Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Water Mirror

Go down 
+2
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:22 pm

The Water Mirror Docsq
The Water Mirror Watermirrorbymalkaladyd

Right between the docks and the street, in front of the Bourse Plaza (and it's tramway station), is the Water Mirror. During the summer, it helps people to find some freshness. It's also a very popular place where families make their children play a little, and it's also a common meeting place for the youth of the city to have something close to a picnic (and a few beers, if they are discrete enough), to sit and rest after a bike ride or a walk.
Unless one goes to 4 am or that the weather is really bad, there is always people around the Water Mirror, which makes it quite a nice haunting ground when using a seduction approach (people kissing happen, a lot). Any other approach would be dangerous due to the lack of "privacy".

Many Medical students make their "initiation" around there, dressed up, throwing soap into the water (so to make bubbles), selling candy... well, any good college "initiation". On the other hand, bachelor parties can meet or begin in the Water Mirror, in the same desguise, initiation, dares and truth fashion.

This Thursday night is nothing different, with the notable exception of the lack of families (who probably wish not to cross any drunk students and eccentric young people venting from classes).

Right south from the Mirror are sitting, in the grass, two people which are probably the ones one may be looking for.
On a round large piece of dark red well manufactured fabric, full of little details (darker or lighter schemes), and probably made out of raw silk, Claudia and a man (1) that looks at least in his late forties installed themselves. Claudia is recognizable with her auburn hair and her clothing style ; in this case, a white and pink pastel dollish dress, with matching high socks, shoes and jewelry, except that red ribbon that ties her hair on a loose bun, while the man wears a semi-formal black costume with a dark red shirt underneath, a light beige cotton scarf around his neck, black cotton gloves and a beige coat that he has folded next to him, over which sits a very sober but insanely well crafted ebony cane. He's also wearing a chain necklace with a pendant, silver with a blood-red gem that is certainly ancient. To be more precise, he's on his knees, while she sat in a more feminine way, legs put together to the side and with what one could qualify as child's manners from two centuries ago.
Both of them took off their shoes they left right behind them, on the grass. Next to Claudia is a sort of a picnic basket (the case style), closed, of course without any true "food" content. What looks awfully like a very old bottle of wine and matching glasses were taken out of said basket, and those two glasses were served and sipped from. They put an incense little box, next to it, and when one comes closer, the light smell of orange comes from the frail trail of smoke.

A game of mikado has begun between the two. The man had to take off the glove of his right hand to be able to play, revealing a very pale skin, thin and crafty fingers, with the end of what seems to be a black, weavy tattoo on his wrist. His dark brown eyes are completely focused on the game, and he plays it very seriously, calm and slow in his movements, but she seems a little more distracted, lifting her eyes often, observing around her quite often as her attention is driven away by a noise, a light or a movement. When it's her turn, she smiles enthusiastically to whom one can assume is her grandsire, and moves slowly, precisely, to take out one of the sticks. With a victory gesture, she puts to the side the awarded stick on to her little pile, and observes him take his turn with a nostalgic look towards the young Tremere. She seems to enjoy it a lot more than he does, but that might be because she is more expressive. Either way, he plays and he plays in a very serious, thought and calculated way.

Despite her act, it's clear that Tarcisus is a man with a good amount of personal power. Anyone giving a look or stepping a little closer can sense this "occult, powerful aura" that some of the Oldest Kindred have around them, which can make people slightly nervous around them, or, on the contrary, be very attracted to them. The first thought one could have is that he has given himself to the Thaumaturgical studies so much that it had impregnated him, or even corrupted him. Claudia seems either immune to the feeling due to her distracted facet, or she has grown so used to it that she doesn't even notice it.

Perception 4, Torture, Duncan:

(1) Yes, he looks like Phil Collins, so sue me ! I couldn't find any better picture than that one to express the Tremere, sorry <_<
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:50 pm

A small motorcycle (125cc) pulls off the road by the water mirror, just before the underground parking. As it pulls onto the currently unoccupied bicycle path, Duncan shuts off the motor. He waits for Miri to dismount, and he does the same. He isn't wearing a helmet, although Miri is. Duncan pushes the motorcycle onto the sidewalk between the gardens, north of the Water Mirror. As Miri follows, he leans over and says something to her.

Miri:

Duncan pushes his motorcycle down the sidewalk toward the river walk, as he gives a small lecture:

Like I said, I'm prettty new to Bordeaux myself, but I've done a little driving around. This is the Water Mirror. I think it's fairly new, as well as the gardens around it. Across the street is the Bourse Plaza. Theo says there used to be a statue of Louis XV, but they melted it down to make cannons; the current statue is called 'The Three Graces'. I asked Theo what the statue represented, and he said 'boobs'. Duncan chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Miriel removes the helmet and passes it back to Duncan when they dismount. She nods to what he says aside and walks with him as he gives her the tour.

She doesn't make a smart-ass response to Duncan's retelling of Theo's crass art critique, in fact, she seems to confirm it,
Tits have been a popular art motif since before anyone can remember. As to why there is a statue dedicated to them, for a public piece, it makes sense. I can think of few people who don't like looking at them. She then tilts her head in a slight nod, as if to agree with a thought that just cropped up, It seems all there is to large statues is muscles, tits and horses. Her face wears a faint expression of distaste as she continues to contemplate something about that generalization, Muscles and tits, I understand people's general attraction to, but the horses thing... She shakes her head, May get a little too Freudian to decipher, for my tastes.

During their whole walk and talk, Miri has been glancing around the garden. She smirks and gives a pointed glance to Duncan and then to a southern direction, past the water mirror, to a woman and man who appear to be picnicking- The man's general aura undoubtedly denotes age and mysticism, the woman's clothing style familiar. She smiles after Duncan has noticed, walking along with him and waiting for what he may say or do next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Duncan takes the helmet, and continues to walk the motorcycle towards the riverwalk as he listens to Miri's thoughts on statues. He smiles, and adds a thought of his own.

To paraphrase Freud himself, sometimes a horse is just a horse.

