Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell

Go down 
+4
Duncan.Oliver
Sio
Nachtrae
Claudia
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Rufus irradiates with joy at Mikael's compliments. He smiles and his wings even move a little. He nods when Mikael speaks of the Ventrue, but he doesn't seem to have a strong opinion, or first hand knowledge; the master must be right.
He moves away when he understands what the Tremere is doing, idly cleaning a little the place. It takes half the usual time (15 minutes) for the ritual to take effect.
After the Regents of the surrounding cities turned down the "call" as it was not addressed to them. It takes a moment for the Lord of the south west quarter of France to answer the call.

Alexandrius's voice is soft and calm, but with the usual patronizing the older members of the Clan tend to have.

(Alexandrius) As your Regent has not answered your call... What is it, childe?

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Mikael continues in his kneel position, head turned down.

My Lord, my greatest apologies to disturb you. Magister Horsman, Apprentice of the Seventh Circle.
I am Lord Tarcisus personal steward, here in this city to accomplish a mission for him.

Mikael presents himself in a rather hurried tone. As if he didn't wanted to waste the Lord's time.

The Regent of this city, Regent Kersten, has gone missing. We do not know why. Any attempts to contact him, thaumaturgical or otherwise, have proven useless. He left no messages, no reasoning, no explanation, he left no one in charge until his return.

This city is passing through troubled times. Not too long ago, this very chantry was attacked by a Sabbat mob. We... we are having many other difficulties I will not bore you with, my Lord.

Mikael voice dies out a bit after talking about the chantry attack. It appears he will not talk about the other "dificulties" unless the Lord shows interest in them.

My Lord, under normal circunstances, these problems could be dealt with swiftly.
My history and rank would enables me to defend Tremere interests in this turbulent time.
However, without Regent Kersten words, I have no real authority.
Disobedience and disregard for our sacred traditions is strong amongst certain members of the Clan in this city.

Our presence in this city is weak and strained amongst the local powers. I fear this period of chaos might just be what our enemies make use of to even lessen our hold here in Bordeaux. However, I also see that this period might be just what we need to strenghen ourselves in this land. But without any real authority, I cannot unite the Clan towards this goal.

My Lord, I bow to your wisdom. What is there for us to do?

Mikael turns silent.
When he says "us" he means the city's Tremere, not "us" as in "You and me".
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:06 pm

It seems the Lord is patient enough and attentive. He doesn't interrupt, but does send every now and then a signal to let his clan mate know he is listening and taking in information. He doesn't sound surprised, but a feeling of distrust of deep annoyance comes through when Regent Kersten is mentioned.
When Mikael asks what to do, Alexandrius shows clearly he didn't expect anything less from Bordeaux.

(Alexandrius) Christ, Bordeaux. Always a thorn. Give me an instant, Appretice Horsman.

The presence seems to disappear an instant, as he is probably distracted. It doesn't last more than what he had named an instant.
(Alexandrius) The current highest ranked in Bordeaux, without counting you, would be Apprentice Vonïgner if my information is up to date. If it's the case..

The Lord seems to be gathering pieces together ; Horsman was sent to do something in town, and what a coincidence, Lyle is nowhere to be found. Obviously, he thinks Claudia is not suited to take any sort of lead, for some reason (oddly, as a Lord he probably knows how skilled she was with her studies, but he has no reason to know her as a person).
(Alexandrius) I know Bordeaux's Tremere situation, considering what happened it's only normal the locals are not so welcoming. It is the same in all ex occupied areas, and Bordeaux was the city in which the Clan had the least allies. It is not a surprise, yet Regent Kersten has managed to avoid a blood hunt being called on what was left of the Chantry.

Which explains his current rank as Regent. Maybe Alexandrius knows more of Lyle's actions as a Regent than the Apprentices. The Lord sighs out a general truth which he seems to object to.
(Alexandrius) It is not uncommon for Regents to leave without notice for a short period. In normal times, the clan members usually carry on. Considering the size and position of Bordeaux's Tremere, there are usually no grounds to worry. The Sabbat threat, however.. There were no losses, am I right?

