concerned, Claudia is Vienna's voice.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 am

Contenta sum !
Okay well you see, I'd love to have a Tremere mod, in which each clan would be Tremere on different paths of thaumatrugy, with history concerning their secret societies, but it's not going to happen :

first for RP reasons. Thaumaturgy is a discipline one has to study. Rogue embraced Tremere usually do not know thaumatrugy, because it's not a "natural" discipline. It requires years of training and study just to be able to use the first level (taste of blood, which lets know if the target has fed recently, how much blood he has on his system and a couple of other nice stuff which any doctor would kill for). It's not like there are thaumaturgical tomes on every corner. Oh and I'm not even talking about the preparation and meditations ! There's a huge need to concentrate to be able to control yourself.
And that's just for the path of blood. The path of the lure of flames is even worse for the character, because the fire scares the shit out of any vampire (rotshreck it's called, a frenzy caused by fear)

Now the pc in bloodlines will never be able to learn all that. Even if he's on Strauss's ending, Strauss will never trust the pc enough. I mean he's way too powerful to allow him to gain too much power and kill the pyramid ! The PC will have to spend his decades of studying just like all others. It's like fallout, he's been out, he can't fit in that easily (other apprentices will try to get attention too and here we go Tremere rivalries)

Now for technical reasons, limitations in disciplines : only a x number of targeted disciplines can exist.. Sure, we can turn some of the Thaumaturgy paths into a passive discipline (those that affect you only and don't have different levels, just "more!", like Potence, Fortitude, Presence, Auspex...), but it takes away the purpose and the balance of the disciplines. Thaumaturgy Path of Blood is thought as a combat discipline (probably linked to the VTES card game Thaumaturgy cards, since Thaumaturgy in pen and paper is so wide and versatile, but this problem is also true for Auspex, Presence, Protean, Dominate, Dementation and Obfuscate)

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Or you could just serve some infernal demon master and learn Dark Thaumaturgy! It's fun!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hikari12th wrote:

- geek

Logos Etrius, Ambassador!?!? I thought he met Final Death in the catacombs below Chantry of Five Boroughs?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 pm

That shit never happened <_<

You don't have proof !
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Do you have proof to disprove, Miss. Crazy Tremere Lady?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm

You are the accusers, you're the ones who should be proving they're dead Smile Okay, dead-er

My dear nephew Etrius' doing well and happy Wink
Plus even if he was dead, I'm still here, and I'm here to stay.

*throws a bloodcookie to misslead*
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

No! I will not bend my will to your logic! I SHALL FIGHT 'TILL THE END OF GEHENNNAAAAAA
Blood magic - Page 2 Rargh
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Have I made myself clear?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Blood magic - Page 2 Stock-photo-white-chess-king-standing-over-a-black-king-down-defeated-44759614

*Walks away and picks up bloodcookie before exiting*
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hikari12th wrote:

- geek

Logos Etrius, Ambassador!?!? I thought he met Final Death in the catacombs below Chantry of Five Boroughs?
lol!
Remember who I am. There are enough voices in my head. So any will do Laughing affraid Sleep

- geek
Back to top Go down
Hikari12th
Ancillae
Ancillae
Hikari12th

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm

maybe if we all sent a email to white wolf or something..idk but this isn't something we should give up on so easy.
and we could always rework the opening and storyline...or is the engine to old for that?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 am

Can't help it! Where is Eliza?! ELIZA!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Sorry mate,
she hasn't been onboard for quite some time. So no more official LOL-ing right now. You have to make do with a mad scientist laughter: HAAAr Huaar HAr HHAAAr! Huarr HAR HAR!

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Sorry mate,
she hasn't been onboard for quite some time. So no more official LOL-ing right now. You have to make do with a mad scientist laughter: HAAAr Huaar HAr HHAAAr! Huarr HAR HAR!

Hoooooooowwwl!

Last edited by Feral on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [/quote])
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I know... and it makes me sad... Crying or Very sad
HAAAr Huaar HAr HHAAAOoooooooooowwll!

---

Claudia, how do rituals work - I mean, I know simple Thaumaturgy up to Blood Potency, and there are level 4, level 7 rituals, can I learn them? Thx.

Last edited by Jad.3 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Q.)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 am

IIRC in order to learn a ritual of a certain level, you must have that many dots in Thaumaturgy. So if you want to learn a 4th level ritual, you need to have Thaumaturgy 4.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 pm

And as I recall, Rituals don't even require any XP to learn -- just that you have the appropriate level of the discipline and a source to learn from, such as an NPC or a book. Right?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:31 am

You have a limited number of rituals according to your thaumaturgy level (like you get a bunch of level 1 rituals if you're level 4, but only one of two if you're level 1).

That and you gotta have the time and means to study plus practice it. And a teacher. And vienna's approval.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:30 am

And not be to consumed by mopping Chantry's floors. And be on a Regent's good side. And worm your way into the graces into your potential teacher. Have time and means to obtain necessary ritual ingredients. Be able to do it without making mess that would get you demoted to Apprentice 0 and sent to Vienna tobe Etrius' personal Gargoyle... List goes on and on.

And that, dear kiddies, is the reason why Tremere do not rule the world. Whith their students taught as much as possiblle as soon as possible... pale Shocked Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am

Feral wrote:
And that, dear kiddies, is the reason why Tremere do not rule the world. Whith their students taught as much as possiblle as soon as possible... pale Shocked Twisted Evil

It's very important to keep dangerous knowledge out of the wrong hands. There's also no point in having an army of wizards, if you can't control them.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 11:01 am

Always remember: the plural of "wizard" is "war"

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Always remember: the plural of "wizard" is "war"

- geek

Pratchett?

WoD wise it would be Wizards March, methinks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:01 pm

Claudia wrote:
You have a limited number of rituals according to your thaumaturgy level (like you get a bunch of level 1 rituals if you're level 4, but only one of two if you're level 1).
What I don't get is that after revision there are only 5 levels of Thaumaturgy. So what about higher level rituals, like seven?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood magic   Blood magic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood magic
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next