As Miri looks around, Duncan does the same, although the only people visible are a few random lovers strolling or kissing among the north gardens. When Miri spots something, he nods at her gesture and takes a subtle look in that direction... and then he squints, trying to see through the glare of the lights reflected in the water mirror to the gardens on the far side, nearly 200m away. The Brujah glances at Miri with an eyebrow raised, and mutters in a low voice:
Good eyes.

At the riverwalk, Duncan turns right and parks his bike next to the nearest lamppost. He places the helmet back inside the small bag on the rear fender, and then turns to Miri.

Okay, ready to sightsee. You owe me for this, though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm

As Duncan and Miri get closer to where the Tremere are sitting, they can begin hearing their conversation (which is closer to a few words exchanged rather than a true conversation). They are speaking a dialect, which seems quite close to German, but because of the lack of actual dialogue, it's not possible to be very sure about it. They seem mostly to give numbers or turns. Claudia seems more reserved and more discrete in her global behavior than what she looked like the night before. She seems to have noticed their presence after having another look around but she either did not reacted, or told anything, as Tarcisus did not lift his eyes off the game.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Miriel smiles to Duncan, ignoring entirely the discussion on what is or will be owed, and begins to take a couple of slow steps backward from where he stands and faces her.
Duncan:
She walks, pacing slowly ahead, her body always turned slightly to maintain eye contact with him while he catches up, A horse is a horse, of course, of course... Still, things of emphasized importance- Such as, an enormous statue of a man on a horse- When presented at a certain face value- Such as, "This is just a statue of a man on a horse," betrays a kind of dubiousness within that simplicity.

Handsome, pedigreed riding horses were a status symbol in that day, and therefore, also a potent symbol to be depicted in art with. It meant mobility, nobility, and privilege, and that was shown quite literally with the equestrian, that the person could go places others could not, and could have things others could not. Real power.

She looks around, seemingly admiring the garden as they walk, she slows to walk beside Duncan, instead of in front. They resume their pace. She speaks more softly, truer to her default speaking volume.
Duncan; Auspex 1- hearing, if not currently preoccupied:

They make their way gradually toward Claudia and her companion, Miri continues, You see what I mean, though, what it all meant back in the day. It was a brash display in its own right, to have that much money to spend on casting metal in one's own likeness. She seems to withdraw while she thinks on how little she actually understands about all this 'back in the day' talk as they draw nearer to the man with the overwhelming aura, I'm continually surprised, though, in meeting those who have been around since and before the days those statues went up and were torn down. She stops walking.

They are but a few meters away from Claudia and Tarcisus. She takes her eyes off of Duncan and seems to notice Claudia for the first time. She smiles broadly, prepared to greet her from that distance, but the two seem to be engrossed with their game. Miriel approaches more cautiously, mindful to not do much to break their concentration until her presence is noted. She smiles pleasantly when Claudia looks over.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

Duncan catches up to Miri as they start to walk around the Water Mirror toward Claudia and Tarcisus. He speaks in a low, conversational tone to match Miri's.

It seems to me that anyone who commissions a statue of themself is trying a little too hard to make people see them as important, or powerful. It's probably an insecurity thing. I'll bet the Louis XV statue depicted him as mounted. A shrink would probably say something about overcompensating, like guys who buy a Lamborghini to make up for their 'shortcomings'. Duncan chuckles a bit. I guess some things don't change, no matter what century you're talking about.

Of course, sometimes it could be the artist who is the insecure one, trying to make up for a lack of talent by putting a horse under the main subject, and making his sculpture that much bigger than everyone else's. Then people will say, "It's not a masterpiece, but look at how big it is!"

Duncan stops walking a pace after Miri does, looking at her with a mix of confusion and minor annoyance. This look fades as he follows her gaze to where Claudia and Tarcisus are seated. Duncan nods to Claudia as she looks their direction, but a glance to Tarcisus prompts the young Brujah to face the elder Tremere, and make a formal bow.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Claudia waves gently to the two first kindred, but she had not seem to notice the Gangrel, yet. Maybe because his style of clothing merges with what she is used to, or maybe because she has not seen him in a while. She's, indeed, more reserved than usually, but she seems pleased to see other Kindred.
Tarcisus lifts his eyes a few instants on to Claudia since she has not taken her turn yet, and he follows her attention out of reflex. He blinks a couple of times, and takes from inside his pocket a pair of ancient copper glasses he puts on. He allows a small nod towards the Brujah when he greets him, then sets back his eyes on his GrandChilde with a question behind his eyes. Claudia offers him a short reassuring smile, despite her not being very reassured herself.

(Claudia) Good evening ! Please, come closer..

She invites to approach with a polite smile, then turns back her attention towards Tarcisus. She says a few sentences to him in that dialect, that, at a closer look, can be recognized as Alsacian (a dialect spoke in the German border with France). She says both of Miri's and Duncan's full names, as well as their clans and some other either adjectives or nouns, so putting two and two together, mean that she is introducing them. He nods as to approve, then gives another look towards the newcomers. He responds a few words to Claudia, who looks back, as if surprised, and with a little tension. She now notices Chriss, and offers him a more reserved smile, but still welcoming. She responds to her GrandSire, again, the name and the clan, as well as a few words to complete. He observes a bit more deeply the Kindred, then speaks in a French that seems a bit rusted (the grammar feels a bit odd, but he does not hesitate). He sounds warm, a bit paternalistic too, but it feels odd considering his global aura.
(Tarcisus) News travel fast. Do join us, childer. You may already know but- I am Tarcisus of the House of Tremere, Lord of the southern Netherlands. My title does not apply to non-Tremere, nor to the Tremere not under my watch, so I will not hold griefs if you do not use it.

After a quick glance around, Claudia picks up one of the mikado sticks, which she puts over her pile. She seems a little less tense, but she still seems in between distracted or worried. The red fabric is big enough so half a dozen person can sit without being too close to each other. By leaving the basket and Tarcisus's belongings between them and to the side, there is indeed enough empty space.

Last edited by Claudia on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Duncan refrains from talking until after Tarcisus introduces himself; but after that's done, he takes that as a sign to speak.

I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Lord Tarcisus. I apologize for the distraction to your game. Last night in Elysium, I had overheard that you were in Bordeaux. I had wondered if I would see you during your visit, yet this is not exactly the venue I imagined. I've passed by these gardens before, in the few weeks since my arrival in Bordeaux; but I'd never stopped to look at them until someone else wanted a tour. Duncan glances at Miri, with an amused expression. I suppose the Toreador love of beauty has its uses after all.

I admit, some Kindred I spoke with were not exactly pleased at your presence, although I know almost nothing of the reasons they feel that way. Still, I like to make up my own mind about people.

Duncan glances over at the shoes on the ground, and appears to think for a second about the elder Kindred's invitation to join them. He compromises by kneeling like Tarcisus, with his knees on the edge of the fancy 'picnic blanket' and his shoes still on the grass. This allows him to accept the invitation, while giving the two Tremere plenty of space... and keeping his shoes on.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Miri approaches when beckoned by Claudia, though she stops short, offering a small curtsey and a smile to Tarcisus when she hears her name, though she can't exactly follow what else is being said.

She's underdressed compared to the Tremere, wearing a thin, black half-sleeve boat neck sweater whose neckline has been stretched a little further to be modified into a kind of off-the-shoulder top, and a worn-in looking pair of dark grey skinny jeans. The only major bit of color to her outfit is from a coral red leather belt peeking out from underneath the waistline of her top by the aid of an ornate, but tarnished silver belt buckle, which is worn to the side of her hip. There's a good reason that her buckle stays well askew from center, but anyone else might assume it's crooked to match the way her top is worn. On closer inspection of her accessories, it seems more thought has gone into her outfit than one may initially think. Her hair is tied back, except for her bangs, which fall in a fringe she allows to slightly obscure her eyes. She's wearing few thin silver or dull gold chain necklaces which further frame her neck and shoulders, and a beaded bracelet of the same coral red on her belt peeks out of a forest of thin black band bracelets. The combination of faded metal colors, gray and black begin to make the little stitches of reddish color become more noticeable and pleasant to look at. There's even some reddish embroidery (or faded markings?) on her jeans, by a front pocket.

She takes a few more steps toward the cloth the Tremere sit upon and begins removing her lighter gray Chrome-brand saipan shoes before seating herself, as Duncan does. Where Duncan sits like Tarcisus, Miri sits like Claudia.

She smiles as if she's suddenly self-aware when Duncan mentions the "tour." She protests, jokingly,
But Duncan! How could you say that like you never intended to return? As if that's what matters the most out of what he's said. She looks at him, smirking, and adding in her defense, I'd heard it was lovely, and just wanted some company to go check it out. She holds her hands out and shrugs in show of mock-deference, But don't feel obligated to babysit, by any means...

Instead of waiting for a reply from Duncan, she looks to Tarcisus, smiling warmly, Very pleased to meet you, Lord Tarcisus. I'd heard your name around as well, though I can't say mentions have been followed by opinion, as with Duncan. She looks back to Duncan, saying aside, You see? This is exactly why I pester you the way I do, what with your initiative of investigation. Imagine me, wandering around the Water Mirror in the middle of the night, clueless and alone, interrupting people's evening games like a lost... she shakes her head, her glance wandering to some far direction in the upper left as she ponders. No descriptive noun she tries to think up encompasses all the confusion and vulnerability she means to articulate. ...Thing.

Miri looks to Claudia for a long second, I was actually meaning to visit you sometime tonight. To see how you are, to chat. This was just a stop on a leisurely evening, on my way to St. Eloi. I was going to ask M. Kersten where I might find you, since I generally have no idea where anyone I met the other night is. She smiles, as if holding back a chuckle, You should've seen the expression on Theo's face when I asked where he might be. I knew I had messed up immediately. She sighs, amused at the recollection, Duncan is being a great help to me tonight. I'm not sure how things would've turned out, otherwise.
Claudia:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:05 am

Claudia continues taking Mikado sticks, as she had not moved any other stick (like in a pool game, as long as you succeed, you can continue), until none are left. Seeing this, Tarcisus puts back on his glove and mutters a few words, still audible. The fact that he now speaks French to his GrandChilde shows either a certain respect towards the three Kindred that came to meet them, and/or a certain ill-placed pride concerning the capacities of his protégée.
(Tarcisus) As always.. Luck does love you, my girl.

The younger Tremere offers a shy smile, and begins sorting her sticks and the points they are worth. She only interrupts herself when she notices that both Miri and Chriss speak to her, but she doesn't seem bothered by it. She does let her GrandSire continue speaking, after his compliment, as he makes a hand movement to invite Chriss to sit as well. His tone of voice betrays a paternalistic approach, as well as his choice of words. Oddly, even if Claudia is much older than the three other (at least he seems to think so), he 'belittles' her the most.
(Tarcisus) You should not worry about our game. There are very few situations where I could do something against my girl's exceptional luck, in anyway ; do not bother counting my childe, you have 113 points. It is true that your clan, he says so by setting his eyes over to Miri, openly, has made a stunning work to turn the docks into a more pleasant view. Duncan -is it ?-, I am very well aware of how little I am wanted here. They (with Theodore Jacob first) cannot understand so I hold no grief, and I do not plan on staying too long either.

He smiles a bit warmly when Lyle is mentioned. Claudia looks away, as if she didn't like the subject, but she keeps discrete about it. She does give a look of surprise as the number of points is mentioned, and with a look towards her sticks and a few fingers used to count, she confirms it.
(Tarcisus) Lyle in Saint Eloi, still ? I had thought he moved the Chantry away..
(Claudia) He did, but he still goes there for his influences, or else.. It's also Rufus' domain, now.

Rufus' names does bring nostalgia on the old Tremere's face, but he doesn't say anything, and nods in comprehension. Claudia puts back all sticks into their box while she responds to the younger Kindred. Her hand placements and her uneasiness can attract the eyes of close persons to the scars on her skin (see spoiler on the first post). Her voice is a little broken down, as if she was tired, but she seems sincere as she makes conversation.
(Claudia) Rufus is the gargoyle of our Clan ; because of the staff of the Hotel, when Regent Kersten moved the Chantry, he let him stay in the Big Bell tower, to protect it against intruders. Rufus... Has a hard time adapting into the modern nights, so we have to take good care of him. I am O.K., miss de Boucher, you shouldn't worry about it, after all I have survived all this time. Chriss, no Tremere is capable of that what you call Honesty, yet I try. It has been some time since we last saw each other, indeed. It was.. During that attack, wasn't it ?

The mention of the attack saddens the woman, she turns back her eyes to her basket, and she decides to browse in it to put back the game, and take out three glasses like hers and Tarcisus'. She first serves some more her GrandSire, before serving Chriss, Miri and Duncan, in that order. She doesn't serve herself, as she still has some of what is certainly blood (texture, color, smell).
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Duncan raises an eyebrow when Chriss joins them, but doesn't say a word as the Gangrel starts talking to Tarcisus and Claudia. He did show some surprise when Claudia introduced Chriss to her grandsire; but it's unclear whether that was because Duncan didn't see him until that point, or because he didn't expect to see Chriss so soon.

When Claudia hands Duncan the glass of blood, he smiles and accepts it politely.
Thank you, Mlle. Vonigner. However, he will not drink from it. As she withdraws her hand, Duncan glances at the marks on her arms, etc.... he looks her in the eyes, glances down at the marks of abuse, and then back up into her eyes in a silent question, a slight frown evident on his face. If Claudia says nothing though, he won't mention the matter with so many people present.

Duncan shows some interest when Chriss asks the elder Tremere about his reasons for being in Bordeaux. He shares a glance with Miri as Chriss poses the question, but he waits for the reply before he says anything himself.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Miri watches the game in fascination as Claudia continues to take sticks. She is impressed by Claudia's skill- or luck, when the score is mentioned, and smiles as Tarcisus' glance catches hers. She blushes slightly in the long second it takes her to recall what he says, Hm? I've never been to the docks, she admits, shyly. I would love to know more about it, though. It would be advantageous to know a little more of the history of the places of interest here in Bordeaux, and I would be grateful.

She smiles when Chriss approaches and sits, but her head tilts in curiosity when he mentions her by name. She greets him aside, Hi. Yes, I remember you from earlier tonight, but I didn't catch your na- She trails off, since Claudia speaks. Her attention is drawn completely away by talk of Gargoyles. She smiles when she learns Chriss' name and Claudia affirms that she is well, Ah, that's good to hear. I should've known not to worry, I suppose, since you were back again yesterday night. She makes a small shrugging gesture, We just missed out on getting to talk more, since you had to help the apprentices home. She chuckles, recollecting, Elisabeth had some interesting things to say.

She's pleased to be offered a glass and accepts it with a smile, sipping from it to occupy herself until someone else has the chance to speak. Chriss' last question to Tarcisus makes Miri look puzzled, as if thinking, 'well, that's rude,' but she's interested all the same. She looks from Chriss to some other direction and catches Duncan's glance. She obscures her mouth with her glass as she begins to smile, amused, though whether it was the forwardness of the question that amused her, or feeling guilt from Duncan's glance for being curious is unclear.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:34 am

As she serves, and when Chriss pats her hand, Claudia freezes and turns into stone. Once she is free to retrieve her hand, she does so hastily. She doesn't mention her honesty (or lack there of) any further, as if embarrassed. The younger Tremere does offer a smile to the Gangrel when he offers to keep the secret.
When she serves Miri and she mentions the apprentices, Claudia shakes her head in despair or denial (which makes Tarcisus smile).

(Claudia) Regent Kersten gets often punished and rewarded at the same time by our hierarchy. Of course, he delegates... However our Clan doesn't produce successful young ones often. I am still the youngest who survived.
Tarcisus nods ; survival to the fittest.. or the luckiest. Claudia doesn't look like the conspiracy manipulator who gets rid of rivals, as it is quite known to happen during peaceful and not-so-peaceful times in the Tremere Chantries. The younger Tremere gave a look full of sympathy towards her grand-sire when she mentioned she is the younger who survived, but he just makes a "I don't care" small gesture.
(Tarcisus) The docks, well... these, he shows around with a hand movement, are the docks. Ports are not as useful as they used to be, back in the nights. Does it matter much ?

Claudia takes the time to share the exchange a look with Duncan, as she understood what was he asking. She doesn't say a word, yet, but it's clear Tarcisus noticed the curiosity of the Brujah. She explains, slowly, but as if she detached herself. It's clear she doesn't tell she whole story, and she'd like to say more, but something keeps her from doing so.
(Claudia) Medicine has changed a lot since I was embraced ; this is how they treated.. the insane.
(Tarcisus) Ah, simple minds and their simple tools. Well from one experiment to another, Lyle did a wonderful job ; the other option would have been a waste of talent.

Tarcisus gives Chriss a long stare when he asks him the reasons of his presence. The older Tremere can't contain an amused smile, as he gives a quick look towards his GrandChilde. Nonchalantly, he browses through his jacket, takes out his wallet, reaches in, pulls two bills of 100€ and hands them to Claudia, who does the exact same thing (except she puts the money in, rather than taking it out). Tarcisus sets back his eyes on the Gangrel, with a smirk, and announces the most seriously.
(Tarcisus) I wanted to give my girl's allowance hand to hand.

Claudia chuckles and denies, forgetting completely about her marks.
(Claudia) Please... You lost your bet, admit it.
(Tarcisus) They do not believe I came here just because I was curious.. Erm, worried about what happened to you ?

The woman offers a slight smile, hopeful and naive.
(Claudia) Was it truly the only reason ?
(Tarcisus) Not at all. You are a good excuse, though.

Claudia lets out a slight sigh, as if disappointed, but she knew all along. The Elder observes carefully the four other Kindred, and finishes his glass before explaining further. The younger Tremere looks suddenly as curious as the three other.
(Tarcisus) It's a complicated issue. It is true that I used my precious grandchilde as an excuse to come, with Mikael. However, unlike what the Ancillae and Elders of this city may think, I plan nothing, politically speaking. My own visit is exclusively private and, yes, if the occasion presents itself, I will take Jacob's head, but I will not create such occasion. I will only stay a few nights _On that matter, Claudia, are the circles in Saint Eloi still there ? The Tremere nods to respond to the question. Excellent_ so, I will probably leave before the week ends.