He pauses an instant, before speaking with seriousness as he states his decision.
(Alexandrius) A Justitium state was called by Regent Kersten just after the attacks, yet he disappeared. These two facts together tend to let me think his disappearance was either a plan or a much more worrying event. What have you tried to contact him?

He goes on (much more fluid conversation than what we write ^^).
(Alexandrius) These are no regular circumstances and I will have a talk with him and remind him of his role. Nevertheless I can see why- I suppose you are talking about Apprentice Griffin, I foresee why he is reluctant to obey. Very well, I'll name you Regent Ad Interim for the time being, after confirming Lord's Tarcisus' orders. I will then send over a messenger to bring the official papers for you to present to the other members of the clan.

Even if he probably has not met directly his Regents' apprentices, the Tremere Lord is informed enough. Obviously Claudia and Corinna would obey, so his deduction on Griffin is proof of a swift mind.
Something bothers him as he thinks over something.

(Alexandrius) Would you confirm this : currently, and excluding yourself , in Bordeaux, our strengths are : a Ghoul by the name of Marie Optra, bond to Regent Kersten, Apprentice Lejeune who travels between chantries (and can't leave because of the Justitium), Apprentice Ansons who is in charge of the book keeping, Apprentice Griffin who is a harpy yet not what we could call the most loyal, Apprentice Vonigner who.. has certain gifts, Lord Tarcisus' Gargoyle, and a Belgian apprentice by the name of Wolvenheart ?

He takes an instant to ponder the situation. A man with a great strategic mind and cold reader, it seems.
(Alexandrius) I am unsure whether you being in the Primogen Council is the wisest choice, due to your ties with their old enemy. Shall we name a puppet?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Mikael listens to Alexandrius, remaining on one knee and with his head turnd down. When asked about the sabbat attacks, Mikael answers:

No casualties, my Lord. Although there were some...complications after that. You see, the gargoyle Rufus was present in the fight and finished an opponent. Prince Gosuin used this fact to demand an audience with the gargoyle, which Regent Kersten complied. Today was said audience. While the Prince demanded to have a private audience, with no one else but the two. However, I managed to talk him out of it, for I feared he would use the situation to use his use of Dominate on Rufus. Although I do believe there is no need to worry for the moment, I have reasons to fear he will use this situation as an excuse to get some revenge at us, little as it may be.

After being named Regent, Mikael makes a small nod with his head.

Thank you for the faith deposited in me, my Lord. I shall not disappoint the Clan.

I have not tried to contact Regent Kersten myself, my Lord, for I believe it to a wasted effort by my part: If Regent Kersten truly did not wish to be found, there's little in my power to be done. Comunicate with Kindred Sire and Rite of Introduction were attempted by his childe. Although I am not certain if Apprentice Voninger used Illuminate the Trail of Prey, I am almost certain the result would be null. Phone calls, messages and e-mails were also used but not answered. No one knows where he went or when he will return.

You are right about our strengths, my Lord. I was however unaware that Regent Kersten had a ghoul; I have not seen, spoken with or heard about this women ever since I arrived. I would find very likely that no Apprentice in Bordeaux knows about this, aswell.

Mikael speaks in a neutral tone. He doesn't seem to be emotionally affected by the fact that Kersten has a ghoul, nor by the fact that apparently no Tremere in Bordeaux knows about it.

Griffin's strengths lie in his sociability and contacts, and while he certainly can defend himself, I believe his knowledge of thaumaturgy to be not very deep. He is also quick-tempered and easy to anger.
Ms. Ansons is very disciplined in her studies, and her thaumathurgical knowledge is worthy of notice for someone her age.
Ms. Voninger has great potenial as a thaumathurgist, however, like Griffin, she dropped her studies, as allowed by Regent Kersten. While her personality would most likely make her gifts useless in a confrontation, it is also her greatest boon to the Clan in Bordeaux: for it soothes the Kindred in the city concerning our clan.
I had not yet had the time to survey Wolvenheart's strengths and weaknesses. I intended to do so later this night.

