Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goat Cheese
Fledgling
Fledgling

Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" Empty
PostSubject: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:11 pm

I stumbled onto the quest not knowing it was a part of the mod, deleted the email, and the only clue im left with is to erase data from cathayan's computer.

Just who/where the hell is that?
Back to top Go down
Goat Cheese
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am

Aaaaaaand i failed it. Didnt make the deadline. Is the console able to help me with the quest status?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:44 am

Welcome to the forum Goat Cheese!

Let's see... where do we meet a Cathayan? In other words, a Kuei-jin? In Foxy Boxes, across from the Asylum, in Santa Monica.

Did you talk to Knox, in front of the Santa Monica Medical Clinic? He tells you about ghouls, and then you see him later in Asylum, and he asks you to help him. That leads you to the Cathayan/Kuei-jin, which helps with Bertram's request later.

You can zip through the game pretty quickly if you ignore the side quests... but you miss out on a lot of XP gained from these quests, which makes you weaker in the end-game boss battles. Maybe Childe of Malkav or Zer0Morph can give you a console command that fools the game into thinking you succeeded in the quest. Then again, I remember the good old days when a player just went back to a saved game and tried again.
Back to top Go down
Goat Cheese
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:33 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Welcome to the forum Goat Cheese!

Let's see... where do we meet a Cathayan? In other words, a Kuei-jin? In Foxy Boxes, across from the Asylum, in Santa Monica.

Did you talk to Knox, in front of the Santa Monica Medical Clinic? He tells you about ghouls, and then you see him later in Asylum, and he asks you to help him. That leads you to the Cathayan/Kuei-jin, which helps with Bertram's request later.

You can zip through the game pretty quickly if you ignore the side quests... but you miss out on a lot of XP gained from these quests, which makes you weaker in the end-game boss battles. Maybe Childe of Malkav or Zer0Morph can give you a console command that fools the game into thinking you succeeded in the quest. Then again, I remember the good old days when a player just went back to a saved game and tried again.

As an avid powergamer, i always complete every possible sidequest, and i tailor my stat distribution so as to utilize every single stat increase. I google'd the question, and got that about the foxy boxes vampire, but there was no computer in the foxy boxes and knox wasnt saying anything relevant.

Whats the reward for the quest? I want to know what i missed out on.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Computer is in the room directly to the right from the front entrance. Before the storeroom with a lot of boxes. reward was like 2 or 3 xp. And Bertram's gratitude. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Not beaing pushed around, exploited, used, manipulated, shot at, burned, sent on suicide missions... Ah, daydreaming Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:34 am

You also get 6 exp worth of free skill increases in Computer, Investigation, Finance, or Intimidation.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Dragatus wrote:
You also get 6 exp worth of free skill increases in Computer, Investigation, Finance, or Intimidation.
6 xp worth is right, but the actual choices can change a bit, depending on what your character already knows.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"   Bertram needs you...where is  the "cathayan's computer?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Bertram needs you...where is the "cathayan's computer?"
Page 1 of 1