Auspex 2:

Perception 4, Empathy 2, or Subterfuge 2:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 am

Duncan listens to Claudia's story about her scars, nodding as she gives her detached explanation but making no comment. His curiosoty is evident, but he accepts her story, for now.

When Tarcisus responds to Chriss' question by giving Claudia her 'allowance', Duncan smiles, if only a little. He pays attention to their wordplay, until Tarcisus talks about taking Jacob's head. Duncan's expression becomes very neutral, and he sets his glass down absently on the grass beside him, only to let it fall outward, away from both the picnic cloth and his jeans. The contents spill out on the grass, and soak into the soil.

Auspex 2, Perception 4:

Perhaps Bordeaux's elders will be satisfied with the... non-political nature of your plans. What of your clanmates in Bordeaux... do they support your endeavors? Or do they seek a different path now?

Duncan's eyes will remain lowered, but whether it's out of respect or a desire to avoid eye contact, this is unclear at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Talk of Claudia being the sole survivor from the last group of apprentices solicits a raised eyebrow from Miri as she sips from her glass. This fact intrigues her, but then again, so did the docks, which Tarcisus doesn't find very relevant, or at least particularly interesting at the moment. She nods slightly in response, letting the subject go with a satisfied smirk, I guess not.

She gives a soft look to Claudia while the nature of her scars are discussed. The subject changes and Tarcisus' long pause makes Miri glance between he and Chriss as the suspense thickens. When at last he hands Claudia her allowance, Miri smiles lightheartedly again, but her eyes say she has a question she's saving. She looks amused by their back-and-forth talk until Tarcisus admits he wasn't visiting just to see if Claudia is well, as she had seemed hopeful to hear. Miri seems to share a small measure of Claudia's disappointment, out of empathy or pity.

That thought is interrupted as Duncan spills his glass, which causes Miri to flinch and scoot over slightly to avoid getting a stain, though its contents spill onto the grass instead. She quaffs the small bit of vitae left in her own glass and sets it carefully aside, to do her small part to minimize future accidents. She smirks as she listens to Chriss speak.

However, her initial smirk begins to look faded and drawn as Chriss pokes fun at Duncan, her eyes widen slightly with alarm. Pretending to get comfortable on the blanket again, she scoots a little further from Duncan, as a precaution.

She doesn't seem to be affected by what Tarcisus has said about his business in Bordeaux, beheadings included, but her interest returns when a new name is mentioned. She waits for Chriss and then Duncan to speak or pose their questions before asking a small question in her own turn. She looks to Claudia and asks softly aside, slightly embarrassed, as someone missing out on a detail that seems to be common knowledge would,
...Mikael?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Claudia gave a slight comprehensive smile to the Gangrel when he states he admires her, even if a certain surprise reads when he mentions Tarcisus being delightful. Tarcisus did find the compliment amusing, and had an accepting nod as Chriss declared himself a potential ally.
(Claudia) There is nothing to forgive, don't apologize, it's just that usually, others, she means other vampires, in this case, non-Tremere, tend to avoid touching us.

When Theodore was mentioned, as well as the threat against the Brujah, Claudia gave a certain disapproving look around her, starting with her GrandSire who either didn't notice, or just plain ignored it. Her eyes set a longer time on Duncan, before staring an instant on his hands. Her body language clearly asks for forgiveness ; it's also quite easy to see that she noticed Duncan's play with the glass and she keeps silent willingly ; Tarcisus did not either seem to notice, nor to care. The woman smiles slightly when Duncan asks Tarcisus about other Tremere's opinion. She shares a glance to her GrandSire who raises an eyebrow, and glares back. He says a few words before he incites her to respond, acknowledging that he doesn't know, and, oddly, he could have asked the question himself as Claudia's response interests him ; he didn't bother to ask what did other Tremere felt.
(Tarcisus) Lyle is the loyal kind, he obeys. I am his Sire, but I am not his Regent anymore, nor am I his Lord. By all means, ever since I brought him in the House and Clan, he always worked for the well-being of the clan. My lone Childe.. is very smart. He is very well aware that he could have opposed my visit in all legitimacy, and chose not to do so.
(Claudia) It's true.. It was deliberate.

The mention of her Sire makes Claudia a little nervous, but she fights against it as she speaks of the others. She hesitates to go on a few instants as if she pondered whether to be honest or not. She chooses to speak from her heart, even though it's clear she makes a choice in her words.
(Claudia) Regent Kersten rules the Chantry in a different way that you used to, as you know. She adds, more to the others than to her GrandSire, and stays vague enough not to break Tremere secrets. We have more time to ourselves, and we are allowed to study what we wish, providing that it is not forbidden. The circles of mastery have less importance since we are so few, but it is true that Sodalis Griffin and myself do not wish to study further. Sodalis Ansons benefits from it the most, and the Regent lets her experiment alone, rather than tutoring her like Magister Mikael or Magister Ritter used to. She offers a slight warm smile to Miri, to explain a little further, as if the name of that other person reassured her. Mikael Horsman is Lord Tarcisus' assistant now, but before, he was our librarian and he also was my tutor. She thinks about it a little more, and adds to her GrandSire, but open enough so she responds to Duncan's question. Miss Ansons seemed thrilled to receive both yourself and Mikael. Mr. Griffin.. was not very happy. But you know Jean-Pierre, he is never happy, he doesn't like people, and our own clan is no exception to his cold self ; he asked Regent Kersten if he could leave for a few nights, and the Regent agreed. The younger ones, Mlle. Walker and Mr. Collins, I think it was a little stressful to see so much movement in so little time, but I don't think they understand yet how much it means. However, Mikael was quite angry that they did not speak Latin nor could they have a proper philosophical debate, that's why Mikael stayed with them to teach them some more. Mr. Oliver, I can't say the path the Clan has taken now is different, at least in nature.

Intelligence 4, Wits 4 or Politics 1:

She takes on to herself when she speaks to her GrandSire as Theodore's case is concerned, even if she took a delay time, hoping that it would have been enough to calm people enough. She hesitates on the exact words to address him, because they are in public, as she doesn't use his titles and uses a more informal level of language. She speaks with more familiarity to her GrandSire that she does with the others, or speaking about her other clanmates, with the exception of Mikael Horsman whom she speaks about with his first name.
(Claudia) Please, do not threaten Primogen Jacob, Tarcisus. Regent Kersten would not be happy if..

With a hand movement, he dismisses the subject of the Brujah Primogen with a darker look and a slight frown. Claudia couldn't continue her sentence, but it's unclear if she had more to add after a pause, or if she didn't know what to add. Either way, the older Tremere interrupts it.
(Tarcisus) I said I would not take any actions against that man, nor any of the others. I still have a hard time to forgive him for what he and Gosuin have done to my clan over the years. Yes, I know, my girl, it was long ago, Zelda's Childe's careless researches on his domain, and Gosuin's first attempt to get rid of Madeleine, yes, it was partly their fault for resting outside the Chantry, and those idiots who tried to create an Anarch cell among us.. A waste of blood.

While he speaks, Claudia moves a little to approach her elder, she takes one of his hands between hers, as if she wanted to calm him down or to comfort him. He looks away as he speaks the last few words, disappointed and letting his passion go away, letting his eyes follow a couple on their bicycles, in the vague hope that it would distract him. He lets a meaningful sigh when he finishes, and allows Claudia to take back her seat. He takes off his glasses and puts them back in his jacket. He gives a look to the four Kindred around him, then shakes a little his head before letting out a few words as a confession.
(Tarcisus) Lyle is certainly wiser, despite the curse that affects our lineage. It's remarkable.

Miri, Chriss:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:41 am

As Chriss remarks on Duncan's clumsiness, Duncan looks up at him with a half-bemused, half-puzzled expression that seems to say, "Seriously?" Yet this only lasts a moment, and then Duncan's attention shifts to Miri, and then to Claudia.
Perception 4, Auspex 2:
Duncan listens to Tarcisus talk about Lyle, and to Claudia as she expounds a bit on her fellow Tremere. As he does, he gradually raises his gaze until he can look them in the eyes once more. When Clausia says the path of the chantry is unchanged, Duncan responds:

I was actually referring to Lord Tarcisus' business in Bordeaux, whatever that may be. I just wondered whether the other Tremere were helping you out during your visit, or whether they were engaged in other matters, as M. Griffin seems to be. But then, you said your business was private, so perhaps they don't know any more than I do.

As Claudia tries to convince her grandsire not to threaten Theodore Jacob, Duncan makes no comment. However, he seems less tense than a few minutes earlier. After Tarcisus' rant about past disappointments, and the final comment on Lyle, the Brujah speaks again:

From what little I've seen and heard, Primogen Kersten sounds like he's trying to bring the Bordeaux Tremere into the modern age, and out of the-- well, the medieval era. Perhaps he's trying to make up for any, shall we say, missteps from the previous administration, and improve relations with the other clans. Although last night in Elysium, the Regent did mention some very complex and long-term plans for world domination. I wonder if he was joking.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:00 am

Claudia nods to Duncan's words, as if sorry she responded to something else. She looks down a few instants, then away, while her GrandSire responds quite lightheartedly.
(Tarcisus) They do not know, exactly, and I will not tell them, they seem busy enough. Lyle thinks I need to be chaperoned, I guess it is his way of telling me he knows.

Claudia frowns slightly, as if bothered by the mention of the fact that it seems it's Lyle who ordered her to take care of her GrandSire. He smiles at the mention of the "medieval era". Claudia's looks and body language seem to say that, while she agrees that her clan's position was bad because of Tarcisus, she disagrees with Lyle's "good relations" and the actions taken by her Sire as to improve the situation. While her first reaction is rational and well thought, her second is driven by her emotions, and it reads. Tarcisus doesn't seem surprised by Duncan's words, which can be seen as "admitting" the wrongs.
(Tarcisus) Please, "early Renaissance", our presence as a Clan in the city is one of the most recents. I am perfectly aware of what I did, and why I did it ; Lyle's job to take over was certainly not an easy task. I wonder if he's not the cause of Madeleine's.. absence. Primogen- erm, Prince Gosuin now, right, seems to be in better terms with him. I know my Childe : his ambitions are always elsewhere. Would have he been a power-hungry man who wanted to take control of the world, for domination's sake, he would have done so already.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Miriel nods in comprehension when Claudia clarifies who Mikael is, and listens carefully to the exchange between Claudia, Tarcisus and Duncan.

She cringes slightly at the second Pinky and the Brain reference in two nights, but smiles all the same, if only to help justify Chriss' laughter.

Madeleine has been mentioned twice now, which draws cautious interest from Miri. She speaks softly, looking to Claudia and then to Tarcisus,
I've... never heard of Madeleine. She was before Gosuin? She ponders about the mention of her 'absence' in relation to Gosuin being called Prince, What was she like?

Her gaze shifts momentarily from Tarcisus to the blanket. She takes a spare second to pick up Duncan's glass from the grass and sets it upright beside hers, paying a compliment to the Tremere's tastes as she speaks aside to Duncan, A shame you didn't have the chance to taste this, Duncan. She nods toward the glasses, It tasted like a good life might, as best as can be stored in a bottle. Both the compliment and her sentiment to Duncan are sincere. She smiles softly, returning her attention to the Tremere and the conversation at hand.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Duncan seems to be in a better mood after listening to Tarcisus talk of his childe, Lyle; although he is a bit puzzled at one point. His brows furrow up a bit, and he asks a question:
I thought Madeleine's disappearance coincided with your rise to power. If Lyle was responsible, wouldn't it be at your orders? Or is the reason for her departure still officially unexplained?
Auspex 2, Perception 4:
Duncan smiles a bit at Chriss' joke; although he seems to find Chriss' laughter at his own joke more amusing than the joke itself.

As Miri relates how he missed out on an exquisite vintage, and smiles at him, Duncan returns her genuine smile with one of his own, before turning his attention back to the Tremere.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Claudia seems to freeze up again when Chriss touches her once more, even if this time is a bit less "aggressive" as she perceives it. She does offer a polite smile, but the discomfort is obvious. Tarcisus, on the other hand, reacts more to it, as he takes his cane, to present its handle as if he'd tap Chriss' hand. While the gesture itself is a quiet threat, it's more of a warning than an actual aggressive movement. He articulates the oral warning. His tone is low, and while his care is clear, he reacts as if he'd caught a kid stealing candy.
(Tarcisus) If I catch you touching my girl again..
(Claudia) Tarcisus !

Claudia gives a disapproving look towards her grandsire for his action, she reaches for the cane as it's presented close-by, to have it move away, but Tarcisus does so alone and sets it back to its proper place, next to him. He lets go the "offense" and ignores Claudia's calling him out. They exchange a few sentence in that dialect they spoke earlier ; even if the words themselves are not understood, Claudia seems to scold, in a kind and gentle, diplomatic way the old Tremere, while he sighs and accepts it with a lost look. Claudia doesn't insist too much, and after giving a look full of worry to her grandsire, she observes the three younger Kindred an instant before addressing Chriss.
(Claudia) Please excuse my Elder, while we are not truly a family, and even though I have been freed some time ago, he still has trouble letting me go.
(Tarcisus) Like hell I would allow danger around my only success..

The older Tremere mutters and nods, as he observes people walking and enjoying the docks. It takes him some time to concentrate again on the conversation, and to respond to what has been said. While it's clear he doesn't get the tv reference, Tarcisus understood the joke. A slight smile draws on his face as he adds.
(Tarcisus) Ah, Lyle and the Camarilla. I wish he had more political ambition... As for Madeleine _it's so sad you do not know of her, young girl, I'll tell you, but she was not before Gosuin, she was before me_ ; Madeleine was Villon's Childe, sent over here to "claim domain" on his behalf sometime during the Napoleonic wars. Toreador Hegemony, mah ! She ended up making concessions with everyone and distributing favors to be a good puppet in power. Actually she was quite good at it, she kept the power longer than we all expected she would, she managed to hold on to the throne during the Great War, much to Gosuin's displeasure, despite his attempts to have her disappear at that time. That smart backstabber..

He seems to lose a bit his trail of thought, as he speaks of the ex-princess, as if he had trouble recalling the exact events. He frowns every now and then as he speaks, giving sometimes a look to her grandchilde as if it could reassure him. She busies herself by taking back the empty glasses she puts back in the basket.
(Tarcisus) As for her dismissal, the Tremere have nothing to do with it. I never hated her as one of us, I, and others, just found it inadmissible to be given a neonate woman who thought that Bordeaux only meant wine and ships as head of our community. During my Coup, I did try to have her meet her maker, just to hear Villon's painful screams as part of his soul would have been torn into pieces, but I had no time to track her down, and I never found her. Neither did I find Gosuin. But you're right.. Duncan, is it ? ; if Lyle found her and destroyed her, it would have been with my blessing. Villon's silence makes me wonder if she had indeed died. Maybe Daxhelet knows this kind of stuff, if he's still around there somewhere. It's all past now, I was given other responsibilities, and it seems to have been for the best. Well, until... Did you witness yesterday night's problems ? Ansons gave me a summary, and Claudia doesn't know. Would you be kind and tell me what happened exactly ?

Last edited by Claudia on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo ! I can't believe I wrote "your" instead of "you're")
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Duncan keeps his expression quite neutral as Tarcisus overreacts towards Chriss. The young Brujah listens as Claudia intercedes on the Gangrel's behalf, and attempts to explain her grandsire's overprotective response.

Duncan also glances over at Miri and gauges her reaction to Tarcisus' talk of Madeleine, and the calm way he discusses his plans to destroy his predecessor. However, as Tarcisus addresses him directly, Duncan turns to face the Tremere and pays close attention, although he seems a bit puzzled.

Yesterday night's problems? To which problems are you referring? If you mean the brief duel between Franz and Griffin, your clansman won that one, although I don't think it was very serious to begin with. Or do you mean the big news given to the Sheriff by the fledgling, Estela? I'm afraid I don't know much about that; the elders didn't include me in their council. Duncan chuckles. I think it had something to do with the Sabbat though, judging by what little I heard before they shut the doors.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 am

A delighted, but shy smile crosses Miri's lips when Tarcisus brandishes his cane. She seems charmed through his display of protectiveness toward Claudia. She shakes her head, pleasant smile unbroken, as Claudia offers an apology for Tarcisus' behavior; she wasn't bothered in the least by it.

Miriel's expression shifts from pleasantly attentive to interested to serious as Tarcisus speaks. Her smile fades all the while. She catches Duncan's glance.

Duncan, Perception 3:
Auspex 2:

She lets Duncan respond to Tarcisus, examining his puzzled expression. She raises a brow at the bit of information about the Sheriff. It's interesting, but it means nothing to her. She glances at Tarcisus, ready to recall more details if he were more specific about what he wanted to know, Mhm. That about covers what I was around for. There were some other small things going on, but nothing that could be described as a problem. Unless, you're referring to another event last night, she shrugs slightly. Some silence passes as she looks toward Claudia, thinking, There was also the incident after a blood test... But I don't see how its a problem now, Miss Vonigner looks well. She smiles, shifting her glance around the group.

Miri taps her chin with thought as the details of Madeleine's history continue to settle in. She draws attention back to the other topic,
Is Villon similarly detested by other Kindred in Bordeaux? Is it because he sent such an inexperienced person to claim domain, or was that just added insult?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Tarcisus takes the time to observe a few seconds Chriss as he apologizes, squinting a little. He nods showing he accepts the apology, and looks away, calmed. Hearing Duncan naming the events makes the old Tremere smile. He gives a glance towards his grandchilde, addressing her in between amused and impressed.
(Tarcisus) Is he always that good ?