You see, my Lord, our position in this city is very fragile indeed were the Kindred here to turn on us. That is one of the reason I was adamant in not letting the Prince speak with Rufus privately, and were the choice to fall upon me, I would not allow him to speak with the gargoyle at all!

The fanatical zeal is present in his voice and in the way he raises his head as he speaks about what he considers a mistake by Kersten. He soon adopts his former expression and tone, however.

Forgive me, my Lord, for is not my position to speak ill of my Elders, nor to second guess them. Regent Kersten is wiser than me and certainly had a reason for doing so. He did an excellent job, through his policies and his use of Griffin and Claudia to keep the bad blood at bay.

He seems to hold himself to speak something else, but for someone like Alexandrius it would not be hard to see what Mikael was about to say: While Kersten had indeed saved the clan from extinction in Bordeaux, he did not made the Clan stronger de facto.

My appointment to the Primogen Council would certainly cause an unecessary amount of friction and suspicion with the current Elders. While best choice would have been Griffin, I am certain he would not be content to be a figurehead, nor to report to me. He would be very susceptible to bribes from other Primogens and would retain information from me, if only for the sake of doing so. I don't think Griffin will ever commit heavy treason against the Clan out of fear of retribution, but he has not the Clan's interests in Bordeaux as one of his concerns. Apprentice Voninger would be pushed around easily and she would easily become the equivalent of a mute statue in the Primogen meetings. She's also too much of a..."friend" of the Brujah Primogen and the Prince to my liking. I do not think it would be much of a stretch to imagine her withholding some apparently innocuous information without realizing the importance of it. Apprentice Ansons, while loyal and trustworthy, would be out of her enviroment and might not be able to serve the Clan's best interests through the social minueties of the Council.

Perphaps if Griffin was to drink another conction of the Seven's blood, he could become more trustworthy and be able to best serve the Clan in the Primogen council? Forgive me my Lord, this is a serious issue and it is not my position to speak of these matters. Mikael speaks as he assumes an even more submissive instance.

Mikael shows no sign of dishonesty or deception, although the "Kersten is wiser than me" sounds to be said in bad faith by an attentive listener. Horsman is certainly smarter than trying to lie to a Tremere Wizard Lord.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:01 am

There's a slight chuckle, a repressed laugh when Mikael indicates he feared Rufus might be dominated by the Prince.
(Alexandrius) My apologies. I have met the Gargoyle a few decades ago, and I know how Tarcisus created it. Only a handful of people in the country have a strong enough blood in their bodies to impose their will on him, and all but one are of our blood. This is the one doubt you may spare yourself with.

Obviously he found the situation very entertaining, and goes back to more serious matters.
(Alexandrius) Most of the time ghouls are overlooked. At least Regent Kersten is serious when it comes to census and sending regular reports. As for Thaumaturgical means of finding him, "Communicate with Kindred Sire" usually does not just "fail", so further investigation is necessary. I may summon Apprentice Vonigner to have her perform it in front of me and have her word the response she has.

The Lord thinks about the respective strengths of those in town, and adds.
(Alexandrius) Apprentice Griffin dropped his studies due to misunderstandings with his Sire, if my memory serves. Inquiring about other Disciplines is necessary, for him as well as for Apprentice Ansons. Tarcisus used to tell me way too much about Apprentice Vonigner's progresses, as such I have a fairly good idea of her abilities. My papers indicate she stopped her studies in the 1930's with Tarcisus' consent. I wouldn't underestimate her if she were put in a cornered situation, after all, with her lineage... Regent Kersten sent her to Vienna just after Tarcisus' promotion, to be initiated to further paths, it should be inquired as well.

He waves off the zealed attitude as if nothing.
(Alexandrius) All Tremere are not expected to like each other, keeping it quiet is useless. Disagreeing with your Regent, and Regents disagreeing with Lords is something I understand and accept. Providing it's kept between us and that obedience is respected.

It's different from Tarcisus, who didn't accept anything less than obedience and silence. Different opinions is something he dislikes, as he is fairly authoritarian. It seems Alexandrius is a bit more diplomatic.
(Alexandrius) Apprentice Ansons has not formed a coterie and is not versed enough in social interactions with the others ; Regent Kersten's repports are mostly about how he moves books in the library behind her back to see if she notices. Apprentice Lejeune is not native to the chantry, and Wolvenheart is too young. So, in my mind, it is between Apprentice Griffin and Apprentice Vonïgner. The first might be more accepted by the Court due to his position, yet he won't serve the clan's interest on his own. It might turn against us. He has drank the Chalice twice already, as it was the custom by the time of his embrace. He could be forced to serve, but if he really spoke against his sire in public, he might rebel.

Obviously he thinks Griffin rebelling might be a good excuse for the others to act against the Tremere clan ; the Lord isn't too worried about Griffin himself, but rather of the image of the clan if he was to be slain for rebellion. Unlike those who were killed in the 1920's for forming an Anarch Coterie.. they were dispensable.
(Alexandrius) I suspect he is the kind of Apprentice one should negotiate with, and appeal to something else than his loyalty towards the Clan. With the official position I am giving you, he might be less reluctant to take action in favor of us. Yet apart from speaking ill of his sire in public, I never once read anything about him working against the Clan. Apprentice Vonïgner, on the other hand, is appreciated by non-Tremere, but unlike Apprentice Griffin, she may be more willing to keep the clan in mind at all times if informed of the role she is to play. If she is friends with the Prince and the Brujah Primogen as you say, it is all to our favor. Will she break? I am unsure, after all she has grown old enough, without having enemies. Her survival might be proof of her strength. You tutored her approach of Thaumaturgy, and according to the reports I have she was skilled at understanding. "A fool does not understand the paradigms as she does", Tarcisus had written. Maybe she has fooled everyone by giving an image of weakness. If that is the case, she is a trump card to use, maybe in other circumstances.

Obviously, the Lord expects Mikael to give his opinion, as they discuss the matter in greater detail. He seems to rely on Mikael's experience of the city and its Kindred, yet he gives openly his opinion and releases some information.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:39 am

Mikael listens attentively to Lord Alexandrius. He makes no more comments on the various topics except who should be Primogen, for it seems to Mikael that these other topics are finished.

You are right, my Lord. Ms. Voninger is be the best choice for the Primogen seat, all things considered. Perphaps not the optimal candidate for the job, but we will hardly have an optimal men for any duty.

Mikael waits to see if the Lord will make any pronunciations or if he will ask further questions.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:36 am

It's clear the options are limited and the Lord is not fully pleased with the situation, but it's the best they can come up with for the time being.
(Alexandrius) I trust she is still attached to you as your tutor, and by carefully using it, you may ensure her zeal. You are both Ad interim, until Regent Kersten returns or proof of his dimissal is given. Should you need any assistance, you may count on my support. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Well at least he takes his role as a Tremere Lord seriously and fulfills his duties with conviction.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:38 pm

I have nothing else to report, my Lord.

OOC:

Looks like my fears were unfounded, Rufus. You're much stronger than what I gave you credit for.

Mikael laughs. He appears to be in a great mood.

A pity. Would have been lovely to see the sorry face of Prince Gosuin when his powers were shown to be useless against you. But perphaps is better if he doesn't know what we're capable of.

He laughs again.

Yes. Rules of war. When weak, appear strong to make your opponents overtly cautious. When strong, appear weak to make your opponents overtly confident. In the end, it was the best course of action.

Now, you've heard Lord Alexandrius, haven't you? I am taking over as Regent in Regent Kersten's absence.

I will not lie to you, Rufus. Our position in this city is deteriorating. From the outside, we lose ground. From the inside, traitors and heretics rot our clan.

Mikael's usual coldness is yet again substituted by the fanatical zeal that takes hold of him. Closing his fist in front of him, he speaks in a completly convicted tone, walking around the room while he does so.

I seek to end it. I do not know how much time I have in this position I am in, but I intend to make the most of it.
I will cleanse Clan Tremere from the corruption of this city, and then take it back to the glory of the nights of old. Those who betrayed us shall be hunted. Those who attacked us shall be destroyed.

