Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Cities

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: New Cities   New Cities EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:36 am

I don't know how hard it is to actually make a map for this game since there's no toolset to help out (though I've been told one exists). I do know that if you jump high enough (or noclip) you can see that the 'world' isn't really 3D for the most part - it's a bunch of walls, many of which are invisible and extend indefinitely (or high enough to be make no difference).

New Orleans would be top of my list for new locations to visit. Salem could be another one.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:09 am

Hm, while not impossible it's not likely to ever happen. You have to at least create a new hub and modify the existing interior maps to look different enough. Then you need a storyline with new characters, quests, dialogs...

I know, I asked for this. Well, I mainly made this forum to get an idea what people want to see in a new mod, so I can decide what kind of mod I'll build.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:07 am

Maybe you could do like a Troma thing - where they take an old movie, strip away the soundtrack, and then do their own voice overs and sound effects to make it a completely new movie.

So you'd still have a scene in the beginning where someone dies; a guy in a suit in a penthouse; pimp-daddy, hippie chick, and pirate man down and the bar; some other wack jobs who don't know how to bathe running around howling at the moon, etc... But the plot could be something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Ryoga84
Fledgling
Fledgling
Ryoga84

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, while not impossible it's not likely to ever happen. You have to at least create a new hub and modify the existing interior maps to look different enough. Then you need a storyline with new characters, quests, dialogs...

I know, I asked for this. Well, I mainly made this forum to get an idea what people want to see in a new mod, so I can decide what kind of mod I'll build.

-geek 
as a reference note, let's say I feel like try making new maps/hubs, what I should need?

(Bloodlines SDK and ... )
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Hope you have more luck with the hammer editor than I did. The maps I tried to edit didn't recompile.
And creating a new one from scratch is hard work. It's not only the map itself, but also the light you have to build in.
Back to top Go down
Ryoga84
Fledgling
Fledgling
Ryoga84

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:12 pm

Ok, then only SDK
got it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Cities Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cities   New Cities Empty

Back to top Go down

New Cities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Whishes for a new mod-
Jump to: