Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussing my latest ideas

Go down 
+7
SaulottheGentle
Bloodstone
Maxus Corvin
Karavolos
Dragatus
joemarra052075
Claudia
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 pm

There could be meow, too. And make the cat totally unresponsive from time to time. So when you tell it to go away it walks om your head. Because you know, cats are like that. I live with a cat... Cool
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:52 pm

On another matter. I have installed Akeem as a book seller. Basically it works as I want it. You tel Akeem what you want to learn, the book appears on the desk, and when you read it your stats improve. There is just one problem. If I buy the book, increase the stat with xp, and then read the book, I can't make the game recognize the cheat. Same problem if I buy the book, read it, and then talk to Akeem again. Then he sells the same book as before.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:23 am

I like the dialog. HAS to be different for a malk though.

So what you want is the price of a book depending on the level of current skill? I'm not sure I know how you want it to work.
In vanilla, some books could be used for skill 2-3, some 4-5, could you use that? Like set a limit when you buy the book, so if you buy, XP, read, you'd get "you know all this stuff already" message?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:37 am

Finally... it works. But I had to force quicksaves before and after reading the book. And still, if the player manually increases an ability, he must save before purchasing a new book because I can't force saving on dialogbegin. And without saving or loading a new map, there is no way to ensure that recent stat changes are recognized by dialogs or python scripts.
Hope I didn't make some stupid mistakes while implementing the requirements and costs...

Jad.3 wrote:
So what you want is the price of a book depending on the level of current skill? I'm not sure I know how you want it to work.
That will be similar to the college in CE. If your current skill level is 0 or 1, base cost for the book is 250$, for level 2 500$, for level 3 750$, and finally for level 4 1000$. But with Akeem you can get a discount for high haggling skill. (It's all a matter of wrestling with the giant reptile  ~~~alien )

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:50 am

Oh you snakecharmer!
Glad to see my advice helped you so quickly! jocolor
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
On another matter. I have installed Akeem as a book seller. Basically it works as I want it. You tel Akeem what you want to learn, the book appears on the desk, and when you read it your stats improve. There is just one problem. If I buy the book, increase the stat with xp, and then read the book, I can't make the game recognize the cheat. Same problem if I buy the book, read it, and then talk to Akeem again. Then he sells the same book as before.

- geek

Not sure if this would work, but maybe have each book remove 5 dots, then add whatever value they should have? This depends on if the engine handles negatives, or stops at zero. Have the book be a dialog where the first dialog removes, then second one adds. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 am

It is done. The only problem is that I had to enforce two quicksaves, one before and one after reading the book. But soon you can se for yourself.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:24 am

Just a quick update.
I have decided to leave generation and most of the other background stuff out. That stuff is good for a p&&p game where you can develope a comlete pre embrace history with the storyteller. But in a computer game I think it unbalances the gme more than it adds to it.
So I have decided to leave only the attribute, ability, and discipline choices in the first part of the char creation dialog, and then add 12 free points for attributes, abilities, disciplines (including a new one), humanity, and starting money (0 to 500$).

The new haven is ready. But I couldn't get the tv working, so you can hear the news on the radio. Or you can select Deb or music. Maybe some rats in the backyard...

Akeem as a bookdealer is set up and working.

The tutorial is ready so you can play it even if you have chosen not to have dots in every clan discipline.

Currently I'm working on the Santa Monica dialogs so I can test this part. While after a break I'm at it again I still can't promise a releasedate.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:28 am

Thank you. Is some update-file ready?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:26 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Not yet, but I think I'll make one tonight.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Great news indeed! Thank you for keeping us posted!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Sorry, the new update has to wait a bit. There are some things I must test first.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Sorry, the new update has to wait a bit. There are some things I must test first.

You're a tester, too? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Jad.3 wrote:

You're a tester, too? Rolling Eyes
My name appears red on the forum, right? Wink
Of course I test things that I create...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:43 pm

I hope you don't test too extensively, so there's something left for me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:07 am

Jad.3 wrote:
I hope you don't test too extensively, so there's something left for me Rolling Eyes
Not sure if I can allow that. scratch
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Malkav testing . . . 30 guppies done.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:06 am

C'mon, Malk, I need a fix!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:39 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
C'mon, Malk, I need a fix!
And thou shalt get it...

This time it is a full version again, not just a fix.

If anybody else is interested, contact me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussing my latest ideas   Discussing my latest ideas - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussing my latest ideas
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3