Horsman stays quiet for a moment, surely as he is planning how to do so. He turns towards Rufus and puts his hands behind his back.

But I cannot do it alone.

Mikael looks at Rufus with intesity. He takes a moment of silence before continuing.

Can I trust you to help me in such a task, Gargoyle Rufus?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 am

After polite farewells indeed the Lord cuts the communication.

Rufus hands Mikael a cloth piece so he can clean himself from the steam ; he anticipated that need when he saw the water boil, and he waited until Mikael finished his conversation to approach. He nods when the Magister credits him for being strong.

(Rufus) Master Alexandrius is right, only the strongest Tremere masters can force me to obey. It's a secret we keep well because Master Tarcisus has a strong blood. I know it's hard to force me to obey, but I always obey without being forced.. I don't want to be forced, I serve well..

A painful memory, it seems. Mikael remembers that during WWI, Tarcisus left the city with Rufus, and when they came back, Rufus was ruthlessly punished. Tarcisus explained that Rufus had refused to leave his tower which was why once back in town after things had calmed down, he needed to discipline the Gargoyle. The news of traitors and heretics surprise him and he asks about them, matching even some of Mikael's zeal to destroy bad blood.
(Rufus) Traitors? Here? All the masters of this city are good masters...

The Gargoyle observes Mikael walk around and listens to his wishes. He tries to stay out of the way ; thankfully the Ritual room is big enough for him to move around fairly freely, and he's remarkably in control of his own body not to make a mess around him ; he's not as clumsy as his big frame lets everyone think and is actually quite the opposite.
(Rufus) I heard. I will serve you like I served Master Tarcisus and Master Kersten after him. What can I do?

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:09 pm

OOC:

As he recomposes himself and his clothes, Mikael continues his talk with the gargoyle.
Indeed you do, Rufus.

A slight of irritation crosses his face as the Gargoyle asks about heretics and traitors.
I cannot prove anything at the moment, Rufus. But I see the signs. Signs that I once saw with my childer, but that I ignored. Had I payed attention, I could have placed him back in the right path and Kersten wouldn't... Nevermind. It's in the past, and my childe was a failure.

I will not ignore those signs now, least it brings the whole clan into entropy. I can see the shadows moving on the walls. They seek to hurt us. They seek to destroy us. Destroy me, destroy you...even Claudia seems to be on their list.
Mikael pauses a little as he gauges the gargoyle's reaction.
ST:

Better keep this between us Rufus, first not to create panic amongst the Clan, second because we do not yet know how deep this corruption goes.
For now, prepare the Regent's rooms, for I will make my office here. When the time comes, leave the prisioner in the theater. Prepare one apprentice room, too. This is just the beginning, Rufus. Darker nights await us.

Having said everything he wished to say to the gargoyle for the night, Mikael does the formal farewells and takes his leave. As soon as he reaches the human church, he takes his phone out of his pocket and does a series of phone calls and sent messages.

The first one is calling the Hotel's driver to come pick him up
One message is to Eliza (will be in the Elysium thread)
One message is to Claudia
One message is to Emilio
One phone call is to the Nosferatu call center thingy.

Claudia:

Emilio:

ST:

Nosferatu call center thingy:

As he awaits his ride and the answers to arrive, Mikael goes to the front entrance of the Church. He spends a few minutes looking at the group of neonazis that are "guarding" it. After a while, he approaches them.

Any "immigrants" in sight?

ST:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:05 am

Mikael is still presentable because when boiling water to put his face in its steam, the Tremere is smart enough to take off and cover up the pieces of cloth that would really look bad if steamed :p

With a severe face, Rufus nods when Mikael speaks of heretics. He remembers the Anarch coterie. He frowns visibly when Claudia is mentioned, but he was alarmed enough.

(Rufus) Claudia is Master Tarcisus' precious. Like all masters she has to be protected...

Certainly more concerned that he'll be punished by Tarcisus if something were to happen to his grandchilde, than for Claudia herself as a person. Oddly he doesn't say "master Vonigner". He's convinced for sure there is danger on the whole clan, and of course, he blindly trusts Mikael's words.
(Rufus) I will stay silent to all. The rooms will be ready for today, and I'll bring the prisoner at the time I was told. He then asks before Mikael leaves, with a certain hesitation about what is expected of him. Are the masters moving back here, or should I move to the new place Master Kersten chose ? Master Kersten had told me he didn't need me in the Hotel and that I was just to keep the Tower undisturbed. Master Tarcisus insisted the secrets here are the most important, and when the masters lived here I could guard both the secrets and the masters. But now...

If the Tremere and the secrets he is mentioning (probably the Nod) are in two separate places, Rufus has issues knowing what he needs to protect. It's clear Kersten left Rufus in the tower to protect them. But now that Kersten is absent, and after Mikael's words, the Gargoyle is worried about the Tremere's safety and asks Mikael which one should prevail.

Father Eliet is in the Church, discussing with a two old parish ladies. It seems he's calming down their worry. He gives a glance at the Tremere, and seems to recognize him, but goes back to his conversation as if nothing.

On the phone, Pierre seems fairly unimpressed by the phone call, but he keeps it to himself and mutters a "I'll inform her". He lets out a "oh" of interest at the freebie info but without clarifications, he'll just have to find out for himself (and spread the information, just as planned!).

phones and else:

What ride?
There are two ways outside the Chantry (apart from Rufus' ways) ; one through the sacristy and the main doors of the church, the other through the priest apartments, leading to a small wooden door on the side of the pedestrian passage (smaller than an alley)

The three skin-heads outside seem to be waiting for the people inside to be done with their stuff. Maybe one of them is related to the parish members (highly probable). One has shaved completely and is wearing a kaki (greenish) hoodie he has not pulled over his head. The two others have sweaters. But they're all wearing cargo pants and ranger shoes. The two with the sweaters are one blond guy with metal-long hair and a matching beard, with a bit of a beer belly (probably the kind of guys that goes to heavy metal concerts, drinks lots of alcohol and pogo around) and one brown haired guy, cut very short, a bit less muscled than the others, but it seems he has more brains than the others. Mikael thinks for sure the shaved guy was military (he's a bit more fit, and it shows in his posture ; it's clear he has worn cargo pants and rangers before but in a "real situation").
The blond guy is telling the other two how he caught some gay guy with a couple of friends to break his teeth on the side walk (with far more harsh words than what your ST is willing to write ^^). When they see someone go out of the Church, they stop talking and give a glance over. The brown-haired guy looks more suspicious, and it's probably the man Mikael speaks to.

(Brown) Nope, none. When did you come in?

He keeps his language very neutral and fairly polite, judging the kindred to know if he's "one of them" or some journalist taping them. The question makes the other two realize than indeed he didn't enter the church. They're not aggressive, yet, but they'd like answers.
While they speak, the two parish ladies and Father Eliet come out of the church. The shaved guy walks to them to help the priest close the doors.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Mikael nods at Rufus' questioning

You are to stay here. I cannot overrule Regent Kersten's decision of having a chantry in the hotel, I would if I could. I will bring some apprentices with me here, but not all of the Clan.

He thinks a bit before adding
Actually, Rufus, prepare all of the apprentice's rooms, not just one of them.

To Emilio:

ST:

To the skinheads:
Through the priest's apartments. I was assigned here to work on security after what happened. I was discussing with the city's authorities until moments ago, and I had to come back to pick up some documents.

I have to come back to finish my work, but I just wanted to say, on behalf of the church, thank you. It's a very brave thing you're all doing. Your families should be proud.

When the driver arrives (or not, if the ST wants to troll me), Mikael takes his leave.
See you soon, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 pm

The Gargoyle let know Mikael he understood him before he left.

Emilio answers a "Ok".

The blond guy nods and smiles when Mikael explains how he wasn't seen. The brown-haired one gives a glance towards the alley, and half frowns, but he's convinced it's the truth. He does spare a proud smile when Mikael thanks them.

(Brown) We do what we must.
(Blond) We'll get revenge somehow.

The Priest and the two old ladies approach the group with the shaved guy. The ladies leave with the brown-haired guy, who waves goodbye as they go. The shaved guy walks away to have a better view over the avenue just south. The priest makes a hand movement to stop Mikael from leaving.
(Father Eliet) Please wait.

The blond guy gives a glance at the priest, and when he signs he should go/he wants to talk alone with Mikael, he leaves after a polite wave.
(Blond) Good bye then.

The priest's face turns more severe when he's alone with Mikael, the shaved guy being away from hear shot. It's a very calm Monday after all. He's judging Mikael. He somehow looks.. familiar to the Tremere. Back from the forties, back when Tarcisus was in charge of the city.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Mikael scans the priest up and down, annoyed at being stopped.
What is it?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:13 pm

The old priest stays silent a short instant, observing Mikael. He then gives a quick glance around to see if no one could be able to hear him.
(Eliet).. Where is Kersten, "young man" ?

His question is polite but pressed, almost pleading. He hesitated at the "young man" (after all Mikael looks young enough to be his grandson.. if he wasn't a catholic priest, that is). There's a doubt that he knows.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:46 pm

A small smile appeared on Mikael lips.
I could tell you, father. But first you will have to tell me who are you, how do you know him and what business you have with him. Seems fair, no?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:02 pm

The priest stays silent an instant, as if the words spoken were unexpected. He then smiles, seemingly remembering something.
(Eliet) Right, my apologies. I am father Eliet. This individual finances the associations that rebuilt the church so it could open again and celebrate mass properly. I am also his confessor.

In the 1980's, the church closed and stopped being a church (it was in and out often during the most troubled times, including during the Revolution). It was used to hold city archives until 2002 when Alain Juppé, the mayor of Bordeaux (still in office in 2011, but he's also the Defense Minister of the central government) gave it back to a very conservative and polemic catholic fraternity (this one : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_St._Pius_X ) ; after many legislative procedures against the Society, the church was given by the Cardinal to another association (this one : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_the_Good_Shepherd ), but in truth it's still the same people in charge.
By celebrating mass properly, the priest probably means the mass in Latin, pre Second Vatican rules ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridentine_Mass )

Eliet is a family name Mikael remembers from WWII. Mortal allies of Tarcisus, fervent believers and they certainly helped the German control taking... Maybe Mikael met this person seventy years ago... but he was very little. Maybe a Chorus boy.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Confessor, eh? Who would have thought. Mikael chuckles a bit.

Well, father, Kersten is out to solve work-related issues. We presume he will be back soon.
I'm taking over his position for the time being. Is there anything I can do for you?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:39 pm

The priest shrugs at the chuckle.
(Eliet) I can't say he is a very orthodox Catholic but he observes and respects the rites.

Perhaps he thinks Lyle is a good Catholic. At least he respects the Tremere's knowledge, but he's unsure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. He gives a curious glance when he mentions Kersten has left for work.
(Eliet) He is not deceased, then, good. He was inside, when this.. attempt of an attack happened, along two other persons.

He's not truly glad, but Father Eliet is unsure how to feel about the situation.
(Eliet) I'd like to know exactly what will happen to my parish and if I should expect.. unusual things to happen behind the sacristy. More unusual than our regular ones, of course.

He has not slept well lately, it shows.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 pm

I don't know the future to tell you what will happen, father, but we believe this attack was a one time thing. We have no reason to believe Saint Eloi is a target any longer, but be assured that if the situation changes I shall inform you.

And nothing that happens behind your sacristy shall disturb you or your congregation.

Mikael stands still, awaiting the answer and further questionings.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 3:57 am

Looking a little reassured by the seemingly honest and straightforward answers he gets, the priest nods and smiles.
(Eliet) We can appreciate that. Thank you. If you need to confess..

He offers for later, indicating the church, even if deep inside he knows he'll be denied.
(Eliet) Have a good night.. Mr Horsman.

Now Mikael is sure the priest remembers him from the war.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Hearing his name amuses Mikael a bit.
God be with you, father.

The Tremere enters on his ride and leaves Saint Eloi.

ST Note:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:23 pm

The Priest anwsers the same to Mikael, before leaving as well, by foot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13