Claudia nods as to confirm with a slight docile smile, while his grandsire raises en eyebrow as he hears Miri talk about the bloodtest, among other events mentioned. He knows the global events, probably because he has been briefed earlier.
(Tarcisus) It is clear that things have changed. Taciturn and quiet Griffin going for a fight, even a harmless one, Claudia's abilities being asked.. By Jacob ? Why did you even agreed to it ?
(Claudia) Sodalis Griffin has strong convictions and principles, I don't know what Franz Derijk said, but I guess Griffin's harpy straight talk would not have been enough. And I did the test even if my opinion was never asked ; Theo's been on edge lately, so I preferred keep safe, he can get very violent..
(Tarcisus) The Sabbat creates this reactions in most of us. All cities have their share of struggles.
(Claudia) The City Elders are probably preparing a plan thanks to Estela's informations to the Sheriff...

Tarcisus sounded much more serious and worried as he mentions the enemy sect. He lets go with a shrug after thinking the situation over, and certainly considering that it either does not concern him, that he doesn't have the time, or the capacities to deal with the problem. He gives a look towards Miri as she states that Claudia is well now, and adds with a genuine smile.
(Tarcisus) Claudia is a capable thaumaturgist, even if she is too sensitive. She rarely fails as far as vitae is concerned.

Perception + Empathy > 5, Auspex 2, Subterfuge 2:

Tarcisus observes Miri as she mentions Villon and Madeleine, and the hatred concerning Paris' Prince. He seems to think for a moment, gathering the memories. He uses a very personal time line to describe the events, he sometimes think to precise some names he gives, but not always. Claudia takes mental notes as she will translate to modern dates after her GrandSire is done speaking, this is easy to see as she moves her fingers and folds them as if counting. She's also very mindful of what surrounds everyone, but the noise and the fact that they are outside seems to be careful enough, after all, it just sounds like a normal conversation.
(Tarcisus) Back then... Officially speaking, Beatrix had the power until about Gosuin's Embrace. In truth, Villon has begun to hold the strings ever since.. around.. a little after I created Rufus. When I founded the Tremere Chantry and represented the Clan to Helene's council (Gosuin's sire, Helene de Chantraine, she was killed by the Anarchs a few weeks after his Embrace) our opinion on Villon went from unknown tramp to known one. Even Darvault could not stand the man, and Darvault can get along with about anyone. Quite a feat. Elders at the time, excluding his own lineage for obvious reasons, did not particularly like the guy for lots of reasons ; when Helene died, the Brujah Primogen, Daxhelet, delegated his responsibilities to Jacob and decided he'd move to Paris to give him a piece of his mind. Helene herself allied only with Villon when she had to and when he decided to call for Camarilla backup, but it did not save her. She and most other Ventrue, Xavier, many Nosferatu, and myself considered that Villon has not the firm hand to hold the city correctly. He lets anarchs and independents (he still does, am I right ?) and any young kindred with some influence do whatever they please, even revolts and plain violations of the Camarilla laws. He never managed to take back the crypts to the Nosferatu.

He pauses when he catches Claudia's look, and he interrogates her through a raised eyebrow. Claudia smiles kindly and she precises, unfolding her fingers as she goes.
(Claudia) Prince Gosuin was embraced in 1791, the old Princess Helene died in 1793 ; Gosuin and Theodore took their Primogen responsibilities soon after ; our Chantry was founded by the end of the 15th, but was only recognized by the city in the mid 16th. Rufus was created around 1665, but he can't count years so I am not sure. Xavier, I do not think you have seen him ; he was the Malkavian Primogen and the Sheriff for a while before he delegated to his Childe and to Victor. I never went to Paris so I only heard rumors about the anarchs and independents. Please, go on.
(Tarcisus) It feels like yesterday... For what I know, Villon wants to hold the country's power, yet.. How.. Bagoly mondja a verébnek 'Nagyfejű', Claudia ?
(Claudia) We say 'the pot calling the kettle black' ; Tarcisus means that Prince Villon should clean his own yard before exercising any type of power over other cities.

Claudia keeps very neutral towards the discourse, but she did smile when Tarcisus mentioned Gregory being able to get along with anyone, proving it's true. She doesn't seem to agree, but she doesn't say a word about her own opinions.
(Tarcisus) I am not a noble, the Tremere clan does not believe in lineage. The Ventrue and Toreador do, and even while one is not a noble, he must act like one. I never even tried to seem respectable in that sense, we are one of the Low clans and our heritage is not there, but Villon tries and fails miserably. Madeleine was noble, and she wore it with great dignity, maybe it's one of the reasons why she lasted so long. When Villon sent her here while the Primogen Council was ruling the city perfectly, it only got things worse for his local image. After all, Villon had disappeared for a few years during the Terror, and he comes back, takes back his warmed-up throne, sires one of his lovers and sends her to us because he grew bored of her... That is the only reason why I wanted her dead, but I was certainly not the only one. Gosuin was building his influences, and he did try to get rid of her lately.
(Claudia) Tarcisus..
(Tarcisus) And of us too, since he was at it, that bastard... And right when I was out of town to meet with the Lord, too.
(Claudia) Tarcisus.. !
(Tarcisus) Thank the heavens the Chantry is well protected, but those who slept out did not survive. Lyle is working out an arrangement in the meantime. And the Celestial Chorus probably gave the Ventrue a hand.
(Claudia) Regent Tarcisus !

Claudia approaches her GrandSire and takes his hands, as she interrupts him. He gives his descendant a look full of questions, as she pats his gloves with worry and care.
(Tarcisus) And how did you manage to survive last week's.. ?
(Claudia) It was almost a hundred years ago, Tarcisus... You were promoted in the forties, you are Lord in Maastricht now.

Tarcisus takes back his hands, frowning, mistrusting, as he observes again the three other Kindred he doesn't seem to recognize. Claudia sits back, and browses through her basket for her phone.
(Claudia) It's alright, we were talking about Marquise Madeleine and Prince Villon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Water Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Mirror   The Water Mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

The Water Mirror
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: Neutral Ground-
Jump to: